1 mio. credits for HK-51 per. character is unfair.

Inzuher

@ Scovina. we cardinally disagree then. because NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.

what you are advocating is this elitist attitude of "you must have no life to "earn" the perks" that only people who play hours upon hours every day deserve access to a companion for their alts. no. just no.

So by your logic just because other legacy perks are lower then this one has to be lower too. And no it isn't an elitist attitude. I just prefer to put my time in and not cry about everything I can't have. That is life for you. Do you have this attitude about everything in your life? Guess what you subscribe so if you get him one time eventually you will be able to get him no matter what! You don't even have to change what you're doing just keep your sub! And you reinforce my point from before about why he shouldn't cost a 1 mil global unlock, but be more, by saying "and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO" so thanks for agreeing with me. :D With that statement you admit he is more valuable and logically should cost more!

Edited by Scovina

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh. its not free. its a minimum of 150,000 credits for the part you need. more over - it also means that you cannot use him on your alts.

@ Scovina. we cardinally disagree then. because NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.

what you are advocating is this elitist attitude of "you must have no life to "earn" the perks" that only people who play hours upon hours every day deserve access to a companion for their alts. no. just no.

@ Monoth. YOU don't see the point. YOU. but YOU are not the one who is playing other people's game. YOU don't get to decide what they do or do not enjoy. maybe. just maybe. I'd like to have a companion with me that doesn't double the spec I want to play. maybe just maybe, I'm tired of the companion who like Morrigan disapproves of most dialogue choices, mouths off constantly, yet is my only option for the entire chapter. and maybe just because i like him and want him along. you not seeing the point, doesn't make preferences of others any less valid. as of right now? this much advertised companion is basically useless.

Well YOU don't get to decide what content Bioware offers or how they offer it. YOU do get to choose if you play the game or not or how you will play the game with the options Bioware gives you.

"" I want my HK-51 on my alts NOW and don't make me work for it ""..... QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

"" I only play 2 hours a month so Bioware needs to design the game to cater to me "" QQ QQ QQ QQ

Ya i know your point.... :rolleyes:

Anyone with a level 50 is more than capable of earning 150k+ credits an hour. Even a part time player can give an alt an HK a week. HK is optional. You do not need him. If you can't afford a million credits in a game that showers us all with credits, you may need to develop a savings plan.

I suggest the following:

1) Quit buying gear as you level. It is unnecessary.

2) Only have level 1 speeder piloting. Faster is nice, but unnecessary.

3) Worry about modded armor at 50. Removing mods is an unnecessary expense. You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares

4) Roll alts with nothing but gathering skills. Sell stacks as you complete them. GREAT money as you level up, especially from Bioanalysis and Scavenging. Critters and droids are all over the place. If you take slicing as a third, that's just money all over the place for doing nothing.

5) Run your daily random HM (with daily quest), do weekly (3 HMs)... more easy money.

6) If you MUST have moddable gear on low level alts, do the daily heroics on whichever planet they are on with your higher level characters (50 preferred). Not only do you make money from drops, vendor trash, and heroic quest reward, you get the comms that can then be used to buy the armorings, mods, and enhancements you can then send to your alt. No need to buy them off GTN. Make money AND save money. Also, that frees up the level appropriate toon from having to buy anything except off the gear comm vendor for looks or companions.

7) Do your dailies. You don't even have to do them all, if you don't want to. It's still easy money. 285k+ each day. If you have a lot of daily commendations with no use for them, buy Rakata implants and sell on GTN. More easy money.

8) There are some Hoth Heroics that yield a TON of credits with great loot potential from champion mobs. None take more than a half-hour. Great diversion for when you're sick of dailies.

9) It's easy to out level content without doing space or warzones. I usually hit 50 before starting Voss bonus series. That generally leaves me some of Voss, Voss bonus series, Hoth bonus series, and all of Corellia to make money: around 650k credits by the end of it... just for those.

.... none of the above steps take crafting, reverse engineering, procs, or any luck that you'll unlock some purple schematic. No need for hours of grinding the same spot or mindlessly pointing/clicking or checking back to see if you're inventory is full of crafted crap. With the exception of slicing missions (if you choose to do them), there's no need for credits spent sending companions out.

Training, repair, and travel costs. That's it.

If you are a sly crafter, know your market, have access to schems that people want... that's just mo' money for you. I don't craft, so I earn credits by doing what I enjoy. I know people who hate crafting but do it for the credits. I don't believe in doing something in a video game I don't find fun.. but that's just me.

sigh. its not free. its a minimum of 150,000 credits for the part you need.

This just means for ability to use him since lvl 1 you have to pay only 850k, since 150k is his 'basic' cost.

NO OTHER LEGACY UNLOCK comes even close to costing this much. most of them cost about this much or less PER LEGACY. and those other unlocks are a lot less useful IMO.

No other unlock gives you companion. And if this one is much more usefull, even more reason for higher price

You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares

That part isn't true. Looking cool on the Imperial side is the bees knees! :rak_03:

However jokes aside all the points you suggest and make are words to live by in any mmo you play.

I see so many people buy all kinds of crap gear that is unnecessary or spend money on things they shouldn't and then wonder why they don't have enough to go around. Well First rule in any mmo is level one guy to the max right away and max some skills. It may be a bit tedious yes but that is how you will fund everything you want to do on all your alts. Eventually you will have a few characters making money for you and then you will be able to buy all kinds of stupid little perks, pets, speeders, gear and cosmetic upgrades.

