The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

This Mako actually sounded about right to me. She gets really catty sometimes.

She gets catty, but she's also struck me as having a firm morality which would stand at odds with Rixik. Of course I only really paid attention when I was levelling my Lightside Powertech, so that might be the bias of being a good-two-shoes talking.

She gets catty, but she's also struck me as having a firm morality which would stand at odds with Rixik. Of course I only really paid attention when I was levelling my Lightside Powertech, so that might be the bias of being a good-two-shoes talking.

Oh, I have no doubt Rixik is playing her like a fiddle, lol.

Night of the Living Prompt: Health (I think I'm done posting for this week...probably...maybe?)

Bad For Your Health

bh - Skari and crew

no specific spoilers, references to end of ch 1 bh but it doesn't actually reveal anything and this spoiler warning is probably way longer than it needs to be

Skari woke up slowly. The bed under her had been covered with a blanket that smelled slightly of tea, but did little to cushion the metal of the medical equipment. She heard mechanical breathing and looked over at the other bed. Torian was hooked up to a respirator, his body bruised, battered, wrapped in gauze, and reeking of kolto. She wrapped an arm across her still-healing wound and sat up, gasping at the pain. Mako came through the door in a rush.

"Oh thank goodness, you're awake," she said, "Lay back down before you hurt yourself."

"Gault? Blizz?"

"They're fine, minor injuries," Mako said, checking Skari's wound, "Crae got them out."

"Crae?" Skari vaguely remembered him saying something about cubs, but the rest was a fuzzy blank.

"Couldn't believe it when he came back in carrying Torian, Gault and Blizz in tow. Checked on you, threatened me again, and then left."

"He's gone?" Skari asked, surprised at the way her stomach had bottomed out.

"Muttered something about kolto tanks and left. Most of his gear's still here though, even most of his knives. I think he's coming back."

Skari scowled at the blip her heart did. Stupid. Always the stupid with that man. She looked over at Torian. "We could use a kolto tank."

Mako walked over to her boyfriend's side, "He's in rough shape. Gault tells me he refused to surrender when Nadras's security teams flooded the area. Fought till he blacked out."

Skari smiled sadly. "Surrender really isn't his style," she said.

"I don't know if I can do this," Mako said quietly, running her fingers through Torian's hair, "be with a Mandalorian."

"It's not an easy life," Skari said.

"He was talking about kids the other day. Wants to raise them as Mandalorians," Mako hiccuped a little, her breathing hitching, "I love him, but I don't think I can do that."

Skari was silent. Relationships weren't her thing, but she did know Mandalorians, and more than that, she knew Torian. Raising his children to be Mandalorian wasn't negotiable.

"Not the time to make those decisions," she finally said, "let's get him back on his feet first."

Mako nodded, wiping away the tears that had been sliding down her cheek. "You're right. You need to lay down, rest."

Skari slowly lowered herself back down, the deep aching pain in her gut intensifying and then fading slightly. "Did he really go after kolto tanks?"

Mako shook her head, "That man is crazy."

Author's Note:

Mako and Torian's relationship just always seemed like an odd thing. So we shall see what the future brings, hehe.

Author's Note:

Mako and Torian's relationship just always seemed like an odd thing. So we shall see what the future brings, hehe.

Odd is definitely an understatement (not that I'm biased or anything ;) )

Btw, I also enjoy reading your BH a lot! :D

Edited by EverSteam

Oh, poor Crae, still confused. Of course he’s getting the kolto tank in case he’s the one that needs it next time. Of course. I’m really enjoying the ‘what the hell am I doing here’ vibe from Crae right now.

Haven’t seen Mako with Torian, but she’s supposed to really like bounty hunters. I suppose that’s what she sees in Torian. I don’t have Torian yet, so that’s a guess.

Oh, I have no doubt Rixik is playing her like a fiddle, lol.

Rixik is absolutely playing her like a fiddle.

Strangely, her interests line up fairly well for affection gain purposes. I expected to end up bribing her with gifts a lot (with Rixik, it really does feel like bribing as opposed to a game mechanic) but I don’t lose affection nearly as often as my Agent did with Kaliyo. She has quite the mercenary interior underneath the goody-goody exterior.

Heck, had this sitting around, I’ll call it Night of the Living Dead Prompt: Tools of the Trade. Even though I haven’t really started Mako’s romance arc yet.

