Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

I can see how u might think people SHOULD be 50 or legacy 6 but the fact is some people have lives that have been here since day one and might not be there yet. I think that they deserve it more than someone who leveled to 50 in a week. As i said award the 50s and high legacy people IN GAME with gear pets etc... NOT by saying here is 15 bucks good job!!!

Then if you cant actively play the game - what makes you think you DESERVE or are ENTITLED to the free month?

6 months is PLENTY of time to get to level50, MUCH LESS legacy6.

My personal push to 50 was approx 144hours (6 days). Lets say youve been subbed for 6 months. 144/6 = 24. Thats 24 hours a MONTH. Lets just say youve got a job, and school/family, meaning you can only play at nights and possibly weekends. 24/4 = 6. 6 hours a week. So, you can break it down to 1hour per night, and STILL be ahead. Or, you could do 2 hours every few nights. Or hey! Maybe 3 hours on sat/sun. And in 6 MONTHS of game youd have ONE level 50.

But I know it cant all work out that way. But what I DO know - is that if you CANNOT afford the TIME to play actively in an MMO - why should you get a free gift compared to others who have put forth a LOT of time in the game?

Those requirements (legacy6 or lvl50) are SMALL. VERY VERY SMALL and EASILY obtainable, even to CASUAL MMO gamers. If you meet the goal - great! If not, no worries.

You arent OUT anything. You havent LOST anything. You arent being FORCED to play this particular way. But by playing your OWN way and doing your OWN thing, you are NOT ENTITLED to free stuff that Big Daddy BioWare distributes out of the goodness of their huge company heart.

If this is still hard to understand, lets put it this way (in this analogy - Jimmy is the casual MMO player that likes to relax and do things at his own pace, and Johnny is the active MMO player that groups and wants to experience new content and is constantly trying to do new things in the game)

Johnny and Jimmy work for a company that gives a base pay + commission.

Jimmy barely meets his goals - sells, but doesnt really sell a lot.

Johnny constantly meets his goals - sells so much, in fact, that he gets commissions and bonus's

Jimmy wont be FIRED for selling the way he wants - but hes not REWARDED either.

Johnny on the other hand, will be rewarded, because thats what the company wants.

I honestly dont think I can make this any clearer. Those who have gotten the free month MAY or MAY NOT DESERVE IT - but NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO IT.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I saw they expanded it AGAIN to include those who have been subbed since the beginning, but for the life of me, I cant find the post.

HOWEVER.

In reality - Legacy lvl6 OR ONE lvl50 isnt hard if youve been subbed for over a month. Heck, Ive been subbed for LESS than one month and I meet BOTH of those reqs.

If that's your gameplay style, no.

I have been subscribed since the pre-launch, and guess what? On one server I have Legacy level 2. On my current server, no legacy at all.

I do, however, have 15 characters, 12 of which are 18 - mid 30s.

So now I have to go back to the other server I haven't been on in 2 months and grind out Legacy 6, or stay on the current server with my highest and grind out a level 50.

Why? That's not what I wanna do. I am an alt-o-holic and enjoy switching back and forth between many chars, or making new ones all the time.

I have been subscribed since the pre-launch, and guess what? On one server I have Legacy level 2. On my current server, no legacy at all.

So now I have to go back to the other server I haven't been on in 2 months and grind out Legacy 6, or stay on the current server with my highest and grind out a level 50.

Why? That's not what I wanna do. I am an alt-o-holic and enjoy switching back and forth between many chars, or making new ones all the time.

Then you dont deserve the free month because you havent actively played through ONE storyline yet. Thats not asking a lot.

Youre an alt-aholic - I get it, I do. I have a few alts myself. But even ONE character at lvl 30 plus alts on a server would probably be enough to get to legacy6.

If you switch around and create new characters here and there, you are DEFINITELY playing YOUR way - which is FINE. Thats the way you want to play, thats FINE and you arent being PUNISHED for it.

But you wont be able to reap the rewards of people who have put time and effort into ONE character or a MULTITUDE of characters. Like I said, I know my /played time for all of my characters and if youve got that many - you arent really focused on what the Legacy system was all about in the first place. And if you arent focused on Legacy, why should you get the free month?

