The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I may have been at fault in this story.

I typically play as a Republic player. However, I queued in group finder for a flashpoint as a tank - sith jugg. It was an insta-pop. This was my 2nd imperial character, however my first toon never got to run this flashpoint. The flashpoint was - The Foundry (SM) . I was interested in seeing the story with how it connects to the Boarding Party storyline.

Someone says 'hello" in group chat. I announce in group chat that it was my first time in here. Someone else responds "No problem, we will tell you what to do" or something along those lines. I get up to the first conversation and begin to watch the story conversation. The same person who said they would tell me what to do kept typing "press spacebar". After the 3rd time he typed it I replieid, "but it's my first time here, I'd like to see the story". The reply was something like "We dont have time for that".

So, I said I was sorry, and that I would leave and I dropped group. Hopefully they found a new space-bar friendly tank after that.

I plan to solo the flashpoint on my lvl 55 assassin to enjoy the story first. Do you guys think I was at fault?

I don't think anyone is at fault. You and the group had different goals so you solved the problem ;)

Ran into a drunk healer. After he went ahead and pulled some mobs numerous times, getting himself killed 2 or 3 times, we vote-kicked him.

On which server was this?

'Cuz I might have ran into them (Merc-healer) too!

There are classes you can play drunk in this game at end-game and still be at least somewhat effective. Healer-Merc is not one of them.

/Me sighs....

I am seriously starting to despise Mandalorian Raiders [HARD]...I think I understand all the mechanics now (from an R/DPS point of view, anyway --the lessons were/are certainly painful!), but it seems that a lot of tanks don't, or just don't care, and that will cause a wipe:

Either at the dog-beast guy because the tank isn't constantly trying to kite the dogs away from the healer/DPS --they will devour those classes/roles very, very quickly-- or at the end-boss because of AoE tagging the boss whilst fighting the turrets and not killing them fast enough (it seems that tagging the boss whilst the turrets are up will "enrage" the turrets, and then they just alpha everyone.).

Last attempt, six wipes before I finally rage-quit with a 40,000+ cred repair bill, something I normally would never do in an FP.

Attention, everyone new to [HARD] modes:

Research, be geared well, and be extra-careful in Mandalorian Raiders, but most of all:

Don't be a bad, that instance will not forgive prancing Cartel Market clothes-horse derpitude the way some others do.

Either at the dog-beast guy because the tank isn't constantly trying to kite the dogs away from the healer/DPS --they will devour those classes/roles very, very quickly-- or at the end-boss because of AoE tagging the boss whilst fighting the turrets and not killing them fast enough (it seems that tagging the boss whilst the turrets are up will "enrage" the turrets, and then they just alpha everyone.).

Last attempt, six wipes before I finally rage-quit with a 40,000+ cred repair bill, something I normally would never do in an FP.

Attention, everyone new to [HARD] modes:

Research, be geared well, and be extra-careful in Mandalorian Raiders, but most of all:

Don't be a bad, that instance will not forgive prancing Cartel Market clothes-horse derpitude the way some others do.

The dogs can't be controlled. They'll attack whom they please in the area so the healer needs to keep everyone up and DPS needs to mark one to burn down first, then take care of the the other while the tank holds the boss up top so his red circle of love doesn't take everyone's head off.

On Varad, the tank usually has to work between Varad and the turrets to keep aggro on himself, especially tanking as a Jugg. It really shouldn't be a problem as again, DPS should have a burn order--usually closest turret first--meaning that the other turret and Varad should have no reason to even look in their direction. I've never paid it much attention but Maras and others may even be able to CC stun the second turret while the first one is taken down.

Edited by Prototypemind

The dogs can't be controlled. They'll attack whom they please in the area so the healer needs to keep everyone up and DPS needs to mark one to burn down first, then take care of the the other while the tank holds the boss up top so his red circle of love doesn't take everyone's head off.

On Varad, the tank usually has to work between Varad and the turrets to keep aggro on himself, especially tanking as a Jugg. It really shouldn't be a problem as again, DPS should have a burn order--usually closest turret first--meaning that the other turret and Varad should have no reason to even look in their direction. I've never paid it much attention but Maras and others may even be able to CC stun the second turret while the first one is taken down.

Spot on. Tank ignores dogs.

