A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally support the idea, but until the client can handle waiting for data on a separate process, this game will never, ever have large scale PvP.

The client simply can't do it...yet.

I also do not support the lessening of rewards from WZs. Some people like WZs. Don't take that away from them. Just because you prefer Open world system doesn't mean everyone does.

Edited by Arkerus

im not much of an open world pvp person, and I do love small scale warzone pvp. However, I do support the idea of this.

Very well thought out and a lot of hard work put in. Finally a very constructive post trying to improve the game instead of demanding nerfs to classes.

Well done sir.

/sign

I'm not much of a person for the current warzones as they are now with time limits. I'm more of the open world battleground type where battles last days or weeks to complete one match. One thing to add about your bases though is that you have to purchase upgrades to make them stronger. Though there will need to be some sort of supply system integrated in with it so you couldn't just buy all of the upgrades at one instant. You'll have to wait for the base to get enough supplies to finish the build processes. Once the base is fully upgraded you have to option of purchasing (building) a Med Center / Shuttle reinforcement drop off point.

Another thing is they'll probably have to create Battle-Fleet Groups to combine several servers republic and imperial factions on the same map to enable Server-Versus-Server battles. Be kind of weird to see both factions on one side fighting another server. Think it strictly needs to be Republic versus Imperial only.