Then you dont deserve the free month because you havent actively played through ONE storyline yet. Thats not asking a lot.

Youre an alt-aholic - I get it, I do. I have a few alts myself. But even ONE character at lvl 30 plus alts on a server would probably be enough to get to legacy6.

If you switch around and create new characters here and there, you are DEFINITELY playing YOUR way - which is FINE. Thats the way you want to play, thats FINE and you arent being PUNISHED for it.

But you wont be able to reap the rewards of people who have put time and effort into ONE character or a MULTITUDE of characters. Like I said, I know my /played time for all of my characters and if youve got that many - you arent really focused on what the Legacy system was all about in the first place. And if you arent focused on Legacy, why should you get the free month?

WHOOSH! You just don't get it. You're trying to defend the indefensible.

Where in freakin' god's name do you get this "deserve"? That makes it seem like the way others play is some kind of work deserving amelioration with reward.

I have a good time playing alts. Hence I am not "done" with the game, unlike others who, apparently, ground out a bunch of 50s then left for god knows where.

The goal has nothing to do with that. Their goal is to get people to come back since apparently this game is flopping a little worse than Champions Online, but not quite as bad as DC Universe Online.

With that in mind, they can't afford to piss anybody off, can they now?

The goal has nothing to do with that. Their goal is to get people to come back since apparently this game is flopping a little worse than Champions Online, but not quite as bad as DC Universe Online.

Youre wrong. Their goal was to promote the use of the Legacy system and to get players actively involved in it. Something which you havent done (by raising a number of alts). By failing to be a part of the legacy subsystem - WHICH ISNT BAD - you dont deserve the free month of game time - TARGETTED SPECIFICALLY TOWARDS THOSE PEOPLE.

The getting people back is something EVERY MMO DOES - and if you unsubbed and resubbed, all you get is the ingame pet, nothing more.

Where in freakin' god's name do you get this "deserve"? That makes it seem like the way others play is some kind of work deserving amelioration with reward.

Thats the whole point - they are rewarding active and concurrent gameplay. They are rewarding people who sat down and put time and effort into ONE CENTRAL IDEA (a character to 50, OR getting Legacy6). You have not done that. Thats all there is to it.

With that in mind, they can't afford to piss anybody off, can they now?

They can do whatever they want to do, because people like me, who arent as easily pissed off about not getting a free whatever for whatever reason, wont stop playing because of it. No, Ill stop playing when I get BORED of the game or when I feel theres nothing left to do.

Edited by Xaeonis

So don't do it. Hell, you can have my free 30 days. You know why?

It's not a big deal.

So don't do it. Hell, you can have my free 30 days. You know why?

It's not a big deal.

But maybe it is a big deal. I have a set budget for entertainment and a free month means allot to me.

Even though I am eligible for the Free Month, I know plenty of others who aren't. The problem here is that the Free Month is being described as a Loyalty reward which is rubbing allot of people the wrong way. I know plenty of people who have not made it to level 50 nor have Legacy 6 and have been actively playing since the head start. These players have several characters in the low teens to high 20s spread out through 3 to 4 servers. If you would add up total played time I guarantee that they have 100s of hours dedicated to this game.

The problem is that they are rewarding game time to folks based on in game accomplishment and not true loyalty. If they want to do loyalty the promotion should grant 30 days free to any active subscriber who has been subscribed to the game since launch. Ironically had the Loyalty bomb never been dropped less folks would be in an uproar. Of course had they listened during Beta and made Legacy active on initial character creation, this wouldn't be an issue either.

Edited by Son_of_Liberty

They are saying a "legacy level 6 account" on the promotion page, but what they really mean is "legacy level on a server" right? I have a level 45 and a level 46 but because they are not on the same server, I do not have a legacy level 6 yet.

I'm assuming that means I don't qualify because I split up my characters on different servers?

Hope I can make 50 with one of them by the deadline, but we'll see.

With the recent change they include some altoholics, but not all, and casuals are still effed in the a. If it was some kind of in game reward I wouldn't care, but it's $15 and the fact that in their eyes I'm not loyal. It really makes me think twice about giving them more money.