In var ad fight, tanks won't do enough damage to var ad to push him over (20%) unless the DPS really suck. So one of thedps was focusing var ad or dropping heavy aoe on him. However, tank should still be focusing the correct turret to keep agro on it (as well as tossing a couple abilities on the second turret to keep it off healer)

Sounds like both times it wasn't a tank issue. Fancy that.

I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:

• stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

I had something like that happen to me in hammer station only this guy WAS our tank! i was healing(commando, lev 23) the two dps were good but the tank he was a 16 shadow he did not even have his tanking stance on I told him to switch to tank one..but he was not in chat....so we got to the first boss and thru the Intire fight he did not taunt the boss one time, our sentinal dps was getting hit so hard(but he did not die I healed him) and the tank did not taunt, come to think of it he might not have realized he was tank, anyway after the fight we voted to kick him but he left before the vote was complete, we queued for a replacement but we ended doing the flashpoint without a tank, it really wasn't that hard we died once on the final boss but we beat him the second time.

Edited by avatarearth

A couple recent ones I had

Playing on my level 52 at the time sent I catch a hm kaon. Now I tend to overgear a bit but I was only in level 50 stuff at this point. So I look at the group and see a 55 guardian tank, 55 scoundrel heals and a 54 sent dps, so I think we're in good shape. Yeah, not so much. I look a little closer and oh crap the tank has 16k health. Upon inspection there was no tankin gear in evidence, a couple different mainstats and nothing higher than level 49 mostly greens. This is going to be ever so much fun. But, I'm close to 53 and I got a full set of 66 waiting for me so in I go. The "tank" doesn't bother guarding anybody and somehow we clear the first few mobs. This despite the tank dying twice due to what he referred to as poor heals. The fact that he was pulling mobs 2 and 3 pulls ahead of we were wasn't a consideration. Now the fun begins, we get to the turret. Not a hard fight but a long one. Our intrepid tank decrees that we don't need the turret. At which point I ask if he had ever tanked this particular flaspoint before. He says he has and never needed the turret once and pulls without another word. Sure enough he leaps to the first pack of mobs and insta dies. So I jump on the turret. Our healer gamely rezzes the tank who does not help by rebuffing or regenning his health but yells at me to l2p and get off the turret. Immediately following this he leaps to another group and insta dies again. Now he starts demanding that he gets rezzed again. The healers explanation that it's on a 5 minute cd was met with utter disbelief by our friendly tank. We finish the fight and lo and behold there's a pretty decent cunning piece drop which our buddy the tank proceeds to need on. When I mention that he has no need of the piece and if he's rolling for a comp it's common courtesy to make sure nobody actually needs it he proceeds to equip it and say "%#^* you it's bound now" well that was enough for me so I bid the others good luck and tell our tank that if he had leveled any way other than space missions I'd be completely amazed since actual tanking is beyond him. Well I'm annoyed enough that I jump on my slinger and re que. A little while later I get a Mando raider HM and there's my favorite tank. I tell the group that they will die a lot with this tank, throw him on ignore and get outta there.

Anyone who plays on Pot5, pub or imp, has run across a certain guild who shall remain nameless. I'll give a hint though the initials are B F. Well I catch a HM cad in progress one day and as I enter I see in group chat "last 2 dps quit, hope better" Now I'm just entering and I'm too far away to see all of their details but my spider sense is tingling. I draw near and my fears are confirmed. It's 3 of them. I stumbled into a guild run. I should've ran but I needed one more for the weekly so I press on. Theyre at the bonus boss and I'm pretty confident in my dps so i dive in. Wow that was a bad idea. The tank and other dps die real quick the healer is dpsing. So I'm in chat over and over saying Rez the tank. This is apparently a horrible tactical call on my part because as the healer so eloquently put it, "no tell how to heal" Yeah I must be terribad if I thought a tank might be handy on the bonus boss. So upon the inevitable wipe I simply say "ummm, no" and head off. I guess the first two dps that left must've been as bad as me.