Mako returned his embrace, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She stroked the back of his neck between his lekku. Her slender fingers traced a pair of shallow, parallel scars on either side of his spine. She cocked an eyebrow, “A slave collar?” she asked.

Rixik snorted softly, “I’m a Twi’lek. That’s a birthmark,” he said.

Mako giggled. She ran a finger down the scar on his cheek, “What about this one?” she asked.

He met her gaze with his violet eyes, “Backhanded for not making spice quota when I was a kid,” he said. He shifted his hands to her waist.

“On Ryloth?” she asked.

“Rori,” he said, bending in for a kiss, “never been to Ryloth.”

Mako pulled back, “Funny. You told Gault you got it in a knife fight on Nar Shaddaa,” she said, still smiling.

“Which version sounds sexier to you?” he asked.

She giggled again and shook her head, “You are a bad man, Jesp Rixik,” she said, poking him lightly at the base of his throat.

“Yes I am,” he agreed.

@LogicLoup: The family dynamic feels so incredibly strong that one can't help but hope things take an upswing for Maneera. Made me a little teary :)

@elliotcat: Much empathy with everything you're going through :( hope it all works itself out and life eases up on you (and your kitties...you sure you don't live on the other side of my evil cat-hating neighbor?) *hugs*

@kabeone: Lovely. Melancholy. Yet more *ahem* watering eyes. Yeah, I broke down and read it, gave into temptation. I now feel a little bit giddy about jumping into Remi's world without my former hesitation :)

@Hoyden: Yup, succumbed to yet more temptation. Bengal as obsessed stalker? Creepy, but- bwahahahahaha!!!! :D That Scourge put up with it for as long as he did...

More Crae! This I really like. Never got a glimpse of the Mako-Torian relationship. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

@Striges: :) thank you. It'll be a tough road for that triangle for a while yet. And yes, when I rolled the character "Morrigan" was, of course, taken. Oddly, it wasn't until later in the game storyline that the full significance of the original name choice actually hit me.

Xathras is a piece of work- "have Jaesa take notes"- oh my. It's troubling that he's a tad alluring depite his ew factor. Same goes for Rixik. Bad influences make for addictive reading ;) and I'm fond of your Mako, much more so than I was/am with my merc.

(trying to keep up, if I missed anyone I apologize; have the flu and my son is also ill, so the rest of the week will be spent divided between taking care of him and myself and reading and writing whenever I feel like it/ get a break/ my significant other is off work...game time, meh, unless I just decide to log in and wander around Voss for inspiration)

All My Love to Long Ago (Maneera Sindri, I love this bar)

minor spoilers for Smuggler chapter 1

Dealer’s Den cantina, Coruscant. 10 ATC.

Much to her relief and pride, Maneera held back the shudder until after they’d left the private room. For all their apparent differences, Pollaran was just another Jax. Better looking, maybe, and definitely slicker, but under the polish was the same greedy stare.

“You alright there, Captain?” Corso, bless his big dumb farmboy heart, had that white knight look in his eye. Again. Maneera resisted the urge to pat him on the head.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Your buddy back there just reminds me of an old business partner.” She could see the inevitable question coming together, so she headed it off with one of her own. “You up for a drink? I think we’ve earned ourselves a little celebration.”

“If you reckon we can spare the time,” Corso replied with an eager-puppy grin.

“After what that slicer girl did to Skavak’s record, he’s gonna be tied up for a long while.” As Corso started ambling toward the bar, Maneera grabbed him by the elbow and hauled him to the front door. She needed to get out of here, out of this place that reeked of Pollaran’s slimy charm. “Come on. I know a better place.”

Maneera tried, without much success, to bite back a snicker at the dismayed look on Corso’s face when the cabbie demanded danger pay, up front, on top of their regular fare. She handed over the credstick with a grin. When the cab pulled up to a grimy dive ten levels below the Senate tower spaceport, the cabbie promised to pray for their safety. Corso paled; Maneera laughed outright and tossed the driver an extra tip.

The same old sign flickered above the doorway — a mynock lounging along the lintel, grinning in contentment as one wing fluttered to pat its distended belly. A pair of Rodians staggered arm-in-arm into the perpetual dusk of the lower levels. Inside, badly synthesized swing played just loud enough to blur the edges of furtive conversations; dusty yellow lights shone down on the tables below in fuzzy-edged cones. Maneera surveyed the room. Her searching look exploded into a bright, sudden smile as she beelined for an empty booth, dragging Corso along behind her.

