Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm looking forward to it; and would like to add some thoughts.

As the Devs made their road map for 2014, we can probably assume there will be a new level cap along with the new tier of gear. With two new flashpoints(FP) concentrated to Tython and Korriban I can only hope for a deeper Jedi/Sith story.

Over the past year there have been a concentration on PvP and PvE content, maybe, just maybe it's time to make the coming year a RP year! I think that when you are done with the PvE and in periods get tired of the PvP, RP is what you want to explore, maybe realize it can be used to a mean to make your gaming experience deeper and greater.

and the struggle for new subscribers seems to be ever so hard, but what I'd like to see is;

- subscriber free/exclusive chairs.

- Subscriber free/exclusive meditation emotes (like the ones at house Organa 'Jedi meditating with levitating stones/rocks')

- Subscriber exclusive Jedi/other class robes/armors, with a variety from the non jedi like armors to the classic robes. This could be made into a 1 choice opportunity, as it is now we seems to get a very none jedi-ish speeder!!!

As for the gaming experience after hitting level cap I think the key to successes is in listening to the RP community. It is within RP community the Star Wars loyalty resides, they will be the last to abandon the game as the never ending whining PvP community will be the first.

But more thought, time and effort must be spent on how to make a Subscription an exclusive experience. And I think the secret is in the details, small things to most, but great stuff for those who really care.

Edited by t-darko

that classes have the same way of solving stuff on makeb.. everytime i play i dont see classes anymore.. just toons with a diffrent skillset with the same quests as the rest of the toons..

[...]

give us something to encourage us to play diffrent classes while not getting bored out of our minds

[...]

and please for the love of god dont make it group content only.

[...]

give us more class story'sP

I totally agree. So far, it seems all the stuff anounced is either PvP, group content and/or faction-specific, but not class-specific. FPs and OPs are nice, and I know some people enjoy that stuff... but I'd like to see new class-specific storylines. THAT would be a good add-on. Not just some new FPs or OPs. Not new "end-game content", but rather something that really expands the game and moves the "endgame" further away.

First of all, thanks for the roadmap, appriciated.

But honestly, dividing DF and DP Nm on 2 different dates? Either you skip doing NM at all and focus the time spent on doing NM versions of the operations on doing SM and HM properly or you release all versions (SM, HM, NM) on the same time. Cause dividing them up like you plan to do now, is just gonna give more players a valid reason too leave the game. Doing this means we wont see any new operations for atleast 6 months, and we are already what, 5 months in on DF and DP?

Sometimes i wonder if you at Bioware has taken on too much for you own good instead of focusing on the core of the game and really put all your effort and time into the basics like QoL, WZ, Ops, Fp's and such.

Quality over quantity i'd say. If both could be obtained, good game!

I love the game, but im abit worried about the future tbh.

Edited by SweKaiser

Doing this means we wont see any new operations for atleast 6 months, and we are already what, 5 months in on DF and DP?

Since there is pretty much zero chance they will release a new operation at the same time as DP NM, the absolute earliest we would see one will be August, so yeah, almost 6 months from now. Which would be 10 months after the release of DF and DP. But what I really expect is no new operations until the larger expansion lands, because they will not release a brand new op and then obsolete it with a level cap bump a couple of months later. I am hoping the expansion is no later than October, and will contain 2 new operations, but that would still be a full year of the same DF/DP. So yeah, this roadmap didn't give raiders much to look forward to.

Since there is pretty much zero chance they will release a new operation at the same time as DP NM, the absolute earliest we would see one will be August, so yeah, almost 6 months from now. Which would be 10 months after the release of DF and DP. But what I really expect is no new operations until the larger expansion lands, because they will not release a brand new op and then obsolete it with a level cap bump a couple of months later. I am hoping the expansion is no later than October, and will contain 2 new operations, but that would still be a full year of the same DF/DP. So yeah, this roadmap didn't give raiders much to look forward to.

it doesnt have to be this way you know..

lets say bioware/EA gets the picture and starts making new leveling planets from 1 till 55 (you start off jedi on tython and chose a diffrent master, diffrent story begins)

ÿou go to new planets, wich wil contain new(CLASS!) story's, FP's, OP's, pvp zones and gear..