@ xBenouze Yes, I agree with you.. I can't believe I forgot to mention the loot needing in my message , that has got to be the most annoying subject out there.. Good to read that there are more people out there who sometimes help people out, instead of kicking them out without explanation! I completely understand why you quit the group, I would've done the same, some people are just impossible:)

Loot needing can be extremely annoying once I was running hammer station on my jugg and we killed the first boss and he droped a rating 50 lightsaber with strength stats and a sorc needed it and got it, I was so annoyed cus my current lightsaber was like rating 32 i just fergot about it and then the last boss drops a lightsaber with willpower and the sorc does not even need it.

i had a sorcerer in my colicoid war game group the other day who seemed to be very new to the game — she was very disoriented by the cannon section and we needed to keep covering her to prevent her dying (she kept accidentally dismounting). Did awesome lightning dps, though.

anyway, when we got to the last section she was incredibly excited that she could use slicing to open the cage door and get a pet akk dog. she then went on and on in chat about how much she loved her new "puppy" and announced in party chat that she had given it a name. This continued through the arena beasts and up to annihilator 6k-a2, at which point she asked if the akk dog was permanent and would stay with her after the fp.

I gently explained the akk dog would get itself incinerated within a few seconds once the boss started putting down ground fire, and she was traumatized. She told me to switch to dps (i was healing) so she could heal and the dog wouldn't charge in and get killed. We gently explained that guardian pets will run in the second she takes random damage from the boss.

So she begged me to keep her akk dog healed through the fire. I said i would try. Even though it cost our operative dps his life because i was distracted spamming kolto injection on an akk dog, alas, i could not keep the dog alive through the fire it was sitting in.

Upon seeing her pet akk dog die, the sorc /yelled "noooooooooooo" and expressed grieving emoticons in party chat. As soon as the boss died, she ran up and performed /cry emotes over her akk dog before /kneeling and asking to be left alone.

roflrofl!!!!

OK, what the f is with Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] mode lately?

Last two days, it's all I'm getting, and all I seem to get (as R/DPS) is either drama-king/queen tanks who don't know how to tank, tanks who drop before we've even all loaded-in, or other DPS who are hero-1337-killer derp-wads.

Seriously, ***?

Yes, all those stupid dog-beast-things suck. So what? trash-mobs in general suck. Step up and deal, FFS.

Sounds like a frustrated healer. Which server / faction? So far I haven't noticed anything like that on Harbinger. Though the Imperial side does have a few more queens and princesses than the Republic.

Sounds like a frustrated healer. Which server / faction? So far I haven't noticed anything like that on Harbinger. Though the Imperial side does have a few more queens and princesses than the Republic.

It is Harbi/Imp-side, strangely enough.

I don't do a lot of healing and am still really, really nub at it (Merc/Bodyguard --our version of Commando/Combat Medic), but let's just say that if I ever see another DPS Sorc(/Sage) run in to "hero/1337-tank" from the first pull, then I'm dropping group like, right freaking now.

Now, I'm stubborn as Hell --I'm Polish, we're just sexy like that-- but I just don't have the creds for those kinds of repair-bills on a constant basis.

Yes, Imp-side does seem to have its kiddie-component (this is part why we seem to always lose in PvP, too, but I've done my last Warzone for while, so no more f's will be given there.).

The kiddies can be amusing sometimes, though:

The Boarding Party [HARD] (<---I think? I've done so many FPs recently, it all becomes a blur), off we go. No derp-ness at all except when the other DPS ('Sin) ran in to pull first once and the tank said, "heals, don't heal them if they do that again." They didn't do that again, so all good.

We get to the part where you have to choose between spacing and capturing the engineers/crewmen, and as usual, I chose to capture them, and I see in /party chat from the tank (Jugg):

"F U Lightside BH!"

Now, it's taken me awhile to make Light V, as I play/see my Mercs as professionals who are decent and honourable, but definitely not "do-gooders," so I'd rather not see that alignment meter drop again. Also, IMHO, a lot of the Dark-side choices --at least for Imperial characters, Rep-side handles this with much more proper "adult" subtlety, particularly on the Trooper-- are just totally cartoonish/juvenile "FOR TEH EVULZ LOLOL!!!onoeone!!" and I just don't like that, soooo....

I (strained/brittle-)patiently explained to this chick, to the effect of "Look, you get the alignment points for the choice you make regardless of who wins the convo-roll, the latter only determines how much Social Points you get."

She didn't have much to say to that, and on we went.

Nothing else to report --she was/is a good tank, everybody knew their roles, and preformed them properly --that Sin-pull seems like it was just a "sorry, my bad" moment, we all have those I'm sure.

Hell, she even /emoted blowing me a kiss at the end. (I emoted /bow back)

I just thought that LS/DS thing was a little "funny," myself.

Oh, have I mentioned how incredibly useful the "Unity" Legacy ability can be whilst soloing the [HEROIC 2] on Oricon? Doing "good" has its rewards :)

E:

Or is that Hammer Station? Need coffee naow.

