No /roll function?

How is there honestly no /roll function? Please tell me this is just a huge oversight by the devs and not something that was intentionally held out of the game. Me and some others formed an op group to down a world boss. We put it on master looter and down said boss, only to come to find out that we can't /roll for loot. HOW DOES THIS GET LEFT OUT?! That's absolutely ridiculous!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik most games haven't such function

Afaik most games have such function.

I believe that is what you meant, since most games do in fact have this function. We found this out last night, when we had 3 people and I suggested doing a /roll to find out who would use their companion, only to find out there isn't a /roll system.

This means that we may have to completely change our loot rules for raiding as we have always used master looter with a /roll system.

Wow...just, wow. I don't think I've ever played an mmo without a random funciton. Even UO had an item that could fulfill the purpose. How do you make a game with raiding and guilds, but no random? I sincerely hope this will be added quickly, along with master loot.

Disclaimer: I like TOR, get off me fanboys.

I've tried /random as well, it does nothing. I also tried many other variations. As far as I can tell, this is not in the game right now. It SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed as I had the same issue today on Dromund Kaas. I found this out mid-fight, switched to group loot and as always there was disappointment when a Marauder gets a BoP Inquisitor item.

What is the point of Master Looter? And several people claimed the loot system did not obey their choice (though I can't say this is not user error).

I agree with everyone else that we definitely need some sort of /roll <max> functionality.

While I'm loving the game, it still feels a like I'm playing a beta that's a tad rough around the edges. I've never played during an MMO launch before but things seem to be going pretty well compared to what I've heard about others. Looking forward to seeing what BioWare can deliver moving forward--keep it up!

Could someone clarify what's the point of doing masterlooting + everyone roll?

If people are going to manually role, what's the advantage of masterloot + manual roll over need/greed + auto roll?

if you got random people with you then you got to have faith that they will not roll on things they do not use themself. Already seen people rolling Need on things no good for them when others in group can use it.

Luckily Im in a good guild where people get what they need :D

We definately need a roll option we had the same story with the world boss "The First" yesterday. I was masterlooting there. Tbh, I found myself out of control without having any option that the players can "roll".

Please think and consider implementing.

Edited by Drentika

Could someone clarify what's the point of doing masterlooting + everyone roll?

If people are going to manually role, what's the advantage of masterloot + manual roll over need/greed + auto roll?

With masterloot the lootmaster has control of who can win a specific item. So for example that the BH cannot roll on Strength items which the jedi knight needs. And to prevent people from rolling for their companions while people in the group need the items still for their character.

Right now Masterlooter is only useful if you have a loot council or DKP or King of the hill system. Guilds who don't are stuck with Need/Greed. Also some loot systems involve different rolling for various things (1-100 for mainspec, 1-50 for offspec, or 1-50 for items not on your primary list of items or such, or sometimes even rolls based on raid attendance). This is currently not possible to do in SWTOR. You either can go Loot Council etc. or Need/Greed.

How are you supposed to decide who gets the item if on Masterloot currently? Make them duel for it? ;-) Or fight some trash, and if something green drops, the same rolls used for the green are then to be used for the epic from before as well? ;-)

Edited by Kesitah

I'm really kind of surprised that a GM hasn't popped in to say something on the issue. Even something as simple as "it was intended for it to be implemented and their not sure why it's not working" would be nice. Pretty soon guilds are going to be clearing raid content and many use the /roll function in situations where 2-3 people deserve an item equally.

So we just did SD-0 in a full PUG, and it was set on masterlooter to prevent people from ninjaing loot that they couldnt use just for the mods.

Drop the boss, and then we find out there's no /roll feature. The hell is this? We had to have the masterlooter pick a number between 1 and 100 and have the people guess, which he could have easily lied about and given the loot to his buddies (not saying he did, just that its possible).

How is there NOT a /roll, or /random, or /dice feature? I mean come on guys.

Same story here. Got a PuG/guild group together to take down Coruscants' World Boss SD-O. Did it (woot Pirates vs Ninjas and Beastmode), and as I go to loot and tell ppl to roll there's nothing there. I like that class divided aspect of the Master Looter system, but that was all. There NEEDS to be a /roll function... and it really needs to be in the UI chat commands if it's not /roll.

I can see how a guild could know what loot goes to whom... but plz tell me we're not having guilds resort to point tracking and frustrating things like that. Needing for your companion is wayyy to tempting for most pugs, to keep ppl honest

Please implement this lifesaver of a command for all guild leaders everywhere!

So we just did SD-0 in a full PUG, and it was set on masterlooter to prevent people from ninjaing loot that they couldnt use just for the mods.

Drop the boss, and then we find out there's no /roll feature. The hell is this? We had to have the masterlooter pick a number between 1 and 100 and have the people guess, which he could have easily lied about and given the loot to his buddies (not saying he did, just that its possible).

How is there NOT a /roll, or /random, or /dice feature? I mean come on guys.

Exactly same thing here. Just did a full raid on SD-0 ok guys roll for *insert item here*... and people were asking how to Roll? I thought they were joking... Then we all realised that there was no roll command. Same thing here our leader decided to say whisper him and pick a number between 1-10 whats closest to the number in his head wins...

This must surely just be a big oversight.... Right? Needs to be fixed asap.

Please an official response to this issue would be greatly appreciated! I might be one person writing on the forums but there were 19 other unhappy people. Not everyone gets on here to say whats been happening. Please address this.

I could not agree more. /roll needs to be added. I was the Ops Leader in a First World Boss kill. We downed him and realized that /roll was not working. I had the ops members pick a number 1 through 10 and whoever was closest to the number got the item.

Please add /roll.

Thank you

Edited by Saberjuice