“I wouldn’t have picked you for this kind of place, Captain,” said Corso as he eased onto the cracked faux-leatheris seat.

A waitress ambled up. “Whatever won’t outright kill me — don’t bother with dosing it out, I’ll take the bottle,” Maneera replied to the girl’s mutely questioning glare. “And a draught for the kid here.” The waitress nodded and wandered up to the bar.

“I guess it’s maybe a little upscale.” Maneera returned her attention to Corso. “But the Bloated Mynock’s next-best to home. Had my first drink here. First kiss. First fight.” She snickered. “All over a stretch of a couple hours. Best birthday party I’ve ever had.”

Corso’s eyes went saucer-wide. “You were in a bar fight?”

“Yup. Started right here in this very booth.” The waitress returned, glassware chattering on her tray as she tilted it to maintain some kind of precarious balance. Maneera smiled and slipped a credstick into the pocket of the girl’s apron while she was occupied with doling out their drinks. “Matthew threw the first punch, I got in the last one.” She poured herself a shot and knocked it back. Just like she remembered, her throat felt like she’d been gargling with rocket fuel. “And I deserved every hit along the way.”

“What’d you do?” Corso took a cautious sip of his half-liter.

“Kissed his cousin.” Maneera grinned proudly. “Full on the mouth, tongue and everything.”

“That doesn’t sound like something worth starting a fight over.”

Maneera poured herself another shot. Rather than downing it right away, she tilted the glass this way and that, watching the alcohol slowly collapse from where it clung to the sides of the glass. “We were all a bunch of dumb kids, and we were ridiculously drunk on...” She raised her glass, smirking. “I still don’t know what this is.” She paused, shaking her head. “Matthew had just enlisted and was gonna be shipping out the next morning. He asked me to wait for him... friends for damn near forever, and it takes half a bottle of rotgut and the threat of facing down the Empire to move him to do anything about it.”

“If my girl went kissin’ another man after I’d proposed to her, I reckon I’d be mad too,” Corso pouted, taking another drink of his beer.

“I tried telling Matthew I wasn’t really into him — not enough to promise myself to a lifelong ‘maybe,’ anyway. He just kept on about how happy we’d be if I’d just wait till the war was over and he came back home.” Maneera shrugged. “I figured if he wasn’t listening to words, only thing I could do was show him what I meant.”

“I guess,” Corso allowed, reluctantly.

“Okay, so maybe it wasn’t the most outstandingly tactful thing I’ve ever done.” Maneera downed her shot, poured another. “But in my defense, I’ll remind you that I was A) sixteen, B) plastered, and C) crushing like mad.”

“Your fella’s cousin?” Corso smiled wistfully. It figured the kid would be a sucker for romance.

“Yeah. ‘swhy I kissed her.”

“Her?”

“Uh-huh.”

“You kissed a girl.”

“Yep.”

“After a boy just asked for your hand.”

“Pretty much, yeah.”

“On the mouth?”

“I figured I might as well go for broke. The first twenty, thirty seconds were a little awkward, seeing as I had no idea what I was doing. Ana was a fantastic tutor, though.”

“In this booth?”

Maneera nodded, then burst out laughing again as Corso scooted out to the far end of the bench, trying to shore up his delicate sensibilities with a long pull from his glass. Warm memories, questionable booze, weirding out the farmboy. Good times.

Maneera nodded, then burst out laughing again as Corso scooted out to the far end of the bench, trying to shore up his delicate sensibilities with a long pull from his glass. Warm memories, questionable booze, weirding out the farmboy. Good times.

I liked this little slice-of-life reminiscence. Props for noticing the flavor text near the taxi on Coruscant. And then there’s needling Corso. Good times indeed.

Night of the Living Dead Prompt: Teachers

Characters: Jurial (JC), Master Yuon

Title: Erroneous Conclusions

Set after Faith (as well as the laundry silliness), early Consular story. Spoilers for a general Tython quest.

Master Yuon set down the datapad, “Who is she?” she asked.

She who? Jurial’s arguments were generic, not referencing a specific couple or even relationship, “I don’t understand, Master,” he said.

Yuon favored him with a kindly look, “Is it a he then? The object of your affections?”

“Master?” He’d been thinking of the Zabrak and the Human, but their respective masters were to deal with them. He’d been careful to keep names out of his writing. It seemed to him that the secret was the important issue. The padawans’ shared secret. Their masters wishing to find out through subterfuge. Only because of the doctrine, not the relationship itself.

