BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

1) Did you save your companion?

2) What is your advanced class and tree spec?

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

I geared T7 all through Corellia, upgrading the armor on his stuff, it's all 50 gear. Made no difference.

1) Yes. Is the fight easier if you take the DS hit and go right for him?

2) Guardian - Vigilance Spec.

I've only made it past the 2nd wave of clones a couple times, and I couldn't tell you why. I don't understand why one slash kills them, but force sweep does nothing. This is the first boss I've died more than 2-3 times on since launch.

The ridiculous amount of double silver encounters leading into the temple is annoying also.

Kira's thrown off the Emperor once already in the story line, and is right there near the end, I don't know why she can't come with.

Edited by RGMetal

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I geared T7 all through Corellia, upgrading the armor on his stuff, it's all 50 gear. Made no difference.

1) Yes. Is the fight easier if you take the DS hit and go right for him?

2) Guardian - Vigilance Spec.

I've only made it past the 2nd wave of clones a couple times, and I couldn't tell you why. I don't understand why one slash kills them, but force sweep does nothing. This is the first boss I've died more than 2-3 times on since launch.

The ridiculous amount of double silver encounters leading into the temple is annoying also.

Kira's thrown off the Emperor once already in the story line, and is right there near the end, I don't know why she can't come with.

There's a fundamental difference between the damage Force Sweep does, and the damage Slash does.

Look at your skill bar for something that combines the 2.

It starts with a C, and ends with an yclone Slash.

There's a fundamental difference between the damage Force Sweep does, and the damage Slash does.

Look at your skill bar for something that combines the 2.

It starts with a C, and ends with an yclone Slash.

Somehow, I get the impression that it won't matter. But I'll give it a shot after I get some sleep. lol Have to get back there, because I bailed to the fleet.

Edit: Cyclone Slash has zero effect on the clones, BTW.

Edited by RGMetal

Someome posted a rough video on how to beat him w/o a buddy. Did it with T7 and Seimic grenade. You have to micro manage T7 it appears. He did it quite easy in my eyes considering he wasnt dumping cool downs as a sent and wasnt really using any buffs. So Im going to say judging by his strat. Ill be able to down him in my first three tries when I get to him.

I managed to kill him as Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) without any LoS and that type of thing. When I first entered I sent T7 up to him, and waited for the adds to spawn. An attack on each is enough to kill them, by that time T7 was dead. The next add phase I used awe to take each one down. Final adds I used Resolute and Saber Ward to kill them with minimal damage. When it was just me against him, I found it very easy to interrupt all his casts. During that phase I also used my 99% damage reduction to avoid one of his abilities.

I also saved Kira.

Very poorly designed quest to say the least. Why bother with the chest when it comes AFTER all the trash?

Well, I left the area and returned to try again only to be met with respawns in the initial area. Only I'm STILL forced to use T7 in order to get to the shuttle.

If it didn't stop me from progressing on to the Belsavis and Ilum dailies I would wait until the bugs are fixed.

Bioware. You need to fire your Dev team. So far they have done a pretty ****** job.

/end rant

Finished fight without exploits / LOS

Level 50 Guardian spec'd 31/10/0 tank. I saved the companion.

I went in with my wife who is a level 50 Sage spec'd for heals and this fight still took us multiple attempts. I finally decided that trying to in any way shape or form to deal with the clones is futile. The only way we were able to win was to mark the Emperor before the fight, use T7 (who had not be upgraded in quite a while) to tank until dead as some kind of cruel temporary buff to keep me alive, while she, I, and her companion (Nadia) burned the real Emperor down as quickly as possible while my wife and I interrupted the Emperor's many many spells as often as we could. The end result was a dead T7, a dead Nadia, a nearly dead wife, and I managed to end up around half health.

This fight is ludicrously difficult. It didn't feel heroic or epic, just asinine. What's with the adds anyway? I'm a Jedi Knight supposedly a master of lightsaber combat, so why isn't the final epic conclusion of my story a one on one duel with the Emperor? Running around the room chasing the fool down doesn't have quite the same effect irregardless of the obscene difficulty level.

Oh and by the way.. the bugged chest for doing the puzzle was a nice touch. As well as the description for the Valiant which seemed to think I was there to save it from Warren once again. Oh and let's not forget the bug trapping other people on Dromund Kaas. My wife's fleet pass was down and now just because she came to help me she is locked out of her character for 14 hours. Fan-freaking-tastic. Seriously, was this quest ever played in beta? Ever? By anyone?

