Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt read all 15 pages or whatever, but are subs going to have to pay for section x or whatever its called? everything ive read says that its going to cost so many cartel coins...and the amount for the universal unlock is about the the 1850 im going to get for being day 1 sub. anyone have any insight?

I was wondering if we could exchange cartel coins for game time or is that out of the question. I do not have a character on a pts so the only information I have on it, is from these forums and have been unable to find out if this is possible?:confused:

who the hell would pay that kinda money????

Someone who wants to. Just because it might not be worth it to you, given your economic status and the value you ascribe to these virtual goods and services, does not mean that someone with different values and circumstances thinks the same.

who the hell would pay that kinda money????

You'd be suprised...

the Turbine model in DDO/LOTR offers packs around the same price for their ingame shop money and they are quite popular (particularly when they have bonus sales that give additional shop money for the same price)...

Some people really like to feel like they 'own' a game as opposed to 'renting it'. The key advantage about this if your sub lapses or you lose interest in a game you can easily come back in, say, 6 months and still have access to everything without having to resubscribe...

I will be looking very hard at the F2P model and if works out I can effectively buy access to what I need for the equivalent of 6 months sub or less (including my existing CC balance at launch) that is the way I will be going...

Any chance at a lower mod extraction cost this update?

No point to take part in the over emphasis or customizing a look if it costs players too much. :rolleyes:

No way should they lower the cost. Lowering the cost of items and Legacy bonuses is the worst thing they could do. If they keep lowering the cost of everything the credits would be pointless, the game is easy enough with all the quest objectives being on your map. There is no thinking involved in most of the quests except for should I choose option 1,2, or 3 in the conversations. Also I think lower exp. for F2P members is a bonus not a draw back. Leveling is way too easy in this game, so you are always updating your armour.

PLUS WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUSTOMISE THE VIBROKNIVES AND GENERATORS? nOW ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT LEARNT ALL THE PURPLE SCHEMATICS SO THEY COULD SELL THEM ARE IN A BIND AS EVERY1 WILL JUST GET THE ESSELLES AND BLACK TALON CUSTOMS.

PLEASE BIOWARE, DON'T MAKE THIS GAME ANY EASIER JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ASK FOR IT. IF IT IS TOO EASY PEOPLE GET BORED FAST. THE GAME IS FALLING INTO A REPETITIVE CYCLE.

Edited by Smiert_Adda

If you mean Subscriptions being cancelled, then answer is definitely NO. Us subs pay for things that F2P players simply will not be allowed access to. That's why we pay a subscription. To get EVERYTHING, when and where we want it. Simple as that.

what happens to people who have characters at or below lvl 50 and let their subscriptions lapse. do they lose them? can they still play the lower level characters with limited access?

No way should they lower the cost. Lowering the cost of items and Legacy bonuses is the worst thing they could do. If they keep lowering the cost of everything the credits would be pointless, the game is easy enough with all the quest objectives being on your map. There is no thinking involved in most of the quests except for should I choose option 1,2, or 3 in the conversations. Also I think lower exp. for F2P members is a bonus not a draw back. Leveling is way too easy in this game, so you are always updating your armour.

PLUS WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUSTOMISE THE VIBROKNIVES AND GENERATORS? nOW ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT LEARNT ALL THE PURPLE SCHEMATICS SO THEY COULD SELL THEM ARE IN A BIND AS EVERY1 WILL JUST GET THE ESSELLES AND BLACK TALON CUSTOMS.

PLEASE BIOWARE, DON'T MAKE THIS GAME ANY EASIER JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ASK FOR IT. IF IT IS TOO EASY PEOPLE GET BORED FAST. THE GAME IS FALLING INTO A REPETITIVE CYCLE.

Lol you're acting like my comment would bring the end of the world. People have greatly disliked the extration costs for many months.

" *Gasp* Some people are just asking simple questions; lets flip out like they shot my dog" :rolleyes: Some people.

All i can say is... get ready for tons of cheaters as with every EA game they say they ban cheaters but don't... Way to kill another great game.

christ. :p What's with all the negativity?

Edit: Only two days left! It's going to be so awesome to play with my friends.

Edited by Jorgoman

christ. :p What's with all the negativity?

Edit: Only two days left! It's going to be so awesome to play with my friends.

I've played several of EA's titles even some they swore would never go F2P and still did... I've seen what a EA F2P is. No update or at the least very small ones. No Banning especially the ones buying virtual credits and No customer support. So your asking why the negativity well let's just say they don't have a very good track record!

Edited by Swifz

I've played several of EA's titles even some they swore would never go F2P and still did... I've seen what a EA F2P is. No update or at the least very small ones. No Banning especially the ones buying virtual credits and No customer support. So your asking why the negativity well let's just say they don't have a very good track record!

Were those games produced by Lucas Arts, Bioware and EA collaboration?

I say not, therefore this is the first MMO F2P model of that collaboration so before we all get negative and rant about what ifs lets see what IS on the 15th of November 2012

I have read the threads in here (Most of them) and i wonder two thing. Is there 2 ways of playing SWTOR, continue as subscriber and get more of the game and a lesser version f2p? What will the deifferanse be and is it even worth continuing to subscribe?

Call me dumb but i can´t get that out of all the text.

Subscriber = play have you have been since launch and get a max of 500 Cartel Coins per month free with subscription.

F2P = play the game from level 1 - 50 without a subscription, but you will not be able to do side quests you will be limited with PVP and flashpoints i think 2 rounds of each per week. if you want more you have to use cartel coins that cost real cash.

If you are a subscriber and able to afford $0.50 per day then you would be wise to continue.