Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

maybe if all the butt hurt, early/pre-order people who bought the release prior to the 11th could make a petition to have bioware engineer a time machine so you could go back in time and tell yourself to not spend the next 5 months playing expanded content for $10 because it's going to be free in 6 months :D

that's a savings of nearly $2 a month! =o HOLY **** YOU'RE RICH NOW!

Edited by homsikpanda

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***!!?? did you realy think us Subbers who have been there since day one and preordered the expansion are going to just lay here and take it without lube??

Im calling total b******t on you EA/BIO you suck and this shows just how much you REALY appreciate us subscribers and the people who stuck with it and even did the preorder.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

What is it with some MMO players and the term "Slap in the face"?

This is because the average MMO player feels they are entitled to everything in the world, they are the same ones that would cry as a child because they saw a kid walking down the street with an ice cream and they didn't have one.

I hope that they do make the space thing an expansion. That way I will not feel bad when I decide not to purchase it.

That would be incredible! especially If it doesn't have a level cap increase on it, then I won't have to buy it at all! (I know, some of you guys really like space combat, I'm just not really into star fox). The implication of another paid expansion coming so soon is the only part of this announcement that bothers me, because based on what happened to the level 50 gear after ROTHC came out, I'm really not looking forward to my gear becoming worthless again.

First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion

Yes; anyone that has worked in marketing can tell that this move is to get more players to lv55, so they can sell them the 2nd expansion. I would still put my CC on Spring of 2014.

I came here thinking, "This is going to be so entertaining."

And it will be.

Oh yes. It will be.

Rewarding late adopters and non-adopters to a far greater degree than early adopters ensures the entertainment value of this decision and this thread. :cool:

I shall join you in the lols as Bioware crashes and burns upon the rocky shores of their crafting. *munches popcorn*

I expected this, it's honestly pretty normal. Though I was expecting it to just go down to like $2.99 rather than free. Just like you can buy all 4 previous editions of WoW for $5 total for all of them together. I'm not angry that I bought all those editions for $40 each when they came out. Edited by chuixupu

I feel like the title "The Risen" doesn't even make any sense in the context of what "The Rise of the Hutt Cartel" was. How exactly did our characters become "The Risen" during the story? That must have taken like what 5 minutes to think up? And another 5 to create?

More to the point, the title should be something that more accurately reflects the situation here today. I suggest that they change the free title to "The Sucker", "The Naive", "The Exploited", "The Cash Cow", or "The One Who Should Have Seen It Coming". ;)

I love this post. +10

You got a statue, you got 6 months of entertainment. Is that not what you wanted when you purchased it?

Dude, stop acting entitled to everything under the sun. You paid for the content and you got it, you got 6 months of being entertained. If you weren't entertained you could've left 5 months ago, but it seems like you were since you stayed so I'm going to assume you got what you paid for too.

Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just now getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

P.S How much does EA pay you to troll unhappy customers?

Edited by Darth_Nemisis
Typo

That would be incredible! especially If it doesn't have a level cap increase on it, then I won't have to buy it at all! (I know, some of you guys really like space combat, I'm just not really into star fox). The implication of another paid expansion coming so soon is the only part of this announcement that bothers me, because based on what happened to the level 50 gear after ROTHC came out, I'm really not looking forward to my gear becoming worthless again.

You realize thats the hamster wheel EVERY MMO has right? Vanilla comes out, grab top tier gear etc etc. New expansion comes out, old gear is worthless grab new gear. Rinse, repeat and in Biowares case throw in extremely terrible armor designs while putting better looking stuff on a cash shop.

Also, it would a first, in the MMO world, I think.

But would fit if we think of their expansion model more as DLC/Episodes, rather than WOW $40 bi-annual expansions. That expansion model is very archaic and only MMOs bbasically still bother with it.

Edited by Pietrastor

Seriously?