Edited by midianlord

Spot on. Tank ignores dogs.

In var ad fight, tanks won't do enough damage to var ad to push him over (20%) unless the DPS really suck. So one of thedps was focusing var ad or dropping heavy aoe on him. However, tank should still be focusing the correct turret to keep agro on it (as well as tossing a couple abilities on the second turret to keep it off healer)

Sounds like both times it wasn't a tank issue. Fancy that.

Oh, the dogs can't even be taunted at all? That explains much.

Yeah, I know about no AoE during the turret fights (and being careful with it, and positioning, in general for that instance)...It would seem that some don't though :/

Was running Cademimu SM. PUG pop-up pretty fast.

Me (op-heal), Sin (tank), Sorc (dps) and Snipe.

But after first fight i realized, that tank (sin) are not using tanking stance (DC).

Iv politely asked him - Why are u not using tank stance.

Answer: I just put myself in tank role for a quick pop. But i can tank if no one else wants (sorc, oper and sniper in team lol)

So a asking again (politely) - So you want to tank without tank spec and not using Dark Charge?

Answer: Hey, i can do it.

The whole team is waiting for me on the next pull. I guess they didn't realize what will happen if that "tank" will actually try to tank bosses.

So i said "sorry" and leave...

I may have been at fault in this story.

I typically play as a Republic player. However, I queued in group finder for a flashpoint as a tank - sith jugg. It was an insta-pop. This was my 2nd imperial character, however my first toon never got to run this flashpoint. The flashpoint was - The Foundry (SM) . I was interested in seeing the story with how it connects to the Boarding Party storyline.

Someone says 'hello" in group chat. I announce in group chat that it was my first time in here. Someone else responds "No problem, we will tell you what to do" or something along those lines. I get up to the first conversation and begin to watch the story conversation. The same person who said they would tell me what to do kept typing "press spacebar". After the 3rd time he typed it I replieid, "but it's my first time here, I'd like to see the story". The reply was something like "We dont have time for that".

So, I said I was sorry, and that I would leave and I dropped group. Hopefully they found a new space-bar friendly tank after that.

I plan to solo the flashpoint on my lvl 55 assassin to enjoy the story first. Do you guys think I was at fault?

It's called story mode. I can understand wanting to skip Black Talon/Esseles conversations even in story mode because they're easy to find people for, soloable at very early levels so you can just about watch them any time you want - and those two are full of cutscenes. But Boarding Party? It's not even a conversation-heavy FP at all. You did nothing wrong, the others should have accepted that you'd like to see the story. Because it's called story mode.

He just runs in low health low energy and everybody else is to. Again he losses agro to me and the boss kept running over and attacking me, the dogs were on the healer. The tank for the first time in the whole FP finally speaks but it’s only to spam the chat saying “DON’T HIT BOSS”. Had he any sense he would have realized I wasn’t I was on the dogs but because of his pig headedness he was probably out of taunts or didn’t have enough energy to use them and could no longer keep agro. So I am trying to get the dogs of the healer and run from the boss at the same time. I really can’t say what the other dps is doing as I am trying to save myself and our healer.

:(

Those dogs do not have agro, you need to pick one, not run away and just dps it down. The boss also carbonites the tank and drops agro every ten seconds or so.

90% of the time when im tanking I kill the boss before the dps even kill the adds cause they are running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off losing dps on the adds. The dogs don't do much dmg as long as they don't get in the red circle around the boss.

Those dogs do not have agro, you need to pick one, not run away and just dps it down. The boss also carbonites the tank and drops agro every ten seconds or so.

90% of the time when im tanking I kill the boss before the dps even kill the adds cause they are running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off losing dps on the adds. The dogs don't do much dmg as long as they don't get in the red circle around the boss.

I was surprised the first two times this happened, but it has become pretty normal for me as well. Seeing them run in fear at times can be quite hilarious, though.

Was a HM Hammer station.

I was a vanguard tank, and had a Scoundrel Healer (was in 63's but succesfully healed the entirety of SM Dread Fortress beforehand as well as almost all of Dread Palace, though the council bugged and we pulled out), a sentinel and a gunslinger. The op was going pretty well, though I failed with holding thread against the combat sentinel against the first couple of trash pulls and he died (he blamed himself, we joked about it, and then I put the guard on him for the rest of the fight). The gunslinger stays pretty quiet for the whole time.

