I can't save up more than a quarter of the commendations I'll need?

Banaticus

The new patch notes say that everyone can hold 2,750 warzone commendations and 4,500 ranked warzone commendations. It looks like it'll cost the following to buy a full set of armor:

Battlemaster

10,750 commendations

War Hero

25,575 ranked warzone commendations, 600 warzone commendations

Ranked War Hero

A specific rating for each piece, and a total of 1890 ranked warzone commendations for all pieces

Are these full-set prices correct? No matter how much I PvP before level 50, I can't save up more than about a quarter of the commendations that I'd need to get a full set? It seems like, no matter how much I PvP before level 50, I'm going to be at a distinct disadvantage for quite some time once everyone else starts getting gear with more Expertise on it.

Yup, gear grind sucks but so be it. I think the cap needs to be raised, the amount of comms per match needs to be raised and the item cost for the items needs to be lowered tbh.

I'm sorry but when this game takes longer to get PvP geared than WoW, something's wrong.

<.< Ya know you can send over Belt, Bracers, Helm, Chest, Legs, Boots, Gloves from your main

I haven't tried it, but you can probably even move all but the crystal from a main and offhand via Legacy gear, and you can have someone make a crystal after that. (Might even be a legacy weapon that can move mods over that I just haven't seen.)

So thats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and possible 8 and 9 of 14 pieces you can send from your main. 9/14 is pretty sweet, considering the remainifn 5 pieces you can directly by WH from. I don't have exact totals on me, but earpiece and implants are only like 200 normal and 1400 ranked, and you now get free BM relics.

<.< so you're looking at 12 out of 14 pieces full WH at 50 and 2 BM relics. I think if they allowed you to prepare any more, You'd rip a hole in the fabric of space and time.

careful dooms. using your main to gear an alt is a little easier, but it's exactly the same grind. it requires X amount of reg comms and Y amount of rated comms to get a particular piece of wh gear. it doesn't matter if you grind that gear with your main or the alt when he reaches 50. it still costs the same. it's more about which toon you're putting that time on. it's less painful to grind it on an already geared toon than on a largely recruit geared toon. it's also more expensive (worth it imo). and if you start the grind early enough on your main, you can give a fresh 50 a full 5 piece plus one wh mh/oh. iunno. it's a bit easier, but it's still quite the grind imo.

careful dooms. using your main to gear an alt is a little easier, but it's exactly the same grind. it requires X amount of reg comms and Y amount of rated comms to get a particular piece of wh gear. it doesn't matter if you grind that gear with your main or the alt when he reaches 50. it still costs the same. it's more about which toon you're putting that time on. it's less painful to grind it on an already geared toon than on a largely recruit geared toon. it's also more expensive (worth it imo). and if you start the grind early enough on your main, you can give a fresh 50 a full 5 piece plus one wh mh/oh. iunno. it's a bit easier, but it's still quite the grind imo.

=P No worries Foxy, I understand that completely. Still, it is prep work you can do for a new toon before they hit 50 (and I'd wager the most "painful" part of the grind is recruit to Full BM)

Of course not everyone has a main, but I simply find it funny to complain about how much you can save pre 50, when my first 3 toons not only did the centurion/champion grind (where you couldn't save up comms) they've also had to do the recruit to BM (partly) grind without any comms saved thanks to 1.2 changes. In the games current state, the amount you can do to prep your new 50 is 500% better than it was.

Now if the argument is length of gear/grind/etc... that's got nothing to do with prep time. Preparing on your main vs. preparing pre-50 is pretty much the same. As for newcomers without a main.... =P well they're still better off then when most of us started.

Yup, gear grind sucks but so be it. I think the cap needs to be raised, the amount of comms per match needs to be raised and the item cost for the items needs to be lowered tbh.

I'm sorry but when this game takes longer to get PvP geared than WoW, something's wrong.

something is also wrong when my brother (who still plays WoW) hits 85, and is already geared to do the Deathwing raid. Im all for making PvP gear a little cheaper, but lets avoid stuff like that, eh? :rolleyes:

it's easier to grind comms on a toon that is already WH.

I laughed at this.....

I wonder what the OP would have thought of grinding Champ and BM bags.

lol

Back in the old days...

- People were allowed to hit kids

- School was a priviledge

- You had to walk OVER 9000 miles to get to school

etc.

The amount of comms you get to save up pre-50 is fine.

BW just needs to change the valor cap (so it doesn't follow char level)

put a hard cap on Valor pre-50 (Then you can get rank 50 valor in the lowbies quite early)

When you hit valor 40, you get to buy (not equip, just buy) BM stuff.

something is also wrong when my brother (who still plays WoW) hits 85, and is already geared to do the Deathwing raid. Im all for making PvP gear a little cheaper, but lets avoid stuff like that, eh? :rolleyes:

Nobody cares about PvE. Don't even know why you thought that was a good comparison.