Edited by Scovina

You don't have to have your character look "cool" just to level. Nobody cares

Are you the guy at EA that designed the can opener man armor and bull horns and shoulder pads 6 feet long and the guy that thought we don't need our own armor dye choices?

Speak for yourself, I want to look whatever kind of cool I want to look at all stages of the game.

Yes and so what? So you can have him stand on your ship with the other companions you never use when hitting 50?

God, we want to level with him, but how can we do that when we need to pay money or freaking 1 million credits for every alt?

It bloody ruins it!

I read you man. To me it sounds like something sucked the fun out the game for you. If youre playing a game and not having fun heh do what i did last night. Only 15 days left on the sub and not interested in f2p.

Drop your concern in the forum, direct it at the devs (not at the know it alls) then stay and wait or go and wait.

I stopped reading at the title. No, it isn't unfair.

Perhaps you shouldn't stop reading at the title, and actually listen to the reasons for the concern... The laziness of this forum never stops to amaze me, in these 3 pages alone people keep writing something that displays that they havn't read the thread...

well i can get to 100k creds by lvl 18 generally just from pvp.. so 1 mil creds at 50 is nothing at all if you work for it you could easily get it in less than a day so hey ho get to the grinding. i personally think 1 mil per character is reasonable for hk 51 (although 47 would be better but everyone knows theres only one 47)

Perhaps you shouldn't stop reading at the title, and actually listen to the reasons for the concern... The laziness of this forum never stops to amaze me, in these 3 pages alone people keep writing something that displays that they havn't read the thread...

You have a 50. Do dailies for a few days. New droid on your alt. It isn't a big deal.

well i can get to 100k creds by lvl 18 generally just from pvp.. so 1 mil creds at 50 is nothing at all if you work for it you could easily get it in less than a day so hey ho get to the grinding. i personally think 1 mil per character is reasonable for hk 51 (although 47 would be better but everyone knows theres only one 47)

So what you're saying is that you want to spend all of your game time farming credits, so that you can get a companion which you've already invested hours and hours of gameplay to acuire? All the hours it took to get to 50, all the hours to get a different factions up and the approximately 6 hours it took to unlock HK?

Why`?...

You have a 50. Do dailies for a few days. New droid on your alt. It isn't a big deal.

Interesting how better knowing people can be on forums.... You know some people don't have all that much game time and would rather not have to farm HOUR after HOUR, for something which they've already farmed for hours to gain.

Edited by Inzuher

The quest is a level 50 quest. BioWare is allowing you to not only access this level 50 content at a lower level, but also skip the entirety of the quest chain on the characters for which this unlock is purchased. I have no problem with that.

It doesn't matter what they charge to usurp the regular quest to acquire him, so long as there is, in fact, a quest to acquire him. The unfortunate part of the HK-51 quest is that there's no way to get him without spending cartel coins to unlock the quest chain in the first place. I hate being nickel'd and dime'd, and I abhore these relatively tiny additions to the game that they still see fit to charge us for (this applies to single player games with "Day 1 Downloads", as well *Looks at BioWare*.)

Small content updates like that used to come included in the monthly fee which subscribers pay. But then, we used to have an understanding with developers that our monthly sub paid for access to all of the game, not just "most" of it. BioWare doesn't offer subs full access, they offer us Full™ access.

-Macheath.

I agree 1 million is too much for each character. 1 million as a global unlock seems to much make much more sense to me. It too heavily discourages using HK while levelling which is when a companion character is of the most interest/use. Edited by Desolatos

Interesting how better knowing people can be on forums.... You know some people don't have all that much game time and would rather not have to farm HOUR after HOUR, for something which they've already farmed for hours to gain.

Then you don't get the damn droid. Just be glad they gave us a way to unlock the thing without having to do the quest line all over. I swear some people just can't be happy to play a game they have to whine incessantly about it. If you aren't happy then you make a petition, get signatures and send it to Bioware or EA otherwise little will be done about it.

350 CC is nothing people. Sure you dont want to work for the Mil Creds, okay so pony up for the CC and do what you got to do... or be a paid member you will get enough to unlock him for three characters every two months. In like 7 months you can have all your characters with the HK of your dreams...

Or dish up $40 and have it now... Experience, Speed, Price: Pick any TWO!

Wait... you're saying that you expect people to wait more than six months or spend the pricd of an entire other game" and it's reasonable? On top of already subscribing? For one piece of content? Umm, no sir. This price is borked. The entire price should be waived for subscribers.

It's not shoking or even surprising though. All of the prices on cartel and legacy stuff are way too high.

1 Mil is nothing tbh, you can get alot og money now from many resources!

I was thinking the same! 1 Mill creds is not much. I suggest if the OP wants to complain about 1 mill then maybe he should look at running all his toons through the HK-51 Quest line. That ways he won't have to worry about spending the 1 mill.

The only other thing I can say to the OP is....well "oh please!.....whatever!". I had thought of several other things I could say...but well the GM's could take offense.

I was thinking the same! 1 Mill creds is not much. I suggest if the OP wants to complain about 1 mill then maybe he should look at running all his toons through the HK-51 Quest line. That ways he won't have to worry about spending the 1 mill.

The only other thing I can say to the OP is....well "oh please!.....whatever!". I had thought of several other things I could say...but well the GM's could take offense.

Yeah, if you play for 70+ hours a week. For those of us with lives and jobs, it is a lot. Make no mistake though. We are NOT talking about 1 million credits. We are talking about 8-12 million credits.

P.S. If it's not much, why don't you start mailing us all 12 million credits? It's not a lot.

Edited by Darth_Vampirius