Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make ALL flashpoints role-neutral!!!!!

Even hard modes... DPS shouldn't have to wait an hour and 30 mins for a Q to pop

No, this is a bad idea. If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).

SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.

This means Group Finder will match the first four players it finds, which translates into drastically shorter queue times, especially for DPS classes.

Unless of course you are a tank or a healer. :(

This does not shorten the queues, it just averages them out, so tanks and healers will no longer get nearly instant queue pops but will have to wait just as long as DPS. Queue times for Czerka SM flashpoints already feel too long when you are used to instant pops.

I hope there will be a Hardmode of this one. And not a class neutral one.

I second this. A harder version of the flashpoint would be great. :)

Edited by Jerba

Make ALL flashpoints role-neutral!!!!!

Even hard modes... DPS shouldn't have to wait an hour and 30 mins for a Q to pop

Now that would be a disaster and one of the few reasons I'd stop playing , as it has been mentioned before, abandoning the holy trinity would create a Guild War 2 like gameplay and the "Flashpoints" in GW 2 suck.

Why do DPS have to wait as long as they have to? And granted it sucks , but it's simple bad DPS (pulling before the tank does, not killing the low mobs first , not giving the tank time to get aggro etc.) leads to annoyed tanks and healers. Bad healers annoy tanks just as much as DPS do therfore tanks tend to cue only for the quests and then they're done instead of doing a couple of extra rounds. It's basicaly a home made problem *shrug*

when does this come out?:rak_02:

On February 4th, a.k.a. in eight days.

Will gear drop in this flashpoint?

From what I have seen, there is only a chance for lvl 53 gear to drop from the final boss. So this flashpoint is more for getting credits and reputation and not for gear.

Edited by Jerba

From what I have seen, there is only a chance for lvl 53 gear to drop from the final boss. So this flashpoint is more for getting credits and reputation and not for gear.

Yea, This seems to be mostly a leveling flashpoint then anything else, though hopefully they add a HM version later

No, this is a bad idea. If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.

Well said m8 well said :)

This is really awesome innovative design from BioWare.

Levelling DPS sux when you can't get a flash[point to pop. This enables higher frequency of pop's as well as making it a fresh(ish) experience each time.

Awesome work! Hope to see more of this in future releases :)

I like the fact that as an Imp you get to fight Pub NPCs and vice versa.

Finally a bit of WAR flavor. Ganking 3rd parties was getting a bit old.

Big thumbs up for that.

I hope this approach also makes it way into Operations. Mechanically wise they can be identical but why not have bosses skinned and voiced differently, as republic/empire generals/war droids etc. etc.

If they converted this game to totally role neutral or implemented cross-server FP queues, I'd be gone. This new FP sounds like an awesome idea for leveling characters and even better as a future HM.