The new patch notes say that everyone can hold 2,750 warzone commendations and 4,500 ranked warzone commendations. It looks like it'll cost the following to buy a full set of armor:

Battlemaster

10,750 commendations

War Hero

25,575 ranked warzone commendations, 600 warzone commendations

Ranked War Hero

A specific rating for each piece, and a total of 1890 ranked warzone commendations for all pieces

Are these full-set prices correct? No matter how much I PvP before level 50, I can't save up more than about a quarter of the commendations that I'd need to get a full set? It seems like, no matter how much I PvP before level 50, I'm going to be at a distinct disadvantage for quite some time once everyone else starts getting gear with more Expertise on it.

Prior to yesterday, the limits were 2k for regular warzone commendations and 3.5k for ranked.

When you hit 50, you will also get a turn-in mission from the PVP terminal that gives you a full set of Recruit Mk-2 gear, which apparently includes 2 Battlemaster relics. With the new limits, you could buy both the War Hero mainhand and offhands (2k each), and probably the Battlemaster boots, gloves and legs to get a 2-piece bonus. This still leaves 25 ranked and 1000 unranked commendations -- I would recommend you complete the 4-piece bonus by getting Battlemaster helmet next. (The War Hero relics are also awesome, and in many cases are better than the best PVE ones you can get).

(For some classes, it won't ever be worth getting the Battlemaster or War Hero chest, belt or bracer, because you can get better results by using the armoring, mod and enhancement from an offhand, and putting them into an orange chest/belt/bracer).

Finally, the "rated war hero" set is only orange shells, and don't add any stat advantage whatsoever -- they are not part of the gear progression.

So, while you cannot save up everything you need to be fully geared at 50 just in the process of levelling to 50, you can be an awful lot more competitive than many people that had to do this during 1.2 or 1.3.

Edited by Ancaglon

Is this really right? I'm pretty sure that, while you can convert WZ comms to Ranked WZ comms at Valor 40, you can't actually BUY any of the level 50 gear till you actually hit Level 50.

(If that's changed yesterday, my currently-42 Vanguard is going to be ridiculously well geared even before she enters her first level 50 warzone).

Edited by Ancaglon

Simple fix is to allow you to trade WH comms back for BM comms in a way that gives you what you paid for them. 3 BM comms per 1 WH. Right now; that is what it is to pay for WH comms, but you get just 1 to 1 if you trade it back in.

If you got 3 BM comms for 1 wh, you could get full BM at 50 I think.

Is this really right? I'm pretty sure that, while you can convert WZ comms to Ranked WZ comms at Valor 40, you can't actually BUY any of the level 50 gear till you actually hit Level 50.

(If that's changed yesterday, my currently-42 Vanguard is going to be ridiculously well geared even before she enters her first level 50 warzone).

It's wishful thiking tbh. It is not implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really think it's fair that 1-49 warzones are basically "fair", but then suddenly you get to level 50 warzones and you're suddenly just have to live with getting ***** for a while before you can finally get enough commendations to buy "equal" gear. If I PvP like crazy from 1-49, I should be able to just jump in at 50 and go to town.

<.< Ya know you can send over Belt, Bracers, Helm, Chest, Legs, Boots, Gloves from your main

I haven't tried it, but you can probably even move all but the crystal from a main and offhand via Legacy gear, and you can have someone make a crystal after that. (Might even be a legacy weapon that can move mods over that I just haven't seen.)

So thats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and possible 8 and 9 of 14 pieces you can send from your main. 9/14 is pretty sweet, considering the remainifn 5 pieces you can directly by WH from. I don't have exact totals on me, but earpiece and implants are only like 200 normal and 1400 ranked, and you now get free BM relics.

<.< so you're looking at 12 out of 14 pieces full WH at 50 and 2 BM relics. I think if they allowed you to prepare any more, You'd rip a hole in the fabric of space and time.

Yes there are legacy weapons, the bowcasters from the last event.

And for those of us who only have one character that isn't yet 50, we can transfer over 0/14 pieces. So we still get to live with getting ***** for a good while until we can finally, finally get enough commendations (what with the cap) to buy "equal" gear.

it's easier to grind comms on a toon that is already WH.

Somewhat. But it does give you something to do with all the comms you earn if you're already geared. You're potentially getting daily/weekly quest rewards on any you already have at 50.

I sent 5 pieces of Sand People gear with WH mods to my noob JG.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Back in the old days...

- People were allowed to hit kids

- School was a priviledge

- You had to walk OVER 9000 miles to get to school

etc.

The amount of comms you get to save up pre-50 is fine.

BW just needs to change the valor cap (so it doesn't follow char level)

put a hard cap on Valor pre-50 (Then you can get rank 50 valor in the lowbies quite early)

You're not allowed to hit kids anymore?