I followed this game for years. I played in beta. I was an early game release player. I bought the deluxe addition. I subbed right away. I've been subbed to the game since launch. I have two jobs, college classes, and a girlfriend. I'm a casual player. I only have one level 48 and I do not qualify as being a loyal player or even as one of the new less valuable players. I might just have to give myself a free month by unsubbing.

I just don't get why they don't give a free month to the people who have been subbed since day one.

Edited by JotoSai

WHO HASNT GOTTEN IT AT THIS POINT THAT DESERVES IT?!

Im 100% honestly curious.

What do you have to do in this game to NOT get it?

ONE level 50

OR

Legacy lvl 7

OR

Been subscribed since release.

WHO DOESNT FALL INTO THESE CATEGORIES that plays** the game?

(see my previous post for what constitutes as 'playing')

(EDIT : JUST HAVING AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT COUNT AS 'PLAYING')

Looking at your previous post.

I dont apply but do have what you constitute as "Playing".

Ive got a 6 month subscription still ATM, Ive played since December 13th.

Ive not even got 1 level 50 or Legacy level 7 yet.

BUT

Between all my characters, ive got just over 130 Hours played.

Thats ingame.

So does that not constitute playing to you?

Ive switched servers a few time now due to inactivity on it, friends switching servers etc etc.

Ive enjoyed just messing about with people, helping people do flashpoints.

Hell, the first 5 days i spent talking about the films and different lore with people ingame and was only getting off the starter planet at the end of the week.

In retrospect, ive started AGAIN on a new server, as i bought my Brother the game for his 19th Birthday and started playing with him and a few of his mates on that.

In 2 days ive got a level 28 now.

Not that im moaning, ive already said previously i dont find the aspect of a month free bad.

Ive already admitted it should be Everyone that has had an active subscription since Release, 50s or Certain Legacy Levels.

Either that or BW should admit they are doing this primarily as their "End Game Content" isnt as brilliant as previously hoped for.

Some people are really wow ... They made an offer and still something to complain about. If people didn't reach legacy lvl 6 either they are recent customers so they aren't a "long-time" customer which is the idea of this offer or i don't know ... How can't you reach lvl 6 legacy since the beginning : because even if you had the curiosity of making alts, you didn't even finished the chapter 1 of one class ... That's weird, i don't know you spend your time on the game.

Maybe you have a valuable reason, but when i leveled my guardian i wanted to follow the story as much as possible or at least finish the different chapters.

Their offer is nice, there are few developpers that admit their mistakes and BW should be praised for that. They listen to the community and are making changes suited to customers (hope you will not listen to all the QQ but this one was justified).

Whatever a developper does these days there will always be QQing i think that's not possible to satisfy everybody so sorry but they have to make a choice.

Some people are really wow ... They made an offer and still something to complain about. If people didn't reach legacy lvl 6 either they are recent customers so they aren't a "long-time" customer which is the idea of this offer or i don't know ... How can't you reach lvl 6 legacy since the beginning : because even if you had the curiosity of making alts, you didn't even finished the chapter 1 of one class ... That's weird, i don't know you spend your time on the game.

Maybe you have a valuable reason, but when i leveled my guardian i wanted to follow the story as much as possible or at least finish the different chapters.

Their offer is nice, there are few developpers that admit their mistakes and BW should be praised for that. They listen to the community and are making changes suited to customers (hope you will not listen to all the QQ but this one was justified).

Whatever a developper does these days there will always be QQing i think that's not possible to satisfy everybody so sorry but they have to make a choice.

Lvl 6 legacy on one server.

Ive swapped servers so many times i havent got it yet :p

My friend has Legacy Level 4 on 6 servers, Legacy level 3 on another 4 XD

He plays Alts well too much.

But he wont be applicable to the 30 days free as his current server (The one he is playing with ATM) he has only hit 31 so just gained Legacy...