EVERYBODY happy

Edited by DjDraco
forgot to type something

Still this is not enough...

When are we going to have new races and new classes with new story lines?

Not enough?? We are receiving a plenty of stuff via Cartel Market. These are contents as the same as new story lines and raids :cool:

New story lines, raids??? Tze, too much coding, it's better focusing on short term profit as CM.

Not enough?? We are receiving a plenty of stuff via Cartel Market. These are contents as the same as new story lines and raids :cool:

New story lines, raids??? Tze, too much coding, it's better focusing on short term profit as CM.

LOL - terzappi... you bad troll you... :)

What he said though IS sorta true though...

It takes Bioware way too long to make new Operations, Flashpoints (NOT the same ones with harder difficulty), Warzones, etc.

No he said "CM stuff was content..." joking I'm sure. :)

It does take WAY too long for real OPS/FP's to drop. Shouldn't take a YEAR+ to deploy a new operation. They really should move to the Twice a Year Model or even better quarterly. Dropping to 6 month would be a big improvement.

New Operations, PVP Map, FP every 6 months would be real CONTENT deployment.

• JAN/JUL new FP
  • FEB/AUG new PVP Map
  • MAR/SEP new PVE (NiM version 2 months after dropped - not counting towards "new" content)
  • APR/OCT new GSF Map
  • MAY/NOV new Single WB
  • JUN/DEC new ??? (Rak/Gree/Bounty/etc) Type Content added to rotation.

All that would be a welcome pace for content and pretty much address a MAJORITY of the community screaming for new stuff. (FYI - CM is left out on purpose)

I agree NiM splashed on existing content is NOT (I repeat NOT) new content, but old content rehashed.

SUGGESTION: Maybe we add stacks to existing OPERATION BOSSES to make them harder (like Dreadtooth) for better gear. I'd love to tackle GHARJ with 10 stacks for him to drop DREAD FORGED gear... LOL The possibility is GREAT... have CRAFTERS of all types able to make items to increase STACKS for complexity upgrades of existing bosses. (Like the Alphawave Inhibit/Crystal for NM Pilgrim)

Edited by dscount

I'm surprised about the lack of discussion regarding the two FP's on Korriban and Tython that say they're going to involve the other faction's players. I personally can't wait for it as it seems to be some new PvPvE thing.

If the rumors I heard are correct, they are going to talk about them at the Community Cantina coming up in March. Also, I have heard of rumors that involve a certain character from the SWTOR Comics being involved in the flashpoints.

If the rumors I heard are correct, they are going to talk about them at the Community Cantina coming up in March. Also, I have heard of rumors that involve a certain character from the SWTOR Comics being involved in the flashpoints.

Yes I heard of this as well. It makes me wonder what the storyline involving said person will be for both the Republic and the Empire and the potential consequences :-D

Yes I heard of this as well. It makes me wonder what the storyline involving said person will be for both the Republic and the Empire and the potential consequences :-D

Well, I've heard rumors of two different characters, one would make sense for the Republic Side, and the other is someone who could be an important part of the next few patches.

I'm surprised about the lack of discussion regarding the two FP's on Korriban and Tython that say they're going to involve the other faction's players. I personally can't wait for it as it seems to be some new PvPvE thing.

They said the 2 factions will be confronting each other directly, not that players of the opposite faction would be involved. While it would be epic to combine some sort of faction v faction competition, it could simply mean that Republic will fight Imperial NPCs, and the Empire will fight Republic NPCs. Up until now, all previous endgame content has revolved around a 3rd party that both factions had reasons to fight.