How assassine is this !?

I always try to complete the bonus's when I can so I can score extra credits and commedations, no problem. But while doing a Bonus mission on Balmorra, I got through the first two stages just fine. But then the last stage is a Herioc 4 mission! In other words, you go into area full elites and champions and you need to team up with 4 players to complete it and get a bonus.

Of course I abandon it, not just because I hate pick up groups and don't like too much group play due to the drama ovre item rolls and such. But also because I might not necessarily be able to share the quest or easily find help. They really should just make bonus missions be regular like the rest of the mission. I would have understood killing a really tough elite or even having to kill a champion with the help of Friendly NPC's like on one Jedi Consular mission I got. But a whole Herioc 4 mission in a situation like that, it;'s pretty unreasonable.

Why can't you just make some missions totally herioc 2, totally herioc 4 and totally regular and not mix and match like that? I doubt gameplay would be unbalanced that way/

I have played through balmorra many times, and don't recall this, not calling you a liar, as I'm sure there are possibly one or two quests I never did. However I don't think I ever came across any Quest in game that starts off as a normal quest, then has a bonus part, that later turns into a Heroic 4 (bonus from a normal quest), there are Area Quests that show up as Area 4, which are basically Heroic 4's but often the first stage or two are easily solo-able, leading into a Quest much harder if you do not have a group. Do you remember the name of the quest? Is it possible its just a regular Heroic 4 obtained via mission terminal? There are often these Heroic quests on mission terminals located in an area on the planet that's only accessible after you start the Bonus Series associated with the Planet Story Arc.

edit* there is an occasion where I mistake a quest area for the wrong quest, some times the quest tracker doesn't update or I get tired and not really paying attention. This might be another possibility a simple case of mistaken quest identity.

Edited by Fortunefive

He's right. I do all the bonus's too and got to this one. Parts 1 and 2 are the same as ALL other bonus missions in game, but part 3 is a heroic 4. Hard to find help cause you have to find 3 others that are on that part at the same time. And since there's hardly anyone playing this game anymore, there is noone to help. Not gonna waste my time waiting for 3 seperate folks to catch up to that quest cause I'll be on next planet in 5 minutes. Would really like to know what the item is from finishing it. Closest I got was 2 of us with our pets out, but at the end part the guy was too hard for us and we needed more, noone around so we just scrapped it. Prolly just some random orange gear that looks like shiz

Assassine is a female assassin in French. None of what you said sounds like a female assassin.

If you meant asinine, then I don't find it foolish either. It makes sense that you would continue on the path of something and discover something bigger and badder than you thought. This big and bad thing would then require you to gather forces to overcome.

Edited by flyersfan

Yeah, I remember this, its the republic bonus series.

It can be easily missed, because once you've done the first 2 stages, it can be handed in at any point after that, and that's what happens, coming back to hand in and pick up missions, you can hand this one in without even realizing, and it shows as everything completed.

Sort of on subject, the devs really need to go back and re-tune any/all the bonus series heroics into H2's, as it is 10 times harder to get a group together for these, as most of them are locked out to anyone unless they are on the bonus series. Add to this the fact that lots of people dont even do the bonus series, they just head to the next planet.

They changed the H4's into H2's in the belsavis daily area for this very reason, and they really need to do it with the leveling bonus series as well.

Edited by Mowermanx

There are always Heriocs in bonus area. Just like any other Heriocs on the planet, they are optional. you don't need to do the Herioc in order to complete the "Bonus Series" quest.

Thing is, this is not just any mission, it is the main storyline mission for the bonus series.

Full explanation in other post.

I know the quest he means, I believe it's to kill a Lord Tharsis. It was an awful idea.

There is one on Dromund Kass too that ends in a Heroic 4.

both of them are stupid having a heroic pop up and you think why do this it's annoying.

I remember that quest. It isn't too difficult to solo, except that there is a hidden timer on the last boss.

Then again it was green when I tried it, and I'm a healer so it was probably easier for me when I tried. I did eventually get a group together but it took a while.

I definitely agree that bonus area heroics are a pain to actually complete. Making them 2 mans would help a lot.

I always try to complete the bonus's when I can so I can score extra credits and commedations, no problem. But while doing a Bonus mission on Balmorra, I got through the first two stages just fine. But then the last stage is a Herioc 4 mission! In other words, you go into area full elites and champions and you need to team up with 4 players to complete it and get a bonus.

Of course I abandon it, not just because I hate pick up groups and don't like too much group play due to the drama ovre item rolls and such. But also because I might not necessarily be able to share the quest or easily find help. They really should just make bonus missions be regular like the rest of the mission. I would have understood killing a really tough elite or even having to kill a champion with the help of Friendly NPC's like on one Jedi Consular mission I got. But a whole Herioc 4 mission in a situation like that, it;'s pretty unreasonable.

Why can't you just make some missions totally herioc 2, totally herioc 4 and totally regular and not mix and match like that? I doubt gameplay would be unbalanced that way/

I remember this mission as well, a guildie was doing the balmorra bonus series and found this problem, so she asked for help in guildchat and since i was the right level, i went along and helped in the boss fight. Most of the elites can be avoided if you're careful enough.

Haven't played Balmorra, but I agree with you in part. I don't necessarily think basic bonus missions need to be re-worked as they only reward XP (but as a completionist, I would personally not be opposed to it). The problem I encountered came from a Multi-state bonus mission in Taris, where the main mission is actually completed while "in the wild" during a conversation cinematic. I did not realize this and decided to complete the next step of the main mission (which triggers the cinematic) before I completed the final stage of the bonus mission. Hence, once the cinematic was complete, so was the main quest and I lost the opportunity to finish the bonus mission.

I personally would rather the bonus missions become separate missions once they are picked up so players do not have to worry about completing missions in a certain order. However, as I said, this is less of an issue with the basic bonus missions, but I think are necessary for the Multi-stage ones that generally offer more rewards than just XP.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

i love it when people on the internet reply to a thread to complain about a complainer

And I love it when intentionally misspell a word and get flamed. Well, ok I hate the flaming part and hate being called an idiot just like everybody else hates being called an idiot. But here are two life lesson for you all, sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette and if you can;t stand being flamed, don't post online.

Anywyas, thanks to me misspelling the word "asinine" I got a posting that could have been 1 page long to 3 pages long!!! Maybe still going!!! I am sure the devs read these posts and a post that is one page long, won't get noticed, but when they got a post that is several pages long, they notice, they read and they consider, even if I don't hear a thing from them. :D

But back on subject, the thing that ticks me off is I hate wasting too much time on something that won't pay off with at least a commedation or a green item and I hate having to kill mobs other people need to kill anymore than I have to. Farming is different subject, of course. I am not the only one who wants bonuses and has quests to complete. The imperial mobs I had to kill before I spawned that herioc 4 bonus are part of another quest and quest bonus many republic players have to complete before they even complete Balmorra. So not only did I have to abandon a bonus mission and lose my bonus reward after wasting twenty minutes to spawn that herioc 4 mission, but I have essentially delayed a certian amount of people out of like 56-93 people that could have been killing those mobs for thier quests.

The name of the quest I am talking about I think is called "Hunting the Mandalorians" but I can't remember the bonus mission name.