Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Don't buy it - if that had been the plan, Gabe would have said something - not, we're leaving it open for people to keep doing what they are doing.

I genuinely hope enough subs are lost for you people to get your heads out of your posteriors.

Sadly - I'm done with this. Not playing a game where exploiting is encouraged by the team running it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone,

We are currently aware of potential issues regarding Ilum PVP, Gabe Amatangelo has posted regarding the issue. We are closing this thread at this time, petitions are prohibited on our forums.

At this time we ask that you discuss this topic in this thread: Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues. We ask that you use the thread to continue this discussion and visit the thread for additional updates. Joveth Gonzalez has also posted regarding this in the same thread.

at least we know there are trying to read this forum mess lol you can close a petitioner you cant take his money :) btw this was a offical post with out the option to quote

Can you say damage control. Devs are non existent in the forums, but the customer service teams will be working overtime to delete and close threads.

I am enraged right now.

Also on the verge on unsubbing.

Give us that rollback or you lost 75 % of your clients. If there are any business analysts or financial advisers in that company, please tell them to wake up.

Why be on the verge? Unsub for a while. Send the message.

If they fix it, you can always resub.

If they keep giving us this 'lip service' and poor quality, you will have saved yourself spending your money rewarding their poor work.

Ilum bases

As ive stated in other posts the main issues with these bases is lack of defenses.

The bases need the following things implented

1. The bases need lot more gaurds and wall turrets. I say this b/c as were seeing really now more then ever that the opposite side can sit in the other sides base.

2. The bases need to be more deeper like the main bases when u land on ilum. They need to be closed off and have 1 entrance in/out

3. Thier needs to be a base boss to kill thats 80 to 100k deep inside of the base. This boss needs to have the highest chance of getting pvp gear/champion bags and even armor pieces in themselves. I base this on how easy it is to take the bases currently. Shooting a rocket and camping the repair box is just not doing. Theres needs to be a raid to go into the base and strategically kill a base boss on top of taking the turrets. This would make for better pvp and more people organizing to fight for an objective

So heres how the base take over should be

1. use rocket launcher kill turrets

2. Fight your way inside the base (should be lots of door gaurds and droids/turrets to fight your way through.

3. Kill the base boss thats a 80-100k deep inside the base then cap the base.

4. Loot boss or chest (This boss must have the highest drop rate for champion bags/commendations and even gear itself)

4. The repair box for the turrets needs to be inside the base why this is outside? I do not know. This makes for harder and a better experience to take the turrets out. Anyone can go shoot a rocket launcher up there and camp the repair box.

5. We need to have healers be able to heal please remove -30 healing

6. We need to have more functional/more useful manable gun turrets

7. Faction imbalance im going to be honest gabe your gonna need to open rvr and other servers ability to come and go to have functional pvp on any server. This issue cannot be adressed with same faction vs same faction. Really need to get this rvr and cross server pvp going

8. Raid assist we cant do much in a raid with no raid assist. Ive complained about this issue in beta. If you want to form a community and have organized groups fighting we need a raid assist badly

These ideas imho would go a long way in ilum i know theres going to be lag and fps issues and theyve stated there working on them.

To gabe i hope you read and consider these ideas. I think this would really improve things if one side could actually defend thier base and putting a base boss would create more raiding and better fun for all.

Please post constructive ideas ill admit like a lot of people im getting very frustrated and i want this to succeed for us all both sides.

I like this guy :D He doesn't just scream "unsub" without even reading the first post, he actually posts solutions ^_^

You all should be more like this guy :)

So the republic that went to Ilum today... were you there to try and stop people for farming valor at a rediculous rate? Oh wait you were there to abuse the system too. I didn't go to Ilum today because I am not a 12 year old child who can't earn valor by actually PvPing. LOL at the republic claiming this is all one sided. BTW, I wonder how much valor people would have earned had the republic or the imperials had not gone to Ilum, TO ABUSE THE FAULT IN THE SYSTEM.

If you rollback the valor I earned today by actually playing in WZs I will unsub as well. I agree they should have taken the servers down but I hope the rest of you imperial or republic get banned for cheating.

Call it Star Wars: The Old Empire

Might as well because the 20% who play Republic are really angry. Myself being one of them. You are already making it harder to play Republic by not rolling back the majority of Sith who exploited this due to sheer numbers.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

Why wasn't this done 12 or so hours ago? As it is on my server, the Imps outgear Republic before this patch and this just exacerbates the situation even further. A large part of the anger behind the patch was due to the disparity in PvP between the two factions already (with one side being MUCH easier to gain PvP gear than the other) due to one faction outnumbering the other immensely, which the patch was supposedly going to address but actually did the opposite.

Is there going to be any rollback or someway to compensate for the valor gained by the Imperials from today? I know of atleast one character that purposely sat and respawned to give everyone camping as many points as possible. I've already suffered weeks of PvP against fully geared Sith as a level 30-40+ only to hit 50 recently and still suffer with no PvP gear vs fully geared Sith (except now with no lowbies to pick on). There have been many suggestions on how to fix the problem, but when you only win 10% in solo queue and don't have the time to complete dailies while equally ungeared characters can win 3 straight without doing anything on the other side, it makes dailies pointless as well. I understand time invested should be rewarded, but with the current way things are going, Republic PvP on my server will be dead within weeks. I know the "statistics" released showed approximately even scoring wins/loss between the factions overall, but unless you address the disparity within each server, most of this gaming community will just quit.