We get onto the first boss, and get him down to about 50% health and the scoundrel forgets to cleanse the heat beam, and I die. He then resses me, but the momentum of the fight is lost and both the sentinel and the slinger get taken out, but just me and the healer managed to down the boss from 40% - 0% (he was an amazing healer).

Then the slinger leaves without a word.

"Who needs him" I say, pulled out Aric, put my DPS gear on him, and we finished the flashpoint with the only other death being Aric to a grenade against Kresshan (controlling where he stands is hard)

So just now I was one of these weird people, I guess. Czerka Core Meltdown SM, le me working on mah Gunslinger. She's not well geared yet, but I generally do OK, especially since it's only SM. So the GF pops with a pure DPS group. 2 Commandos who are well geared and really know their stuff, and a Sage who does really well too. Suffice to say, between those guys, the trash melted at a speed where entering cover would have been unreasonable. I did well on the Jungle boss. Then on the desert boss, I have some sort of glitch where the enemy vanishes inside of the floor (so I lost 1 Comm :(). While my compatriots get rid of the boss, I cast 1 Freighter Flyby and activate the Kolto tank. That's all I can do since I can't see the boss. They must have considered me soooooooo useless :o

Also, I barely managed to to anything on the Vigilant aswell. Not only did they kill everything so quickyl that I barely had time to take cover and get some shots of, no, of course the Vigilant has some obsession for blue skinned Twi'lek smugglers and uses his electro AOE on me constantly.

Alas, my group was amazing, but I felt useless.

I meet a lot of Assassin tanks who never use Discharge even though it makes the job so much easier.

I told the last one to use it, but she wouldn't even use it once.

Unfortunatly its true.

I guess they don't bother to read description of skill more closely. And since it doesn't do much damage, they ignore it.

Was a HM Hammer station.

Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ... anyway, its a wipe, and the 2 dps quit (i dunno why, they dont say). I feel guilty and furious, anyway I try to reason with healer that maybe clensing and shield spamming will work .. After a few mins we get 2 new dps, and the rest of the fp goes smooth somehow ...

So i could call it a day, but I also have a mostly 69/72 gunslinger on the rep side, so off to gf hm55, and you know what? its hammer station hard mode. the tank is a guardian with 28k hp, and they seem to have issues to move on. They are at the 3 boss trio (dunno their name, who lurk before the moral choice consol). We down them (tank seemed to have taunt issues), and also successfully downed the bonus boss on second try. Actually we had zero problems afterwards ...

I dunno what healers have with "not top geared" tanks .. reasonable tanks seem to be rare, still people try their best to upset them and get onto their ignore list.

My last run was also hammer staton now SM with jedi shadow, lvl15. I always wanted to try this, because it has the most challenging encounter for low lvl tanks: 2 gold 2 strong 2 regular droid mobs. I actually planned it quite perfectly (heal was lvl23 scoundrel, dps were lvl16 gs and lvl22 idk). So I thinkt it over .. and start saying "gunslinger you need to cc the gold on the left ... wait .. NOT NOW!" oh well .. i start hitting them 1by1 (i dont use aoe taunt, it would break cc), turn around, and the cc'd is already broken, dps baller at it .. oh well .. i die, but can respawn, and boost back to the fight. All goes well afterwards, except for the gunslinger who tends to pull mobs before me even when we still fight the previous group (got gs, she can sit on her ***, if she wants). So as increasing tank drama queen i say "it is highly impolite for you to pull before tank". Does not reply, and continues to pull mobs ...

In my opinion, there is one task for the dps on sub-50 fp's: do not get on the ignore list of the tank ...:p

Edited by feketebirka

Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ... anyway, its a wipe, and the 2 dps quit (i dunno why, they dont say). I feel guilty and furious, anyway I try to reason with healer that maybe clensing and shield spamming will work .. After a few mins we get 2 new dps, and the rest of the fp goes smooth somehow ...

If heals doesn't cleans the laser at 5 stacks, you're gonna have a bad time =p

The laser does nothing pretty much every other round with Force Shroud for Shadows/sins, but other then that it better be cleansed or it's going to be a wipe.

i dont use aoe taunt, it would break cc

Not true. Maybe the Vanguards might on the enemy directly targeted, but none others. Even abilities like Slow Time and Guardian Slash do not break cc except the direct target.