“It really doesn’t matter either way, padawan,” Master Yuon said, handing back the datapad.

Jurial took it, “I’m…confused.” Yuon did not seem to understand his concerns.

Master Yuon sat back in her chair, “Every Jedi must come to terms with the doctrine of non-attachment. Most confront it as padawans, as you are now. You find yourself attracted to someone. I presume this person returns your feelings?”

Jurial stared at the datapad containing his arguments. “There is no one, Master, I was trying to examine the issue from an outside perspective. As we are encouraged to do.”

Master Yuon smiled again, that soft, compassionate expression, “I will admit, your arguments are more well-reasoned than most. You’ve thought through this really quite well, and I must commend you on that. But Jurial,” she leaned forward and steepled her fingers, “I reiterate. Every Jedi goes through exactly what you are going through now. Every one. Every one then questions the doctrine of non-attachment. Every one argues against it. Because it must be different for your case. I assure you, Jurial, it is not. You must decide which is more important to you, your commitment to the Order, a commitment not lightly put aside, or your feelings for this other person.”

“Master Yuon,” Jurail objected, “That’s not at all why I brought my concerns to you.” He wanted her opinions on his questions. About the Force, the will of the Force. How could something that existed within all life, connected all life, desire that the beings that felt it most strongly be so apart from others? And if correct, how did it apply in the larger sense?

Master Yuon sighed, “Of course not. When you are ready to confide in me, I will be here. In the meantime, I’d like you to study the writings of Master Simikarty and Master Odan-Urr. In addition, I’d like you to examine the Collected Arguments of Masters Vrook Lamar and Vandar Tokare. I believe these texts will prove enlightening.”

Jurial stood and bowed, “Yes, Master Yuon.” He had hoped for a more productive conversation.

Yuon’s lips tightened into a thin line, “Jurial, this is a serious matter. Many Jedi have been led to the dark side through what they perceive as true love. But this seemingly positive emotion is also at the root of jealousy and possessiveness, of blindness and irrationality. The doctrines prohibiting attachment as well as the others you question exist for very good reasons. Meditate on those reasons.”

“Yes, Master Yuon.” Perhaps he would find wisdom in the texts she suggested. Did not a master understand her padawan’s needs, even when the student thought the exercise irrelevant?

“And Jurial?”

“Yes, Master?”

“Do keep an open mind.”

@hoyden - Torian/Mako has always struck me as an object lesson in "be careful what you wish for." Mako makes no secret of being a squealing Mando fangirl, so in makes sense that she'd go for Torian. But the thing is, while Mako knows a fair bit of the who and what of Mandalorian culture, she doesn't really understand the whys and hows beneath that surface layer of fact, so there are bound to be moments like the one here, where she's confronted with something she either didn't know or didn't think much about (because really, "thoughtful" is not a Mako word), and the implications of her infatuation just kinda drop onto her like a ton of bricks.

@Striges - I'm struck once again by the impression that, for a contemplative order, the Jedi don't really do much actual thinking. This is after Faith, so Yuon should know that Jurial is given to philosophical pursuits; surely it's more consistent with his character to be pursuing an abstract line of reasoning than to be trying to justify a secret romance? *sigh and shake head at Yuon* "Logic! Why don't they teach logic at these schools?"

@ Stirges Well done. In so many ways the Jedi Code is so contrary. I find it easier to be a light side Sith than a light side Jedi lol and the Rixik story, yeah, he is so duping Mako who always seem such a innocent to me. and have Jaesa take notes? hehehe.

@ LogicLoup - I love how Maneera makes Corso squirm and the previous piece. so poignant

@ Hoyden - ooooh fun in the sun.. so to speak. and Aric and Sana at pool love the end.

@ Kabe - your Seasons it was such lovely imagery I could see as clearly as if it were one of your fabulous drawing.

@ Eversteam - your Quinn interactions are fab

@t thatghost - I feel a bit sorry for Doc. and Rusk... I am glad you rescued him from the dancer

@ Fino. - Ald & Quinn.. I don't think I need to say more :)

For some reason work is just sucking the creativity out of me. I have sat to write some many times in the last week and my mind is a total blank. I hope to get back into the swing of it soon

@ Elliotcat and Magdalene /hugs good thoughts your way that things get better. Magadalene check your PMs if you see this.

Quick little piece of fluff before the new prompts roll in.