Between this bucket of fail and the Kira bug (yep I got that one too) and the general crappy place melee tanking is in - my pathetic aoe threat combined with every mob in the game stunning me or knocking me out or throwing me back 900 miles every 3 seconds requiring me to trudge back up in range to hopefully get one or two abilities off before the cycle starts again - I have got to say that my Jedi Knight tank has left a deeply bitter taste in my mouth and is by far the poorest experience I've had while gaming in a long time.

My advice to everyone: avoid the JK at all costs. If you want a Jedi experience then head on over to Consular land -

you can still melee there and you'll get honoured with Masterhood at 30 and get dubbed with an ultra rare ultra special title of the Order, AND get your own Padawan, all without the need to KILL THE FREAKING EMPEROR (I guess that wasn't worthy of being named a Warden of the Order). And best of all.. you can do it all without soul crushing bugs plaguing you every step of the way.

TLDR- crazy mechanics and bugged fight. More details below.

I'm playing a level 50 Sentinel with fully upgraded hilts and all 48+ blue quality gear.

This was the most disappointing ending in the game I could have possibly imagined.

Why oh why do you get limited to T7 (who most of us probably haven't upgraded in 30 levels) and then give him a loot chest AFTER all of the trash pulls? I can barely clear trash (non-silver/non-golds) with T7 dying EVERY pull and having to wait 20-30 seconds after each fight to respawn him + heal up.

So- I expected this one to be ruthlessly nasty going in. Once I found out T7 was the only companion option I called a guild mate to help. My guild mate was a level 50 Guardian. We cleared trash, saved the companion, and went in to face the emperor.

Now- my guild mate told me he wanted to see my reaction to how insane this fight was, so I had to try it on my own a few times. First time I pulled it all went crazy and I died within 10 seconds.. fine.. no problem. Change strategy.

Second pull- I sent my T7 droid in to grab initial aggro first before leaping. T7 goes up the ramp and smacks the emperor in the face........ and he died instantly. Really? After 7 days played, 2 people here for the most "insanely" difficult fight known to Jedi Knight kind- and my T7 droid in level 26 greens one shot the Sith Emperor? Fantastic.

I couldn't help but lol at the irony here. I'd been getting rocked for weeks soloing as a Sentinel- and the T7 droid in level 26 greens just one shot the Sith Emperor.

Maybe I'm just a bad player, but this is driving me crazy. I've got the best gear I've been able to buy/quest for. I've done all the other missions assigned to me, and I haven't needed help from other people. It kills me to say this, since forums are all full of people who are carrying pitchforks and torches over every little thing that annoys them, but this is complely Not Fun. It's making me miserable.

I've seen some people say they were able to complete this via some crazy bug; is there a good series of steps documented that will let me cheat my way through this? I just want to get it over with.

Additional notes: I did save my companion, and I'm a Guardian.

Edited by Fnord_Prefect

TBH I'm guessing there is a certain strategy to this quest.

Using T7-01s EMP is probably key (otehrwise, why would the devs force you to use him?)

The main problem is the bug preventing you from opening the chest and getting T7-01 lvl 50 gear. Just off the top of my head i'm sure its possible to use his EMP as needed when the adds spawn and putting him on DPS mode so that he can deal with all 3 groups of adds would probably make the most sense.

Until the chest bug is fixed this quest is most likely impossible (Sentinels don't have Force Push) without a serios credit investment to T7.

Might have something to do with it. Patterned that weird *** glyph puzzle in the center room of the temple to look like the Imperial insignia, when I fought the Emperor all his clones died in a single hit, so he was pretty easy to take down with a single Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash to keep his buddies out of the way. Never bugged out so my Interrupts always worked.

Just saying, the fight wasn't all that bad. Granted I brought a friend because, I was saving the Galaxy. And honestly. **** T7.

Finished it easily with a lvl 50 Jedi Shadow helping me...Make sure to bring a friend and to have him use his or her's healing companion unless of course they are a healer themselves...

Don't bother trying to solo not worth the pain and anguish of just saying "yeah I soloed the emperor"

Horrible storyline, had to use another player (healer) to finish the emperor, in one way it means that actually my friend beat him.

Oh and btw, what about companions? forcing you to use a droid with a brain like a doggy.

I love the JKG as a tank, but storywise? and vs the bosses in the storyline? horrible.

5/10 experience at best.

Finished it easily with a lvl 50 Jedi Shadow helping me...Make sure to bring a friend and to have him use his or her's healing companion unless of course they are a healer themselves...

