Problems with my Jedi Guardian defensive abilities

JagdCorneliu

I am playing a JG mostly tank and I found some problems with my defensive abilities.

I have a passive skill called Blade turning which should give 100% for the first 2 seconds ( 3 with warleader/ 4 with 2 old 2 new warleader set items ) of Saber Ward , but when I check my defensive stats and activate Saber Ward I only receive 50% for the full duration of the skill.

My second problem is with Warding Call which should reduce all damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds ( 12 with warleader/ 14 with 2 old 2 new warleader set items ) . If I check again my defensive stats and activate Warding Call nothing changes in my damage reduction .

When I activate Focused Defence speced with Commanding awe I do receive 15 % damage reduction which can be seen in my defensive stats , on my shadow when I activate battle readiness speced with Impact control I receive 25% damage reduction and it can be seen in my defensive stats , BUT when I activate Warding Call nothing changes ! The buff is there with 10 / 12 /14 seconds duration but my defensive stats don't change!

Any of you have the same problem ?

I am playing a JG mostly tank and I found some problems with my defensive abilities.

I have a passive skill called Blade turning which should give 100% for the first 2 seconds ( 3 with warleader/ 4 with 2 old 2 new warleader set items ) of Saber Ward , but when I check my defensive stats and activate Saber Ward I only receive 50% for the full duration of the skill.

My second problem is with Warding Call which should reduce all damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds ( 12 with warleader/ 14 with 2 old 2 new warleader set items ) . If I check again my defensive stats and activate Warding Call nothing changes in my damage reduction .

When I activate Focused Defence speced with Commanding awe I do receive 15 % damage reduction which can be seen in my defensive stats , on my shadow when I activate battle readiness speced with Impact control I receive 25% damage reduction and it can be seen in my defensive stats , BUT when I activate Warding Call nothing changes ! The buff is there with 10 / 12 /14 seconds duration but my defensive stats don't change!

Any of you have the same problem ?

No, but if you're tanking, you should NOT be using Focused Defense. In addition to reducing your damage, it also cuts your threat generation off, which is a bad thing as a tank trying to hold aggro.

No, but if you're tanking, you should NOT be using Focused Defense. In addition to reducing your damage, it also cuts your threat generation off, which is a bad thing as a tank trying to hold aggro.

yes and no. What you say is definitely true, but do remember how the taunt mechanics works in this game and also the fact that bosses can't switch target through an attack. It's definitely not advisable unless you know exactly what you're doing BUT it has been used successfully as an additional defensive cooldown without any kind of real side effect.

He's talking about the 15% damage reduction with Focused Defense in Vigilance, not as a tank.

He's talking about the 15% damage reduction with Focused Defense in Vigilance, not as a tank.

Indeed about this I am talking .

About bonus defenisve damage reduction stats showing or not showing dependant on skil.

Some do but some don't as explained in my first post above.