8man vs 16man NiM EC Discussion

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So am I getting this right? No guilds have cleared 16man EC NiM?

Yep, FriendlyFire and MoX seem to be the only 2 guilds on Kephess. From what I've seen, most guilds are finding tanks extremely hard (which they are). A lot of 16 man guilds have just dropped to 8 man due to the difficulty of 16 man.

So am I getting this right? No guilds have cleared 16man EC NiM?

You should be asking how many 16 man guilds actually trying to clear it? It seems like only a few guilds have gotten past the tanks, no clue if they are working on kephess on a nightly basis, or playing it more relax knowing the encounter is a pita.

MoX has been actively working on Kephess on 16m NiM. I can promise you as a guild that has pushed progression in the last tier and this tier we aren't simply "bad" or "messing things up". We have what I would consider a great group of top tier PVE players in our main raid. Our other raids and alt raids are doing 8m NiM content with ease. 16m is simply harder.

As someone who has done NiM EC on 8m now (alts) and as a guild that also does 8m in addition to our 16m (we have 5 raid groups) I can safely tell you that:

-ZnT: It's harder on 16m. Not by a ton, but definitely harder. Not worth talking about as 8m and 16m are not all that different and the difference can be overcome.

-Tanks: Way harder on 16m, by an entire magnitude of difficulty. It's not even comparable on 8m and 16m. You can make mistakes on 8m and still win. It is a fight that demands absolute perfection from your raid. If anyone dies or loses a lot of uptime, it's a wipe. Go watch our video, we have a raid full of nearly BiS people and we made 0 mistakes in the entire run and beat the DPS requirement by a mere second or two.

Anyone out there that says this isn't any harder on 16m compared to 8m... I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to find another 8m guild of similar progression and skill to your own and start attempting it to prove me wrong...

-Vorgath: Not worth talking about, it's a joke on both 8m and 16m.

-Kephess: Not going to reveal much here but I'll post more after we finally beat it on 16m.

Edited by DarkhorseForLife

I don't want to speak for Friendly Fire but I think I can safely say they are also actively working on the fight. Friendly Fire has historically proven itself to be a quality guild of progression raiders through the brief history of this game so far. Outside of that, I doubt other guilds are working on Kephess but I honestly don't think any other guilds have beat Tanks on 16m yet (if they have, they aren't reporting here or on server progression threads).

The real question is, how many guilds out there are actively working on tanks? My guess is more than a few 16m guilds hit the roadblock and took the easy road out (8m).

Our 16m progression raid group is seriously considering breaking into two to three 8m teams for farm mode once we have downed this last boss. That in itself should tell you something.

Edited by DarkhorseForLife

I don't want to speak for FriendlyFire but I think I can safely say they are also actively working on the fight. FriendlyFire has historically proven itself to be a quality guild of progression raiders through the brief history of this game so far. Outside of that, I doubt other guilds are working on Kephess but I honestly don't think any other guilds have beat Tanks on 16m yet (if they have, they aren't reporting here or on server progression threads).

You pretty much summed up what I think (I don't speak for the entire guild but the majority would agree with you). We made some good attempts on kephess tonight after not having any runs since last Wednesday and it is safe to say that it is a hard fight and that damn trandoshan phase CANNOT be easier/on the same level as 8man.

Moxboss I'll take you up on that challenge after I get my title this week:P

Please do :) Not trying to be a jerk by the way, legitimately want more interest in 16m. I really do just think that anyone out there who still thinks it's just as easy as 8m hasn't done it. Maybe I'm putting the blinders on, but I really don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, FriendlyFire and MoX seem to be the only 2 guilds on Kephess. From what I've seen, most guilds are finding tanks extremely hard (which they are). A lot of 16 man guilds have just dropped to 8 man due to the difficulty of 16 man.

I can honestly say that 16man is incredibly hard and provides a great challenge for those looking into end game raiding.

Edited by Aerro