Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

JovethGonzalez

I was hoping this would happen. Frankly, I only need three each on my Vanguard and Powertech tanks. Did the two quickslot restriction also count the companion quickslot bar?

No it didn't. And yes, I'm glad they went with this. Honestly I expected them to offer three, not four. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i still believe that selling UI elements is absurd and greedy, i have to give credit to the decision makers because this action is on the right track. I hope that they ll do the same to F2Ps and soon, it will benefit the game in the long run.

This good decision might calm the internet negativity a bit but i wonder why ,and after all this feedback against the mentioned restriction, they did this any way? They might have gained some dollars out of it but all this bad publicity created by this surely cost them more that what they gained from.

Again, good call EA/Bioware, only few things are left to do now.

While i still believe that selling UI elements is absurd and greedy, i have to give credit to the decision makers because this action is on the right track. I hope that they ll do the same to F2Ps and soon, it will benefit the game in the long run.

This good decision might calm the internet negativity a bit but i wonder why ,and after all this feedback against the mentioned restriction, they did this any way? They might have gained some dollars out of it but all this bad publicity created by this surely cost them more that what they gained from.

Again, good call EA/Bioware, only few things are left to do now.

Not a chance, it will, in fact probably make it worse. Since BW/EA made this change, they will assume if they yell even louder or more rabidly they will get even more concessions.

Very good news but a bit late for the other websites unless as someone else pointed out you let them know or we let them know :). The credit cap is fine atm as it is obviously testing what people trade with cash and items and yeah good on you BioWare .

Cheers,

BadOrb.

*kinda stumped about what to do with those 2 extra quickbar unlocks purchased yesterday since i only needed 4 on my other account :(

also purchased 2 quickbar unlocks on this account in case i hafta switch back to f2p. haven't used them yet but i'm not sure if those can be refunded.... maybe sell them to an f2p player for some in-game credits or ask for a refund

Awsum change though.

Edited by GARhenus

Guys....great move.

Although I would have preferred you did this before launch of F2P, this is a fantastic move. I think this will remove the single biggest complaint about the F2P model as I have seen it around the net.

There are others, but this was the big one.

Good job Bioware.

It's good to see you are saying listening to the players, Bioware. But why didn't you listen to the test server testers that told you that and ensured you'd patch in four quickbars for preferred status players? At least you're making amends.

I won't be really convinced that you do listen to the players, however, until you announce that long-requested features like chat bubbles (including a toggle option) (have been requested and promised by Bioware representatives to be "top priority" and added "soon" over and over again for almost a year now!) to be finally patched into the game for everyone to use! It's perhaps the oldest gripe there is with this game, with many current and also new and returning players being repelled by the lack of chat bubbles and I've seen many a player that gave the game another chance for free to play leave it again because this essential communications feature is missing.

Edited by Cave

This is a HUGE move imo. This F2P model is by far the most restrictive I've ever seen, but really the 2 quickbars was the only thing that really hurt it. Now anyone that does anything aside from quest can breath a little easier.

I doubt this will hurt them on the $$$ since lottery boxes are going to be 80-90% of their earnings in my estimation. I just hope they don't end up like STO and neglect content for new interesting lottery boxes. I enjoy the thrill of a pakc from the cartel store every now and then, but I don't want those packs to be the only real source of new content for me.

A very wise choice. Only having two quickbars is a hindrance from level 20-something onwards, and detrimental to players' gameplay experience, so it won't get people to play. Now, making any purchase also gives you two quickbars, which is good. It makes you want to spend, instead of not want to play.

Also, as a suscriber, this doesn't detract from my experience at all, so I think it's a very good step forward.

At least they are showing some form of intelligence and making changes accordingly. Probably only after testing the waters and seeing EA's greed driving former sub players away. Still, even proper f2p players deserve 4 quickbars.. charge people for good content worth paying for not basic features like quickbars.. maybe they'll realize this sometime in the new year when they fail to make a sustainable amount of money from the current restrictions.