Is that fair? XD

How about you offer the free month to everyone who has paid for an account since day one. Unlike the rest of the gamers out there I have a job, family, and responsibilities but still want to play the game on my time. I should be able to get a free month as I bought the game day one (Collectors Edition) and have played, when I get a chance, from day one. Don't you think that it should be given to all who have been here since the beginning and no stipulation given on how much we play? Just seems unfair.

How about you offer the free month to everyone who has paid for an account since day one. Unlike the rest of the gamers out there I have a job, family, and responsibilities but still want to play the game on my time. I should be able to get a free month as I bought the game day one (Collectors Edition) and have played, when I get a chance, from day one. Don't you think that it should be given to all who have been here since the beginning and no stipulation given on how much we play? Just seems unfair.

THIS^^^^

Ill say it again: Wrong reward give the reward in game as gear pets etc... If anything this person deserves it more than someone who power levels to 50. Heck i power leveled to 50 in 2 to 3 days over and over in beta. If i just subbed do that in live am i more valued than the poster above me who has been here since day one. NO in my opinion!!!!!!!!

Some of us have busy lives and can't play in every spare moment we have.

Not to mention that each of my characters is on a different server, because each of my characters has a distinct purpose (one server is my guild, another is one with my friends, and another is one that was low population in those initial crazy days) and I didn't realize until yesterday that legacy apparently only applies to characters on one server.

Wrong choice thats why everyone is QQing! Bioware just drop the promotion or apologize cuz the valued customer wording just was wrong!!! and again i have 50s and legacy way above 6 so im not here saying this as some one who didnt get the 30 days. I just dont see how anyone can say that someone who has been here since day one but has a busy life doesnt deserve this!! it boggles the mind!

Group content isn't mandatory though-the rewards can be gotten elsewhere and the storylines do not require them in any way.[snip]

Heroic 4`s and flashpoints are best played in their recommended number... heroic 4 means 4 players, not 3 and a comp, or 2 and 2 comps. Sure, it can be done, but sometimes is lenghtens the process. Same with flashpoints. You can solo at one point, by being high enough level, but there isn`t really a point to it by then.

tl;dr: By mandatory I meant number of players needed, NOT compulsory content.

I didn't "freeload". I paid the same sub as everybody else.paying a sub doesnt qualify you for a bonus I love grouping up and did it more often at the beginning, but now I find the planets are so empty that it's virtually impossible. I have been following my class storyline, completing the quests at the appropriate levels. you would have legacy 6 by now, if you did.

I'm unlikely to get to level 50 in the next few days, although I'll give it a go. ..or legacy 6.. which can mean "A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20" I've tried to find out how to increase my legacy level quickly but the site here isn't very clear, so I don't know if that would be quicker than trying to level up my main character. Either way, it seems I have to play a certain way or else be financially penalised. it means you haven`t actually spent too much time online in the last 4 months, to deserve any praise, or any prize.

No, you've got it the wrong way round. We work (some of us) in exchange for money. we all do.. not a reason. We give money to Bioware in exchange for game time (which allows us play). In my example, my boss would be giving people money but without them having to work (i.e. leave time). Bioware is giving people game time without them having to pay. This boss has given a prize for the employee that worked more. End of story, no matter how you spin it. You work more, you get paid more. You work less.. you don`t get bonuses. Didn`t you say you work? Shouldn`t this be clear to you by now?

None of us are entitled to free game time, but if you're in a minority who don't get it (whilst having paid the same as everybody else), you're likely to feel disgruntled in the same way as if you'd worked as hard as everybody else at work but were in a minority who didn't get a month's paid leave.Be disgruntled when you didn`t get what others got for the same amount of WORK. Time itself is not work... it`s just freeloading

there.. can we be friends now?

Wrong choice thats why everyone is QQing! Bioware just drop the promotion or apologize cuz the valued customer wording just was wrong!!! and again i have 50s and legacy way above 6 so im not here saying this as some one who didnt get the 30 days. I just dont see how anyone can say that someone who has been here since day one but has a busy life doesnt deserve this!! it boggles the mind!

Yes it does. Servers had queues today. LONG queues. They shown red and orange. It is clearly a wrong move and people are unsubscribing and leaving, because they didn`t get the free stuff. We can see it with the naked eye in the Fleet instances.

Edited by Styxx