As a loyal subscriber I do not get the 1050 cartel coins because I supported your game and purchased the expansion at early release?

You can say 'you got your monies worth' but in reality you are saying 'your loyalty means less than pissing off the new player that started in august and picked it up'

Get ready for the next exodus of irritated subscribers moving to free to play.

Seriously?

As a loyal subscriber I do not get the 1050 cartel coins because I supported your game and purchased the expansion at early release?

You can say 'you got your monies worth' but in reality you are saying 'your loyalty means less than pissing off the new player that started in august and picked it up'

Get ready for the next exodus of irritated subscribers moving to free to play.

So basically going by your logic, in a move to gain new subscribers, they have inevitably pissed off the old subscribers and are losing them? :eek:

I've played since beta, been a subscriber 90% of the time since then, and at first I was pissed. I'm still highly annoyed and think a grant of 1050 coins to all subscribers who have it before it goes free would be nice.

A title...is weak.

Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just not getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

You got what you paid for, deal with it. You do think you're entitled whether you're accepting that fact or not. Don't be a child.

EA is avoiding a lawsuit by giving recent purchasers the coins. They can't just sell things to people one day and give it out for free the next. You don't apply to this because you've been a happy customer for the past 6 months apparently.

So basically going by your logic, in a move to gain new subscribers, they have inevitably pissed off the old subscribers and are losing them? :eek:

Gee, I wonder if there's a way they could have both attracted new subscribers and manged to not piss off old, extraordinarily loyal ones. I mean, a way that's not already posted in this thread half a dozen times... :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just not getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

you got 5 months of content for $10, thats $2 a month.

if you're THAT butt hurt about it, i'll trade you 1050 cartel coins for all gear, loot, silver titles story missions lvl 55 characters and everything else you've accumulated from lvl 50+ in the last 5 months....

what's that? you don't want to give me you several lvl 55 characters, your pvp/pve lvl 55 armor sets, have to redo all the story missions again for the characters who've already done them, and give me several million dollars worth of in game money and the stuff you bought with it for a measly 1050 cartel coins? well boo on you >=|

Im not acting entitled to everything under the sun. All im saying is the people getting ready to buy it or got it last month get free coins, and the people " like me" that bought it earlie on get a silly title? The same people that are just now getting the expansion are getting treated better, and will have access to the same content as I do. Your logic is still flawed. Please explain to me why a late comer should get free coins, and a loyal subscriber gets a title and thats it? Makes no sense to me when the same later comers will prob be entertained as well, and for your information, I was bored of this game 6 months ago, and im also pretty tired of their lies and BS. The only reason I even stick around is because I have 350 guild members that enjoy it, and I like hanging around them, so yeah im here for the people, not EA and this bus load of crap. Nice assuption on your part pal

I want to ask you something, truthfully. Why do people think that ANYONE that disagrees with them MUST work for BW/EA? Really? Why do you think this?

You got to enjoy a game you valued the entire time. A few preorder goodies. First dibs at many new challenges. 6+ months access to new content. But yeah, poor you.

As you could have too. But people who just don't bother buying it because they didn't want to, now get it free and those of us who paid for it, well.....

Gee, I wonder if there's a way they could have both attracted new subscribers and manged to not piss off old, extraordinarily loyal ones. I mean, a way that's not already posted in this thread half a dozen times... :rolleyes:

if only they could also do it in a way that's not making them lose several thousand (possibly millions) of dollars aswell, :rolleyes:

nobody's suggested it but maybe giving everybody 1050 cartel coins and then giving people who bought it more then a month ago an extra 150 coins for every month they've already owned the expansion.

Edited by homsikpanda

As you could have too. But people who just don't bother buying it because they didn't want to, now get it free and those of us who paid for it, well.....

Please, find me 10 people that have been playing for 6 months, didn't buy the expansion, and have paid for a subscription. I'd like proof too. Chances are you're just using conjecture to get what you want, which is free stuff.