Don't bother trying to solo not worth the pain and anguish of just saying "yeah I soloed the emperor"

Yeah it is.

Since when did people become afraid of accomplishments?

Helped out a Sent, and she helped me, and finally finished the damn thing. Both of us had T7, no other companions available on the alt JK(bug?). Still, the droids and I stomped the clones, while the sent stayed on the emp. Then we both burned him down. Did it the same way both times. :)

I'd try all night solo if it wasn't costing me my lvl speeder skill to do. :( Encounter needs work.

I agree this mission needs a serious re-tuning. It's just ridiculous. I leveled to 50 as a defense spec guardian, bought all good level 50 gear and this guy just chews me up.

I completed the mission by putting T7 on passive, throwing my saber at the Emperor then quickly running all the way back to the area where the medical droid is standing. Once there, I wait for the emperor and his clones then dispatch the clones and punt the emperor over the edge. Took a couple of tries, but eventually worked. Then I have to run back to his throne to talk to him and trigger the closing cinematic. It's seriously broken.

Jedi Knight overall and Guardian specifically really needs retuning. The hollow plastic Wal-Mart lightsaber is really frustrating. In addition to Jedi Knight in general reportedly being nerfed hard at the end of beta, BioWare also seems to subscribe to the "make a lot of noise but don't do any damage" theory of tank design.

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

1) Did you save your companion?

2) What is your advanced class and tree spec?

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

I doubt you're still reading these, but...

1) Yes I saved my companion

2) Guardian - Defense

T7 was seriously undergeared, but I don't think it would have made much difference. If I aggro two strongs or an elite, I'm just toast. I barely survived the pulls with one strong and a handful of normals. T7 usually died.

So when I get into the temple, the two Sith Shadow Assassins at the entrance shred me and I have to resurrect past them. It's the only way. I'd run into that sort of double pull before and it was murder even when I had Doc with me.

In the big room, I dodge and weave between packs. Fighting them isn't worth it. I had no idea there even WAS a puzzle. How the heck am I supposed to know I'm supposed to clear the room and solve a puzzle to get T7 some gear? Did I miss a memo? The flickering red beams, I thought must be just another graphics glitch. It really wasn't obvious.

Of course I'm going to save my companion. It's the Jedi thing to do, right? How the heck am I supposed to know that's going to drastically ramp up the difficulty of the final fight?

So up I go and face the Emperor. Absolutely ridiculous difficulty. I don't even have a chance to interrupt. I smack him a couple of times and he teleports and suddenly there's half a dozen of him. It seems as if all of them hit me just as hard, too. My health just plummets. I can fairly quickly take down some of the clones, but I'm nearly dead within just a couple of GCDs. AE attacks don't seem to work to clear them.

I died a couple of times and thought maybe I can pull him out of the room and fight him without the clones. Dragged him all the way back to the medical droid. Took out the clones and he teleported away again to make more clones. When he came back I smacked a couple of clones then picked one of the remaining ones at random and punted it off the ledge. Mission updated, the remaining clone had a "mission complete" icon over its head but was still attacking. I killed it and ran back to the throne room.

BioWare, please consider that you give us Doc who becomes our number one go-to companion for half the game. Never need anyone else once we have him. Then you punish us for relying on him. You force us to use the companion we stopped using regularly way back on Coruscant. You stick us with a severely undergeared ranged dps/tank companion at a time when we're used to having our well geared healer companion. You effectively discourage us from engaging in any more fights in the temple than we absolutely must....then you put a hidden (yet very important) reward in for clearing out the temple? That's just sadistic.

You really should revamp this. Jedi Knight as a whole needs a buff. Jedi Guardian especially needs to have more damage output. Give players a CLEAR indication that they should clear the room and solve the puzzle. Give players a CLEAR indication that saving the companion would make the fight a lot more difficult. And for the love of all things decent, retune that emperor fight. It's just stupidly difficult.

well fkn done bw..

now I'm stuck in the dark mezzanine thing.. fleet pass cd is blown.. can't progress anywhere and can't solve puzzle.

very very well fkn done..

whoever allowed this should loose their damn jobs. I've loved my sentinel all the way up to this and am now damn ready to delete him.

If you get stuck where I was.. can't get past force field.. enter a WZ and afk.

It (for now) dumps you back at fleet.

use this if ur fleet CD is blown, I just did it and someone was kind enough to tell me this info.

BW DO NOT CHANGE THIS UNTILL YOU FIX DOOMSDAY!!!!!!