Co-op dialogue

Poucks

Hey all

I have a question for y'all.

My friend and I just started 2 Jedi's. Both Jedi Knights, bu I am a Jedi Guardian and my friend a Jedi Sentinal. We used to have 2 Sith inquisitors where I was the assasin and my friend the other class.

When we were Siths, we did almost all our dialogues together. There would be a roll for every choice we made and the one with the highest roll would win that dialogue. I LOVED it that way!

So I was thinking: Why not do the same with Jedi's? So we both mady Jedi Knights and we are lvl 15 by now and we can't do any dialogue together? Nothing is joined, we have to do everything seperately. I don't like it this way. The only thing we can to together is kill the monsters along the way.

How can we make it that we can join dialogues again? Or what are the conditions we have to be in to be able to join in each other phases and conversations?

Can you help us out please?

Open up the Preferences panel (Esc to get the system menu, then click Preferences), and go to the "Social" section. In that section, you'll find an option "Allow access to Same Class/Personal Phases". Both of you must turn it on.

EDIT: it may well be per-character, which is why your Inquisitors didn't have the problem, but your Knights do.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Open up the Preferences panel (Esc to get the system menu, then click Preferences), and go to the "Social" section. In that section, you'll find an option "Allow access to Same Class/Personal Phases". Both of you must turn it on.

EDIT: it may well be per-character, which is why your Inquisitors didn't have the problem, but your Knights do.

We already put on the “allow acces to same class/ personal phases, but then we can help each other in one phase, but we can’t participate in the other persons dialogue. Plus, the second party has to do it over, because nothing was registered for the second person...

It wasn’t like that with the Siths... We both were Inquisitors, but different classes. Now, we are both Jedi Knights, but different classes too. There is nothing different, only the one side is Republik and the other the Imperial.

I still don’t get it... What are the requirements for us to be able to have our dialogues and quests together, without having to do everything twice?

We already put on the “allow acces to same class/ personal phases, but then we can help each other in one phase, but we can’t participate in the other persons dialogue. Plus, the second party has to do it over, because nothing was registered for the second person.

That's how its supposed to work in the class phases, you can't tell a personal story for two characters at the same time. In the planetary story phases you have co-op dialogue, but not in the class phases.

It wasn’t like that with the Siths... We both were Inquisitors, but different classes.

How did this even work? For the Inquisitor it makes even less sense. Two knights or warriors could work together as a team, but the Inquisitor is the most personal story in the game, you are a special snowflake caring only about your own problems. So one of you decided whether the other kept the ghosts, or what happened to Khem?

Maybe you're just confused by the many class phases for the knight on Tython, remembering how it was on the later planets, where vast majority of phases belong to the planetary stories and can be done in a group.

Edited by Mubrak

That's how its supposed to work in the class phases, you can't tell a personal story for two characters at the same time. In the planetary story phases you have co-op dialogue, but not in the class phases.

How did this even work? For the Inquisitor it makes even less sense. Two knights or warriors could work together as a team, but the Inquisitor is the most personal story in the game, you are a special snowflake caring only about your own problems. So one of you decided whether the other kept the ghosts, or what happened to Khem?

Maybe you're just confused by the many class phases for the knight on Tython, remembering how it was on the later planets, where vast majority of phases belong to the planetary stories and can be done in a group.

Well, the personal questline was seperate ofcourse, but the side quests were together and the planet story arc was also together. Now, we can't do anything together, and it's just frustrating. Maybe we just have to wait a little longer?

Anyway, thanks for your help up until now :) Appreciate it :D

Well, you're probably still on the starter planet and unless you've opened your map and turned on exploration missions the only thing you're seeing is class missions, which can't be done co-op. You won't even see a planet arc until you get to Coruscant.