The problem is there is a lack of dialogue with the devs on whether they are even addressing this issue (or even see it as one) which leaves most of the community fuming and even angrier when bugs like this patch come to fruition. Please build up a better rapport within the community or I'm afraid this community may bail from this game faster than APB sank.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Glad they're taking action to either reset the abused characters valor or possibly ban them. Being empire myself I was tempted to go and get some easy valor, but felt somewhat cheated out of the fun of doing it myself. I'm glad I didnt take part in this.

Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.

^ Abused the valor gains on Ilum today.

Hi everyone,

like you guys did the with people who duped money? These cats will keep their valor and get a 5 day suspension. Might be good for them to get out of the basement awhile then have fun with their gear when they get back.

Perfect Scenario = Roll back all valor gained in Ilum, but keep WZ valor gained today

"I'm Ok with it" Scenario = Roll back ALL valor gained today

"Not happy but still subbed" Scenario = Roll Back EVERYTHING done today

I'm Unsubbing Scenario = No Roll back whatsoever.

I am enraged right now.

Also on the verge on unsubbing.

Give us that rollback or you lost 75 % of your clients. If there are any business analysts or financial advisers in that company, please tell them to wake up.

lol i understand you are upset, but making up numbers and threatening to threaten to cancel your sub is not really going to help. They have said that they are looking into the exploit and how to deal with it. that should be enough i think.

Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi everyone,

Im sorry but your going to take action were necessary were players from both faction took part in open world pvp and gain valor as stated by the devs working as intended becuse of a bunch of cry babies on the forums will thats just not right either.

How quickly has eveyone forgot how alot of the credit dupers got away with making millions ingame and not a thing done about it, yet because people actually fought in open world pvp and gained valour at a bigger rate that the wz's posse then they have to be punished horse dung!!!

Why do a Valor reset? The Devs just stated there is no Valor gained from the turrets like all the stupid trolls were saying and there are diminishing returns on killing the players. So with that said I seriously doubt the amount of Valor gained from some of these "BS" trolling posts.

I would need to see some actual pics that clearly define their valor gained cause after this "BS" storm of post saying crap that wasn't true like "I got my level 20 alt Battlemaster in a couple hours today".

Fact is people way over reacted today and did so to a bunch of trolls making crap up. Since this is truly the case then I don't think any longer the Devs need to do a rollback.

In short you think that valor gained by 80+ imp spawn killing 20 republic is legit?

I'm sorry who was the troll?

No rollback? Seriously!?

As a Jedi Guardian I not only have to work 10x harder (because I have a ****** class) to get to rank 50, yet Imps (who already have it easy) have gone from rank 40 to 55 in under an hour. It's a joke.

It's like my luck couldn't get any worse. The past 18 pvp bags gave me no epics, then I got an epic (bracers which I already owned) then went another 10 bags with nothing, then finally an epic (again -- bracers that I already owned). And now next time I log I have to put up with Battlemaster operatives 1 shotting me?

It's like.. Why should I even bother. It's not as if I'm enjoying the gameplay -- I have a GTX 580 and i7-960 at 3.2ghz yet I get 15-25 FPS in warzones.

Honestly, where are you Guild Wars 2?

I just cant fathom why you are all so mad about there being no valor rollback. If you all are really battlemasters which I GUARANTEE 9/10 of you that are saying you are really aren't. why do you care? You did it the hard way they did it the easy way...GET OVER IT stop complaining. They even said that killing the turrets didn't give valor. I was rank 57 before this all started I'm rank 58 now I went in did my daily/weekly and left I DONT CARE THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE RANK 64 I REALLY DONT. So get over it grow a pair of balls and stop your un-needed complaining over biowares FIRST OVER CONTENT PATCH ON A BRAND NEW MMO

If people actually thought and behaved that way, there would be no MMO genre.

Actually, you can. Rift made it so that you couldn't pick a faction if the population was unbalanced.

And make it so your playerbase can't play which ever half that they would like when they choose? It'd be one thing if it was purely cosmetic (Lets face it, there really isnt much of a difference in class story on WOW), but in a game like this where the stories are vastly different? I would pay to see the rage then....

Why be on the verge? Unsub for a while. Send the message.

If they fix it, you can always resub.

If they keep giving us this 'lip service' and poor quality, you will have saved yourself spending your money rewarding their poor work.

Much like the trolls giving lip service and spreading untrue rumors or saying they are unsubbing.

Which is more legitimate? Cause apparently a player can say something and hundreds of people will believe them without trying it themself, but a developer can say the opposite and people will say "I want proof" :p

Hi everyone,

Oh wait, so now it's the individuals' fault? You may take action against individuals for playing the game the way you made it?

You're not only not accepting blame, not acknowledging the real issue and not committing to any action, you're also trying to shift blame away from yourselves and onto your player base?

Pathetic.