Reference Librarian (Necro-prompt: parenthood)

Maneera Sindri, no spoilers

Senate Plaza spaceport, Coruscant. 0 ATC.

The four of them stood in the spaceport — Jerec and Irialle, Maneera and Conor — half-listening to boarding calls for outbound shuttles, waiting for the moment that inched slowly closer.

“You’re really sure about this?” Maneera asked.

“I still have a job to do,” Jerec replied, smiling. “And besides, this will have me in a position to keep a discreet watch over a pair of promising young Jedi.”

“You’ll remember to call, won’t you?” Irialle added. It was not a question.

“I promise, Mom.”

“Now boarding flight 786, service to Tython.”

Irialle laid a hand gently on Jerec’s arm; he nodded in acknowledgment, then fixed Conor in a glare that was somehow no less fierce for being eyeless. “Captain Breslin.”

“Yes sir?”

“Should the notion ever occur to you to mistreat my daughter, I would like you to bear something in mind. I am an archivist for the Jedi Order. This gives me virtually unquestioned access to the broadest and deepest collection of knowledge in the galaxy. What I do not know, I can learn in short order.” Jerec leaned in, his voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper. “You do not want to test me in this.”

“Sir,” Conor replied, “if anything happens to Mans on my watch, I’d concede to whatever recompense you considered appropriate.”

After a long, thoughtful moment, Jerec gave a solemn nod, then shouldered his and his wife’s bags and started for the departure gate.

“They’d never find the body, you know,” said Irialle brightly as she patted Conor on the shoulder.

Maneera watched her parents go, grinning fondly. “I think they like you.”

Edited by LogicLoup

Striges -

She giggled again and shook her head, “You are a bad man, Jesp Rixik,” she said, poking him lightly at the base of his throat.

“Yes I am,” he agreed.

It's not that I hate Mako. It's just that she's irritating on occasion and so, on occasion, I like to see her in trouble. And Rixik is definitely trouble lol.

LogicLoup - Maneera visiting old stomping grounds was great. Poor Corso - so completely out of his element lol.

Striges #2 - I love Jurial's mind and the way he considers things that are beyond the here and now. And this:

“And Jurial?”

“Yes, Master?”

“Do keep an open mind.”

Ah, irony, lol.

LogicLoup #2 - This is fabulous, hehehe! People really should not get on the bad side of librarians - we KNOW things (and as Irialle points out, what we don't know we can find :D) Fabulous!

Hello! I am behind on indexing and reading and commenting. I think everyone has had a hectic week. For this week's prompts I thought I'd keep the Night of the Living Prompt going and add a new one.

Week of 12/7/12

As Time Goes By - No matter where you are in your character's story they are probably quite different from when they started. Maybe some are ready to settle down and others are starting to feel the passage of time. (All that Force leaping can't be good for the knees!) Has your character noticed any changes or have they stayed the same while others changed around them? Tell us about it.

Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story!

Hello! I am behind on indexing and reading and commenting. I think everyone has had a hectic week. For this week's prompts I thought I'd keep the Night of the Living Prompt going and add a new one.

Week of 12/7/12

As Time Goes By - No matter where you are in your character's story they are probably quite different from when they started. Maybe some are ready to settle down and others are starting to feel the passage of time. (All that Force leaping can't be good for the knees!) Has your character noticed any changes or have they stayed the same while others changed around them? Tell us about it.

Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story!

I move we keep Night of the Living Dead as a permanent feature, with only one "new" prompt per week. More flexibility, and more time to polish stuff for us chronic procrastinators.

And I didn't get to do a cantina this week.

@ LogicLoup: Mama bear librarian! Seriously, though, I like the fluff. Maneera's family is still her family, they still treat her as family. Another little snapshot, like a random photo in an old album.

Double-posting again.

Prompt: As Time Goes By, or maybe Zombie Prompt: Rites of Passage.

Character: Jurial (JC)

Title: Leaving Tython

Occurs after Erroneous Conclusions. Spoilers for Jedi Consular Tython.

I may need to make Jurial his own thread to explore some of these issues, rather than only post them in the short fic thread. This one is important for him, but doesn’t really fit the prompt. *shivers in fear at the thought of making my own thread*

Jurial’s Journal, Entry One.

Leaving Tython.

To feel the Force is a gift. A profound gift. I cannot imagine being without it any more than my eyes or hands. But we treat it like a curse or disease. We isolate ourselves from society. We quarantine children from their families, assuring the parents it is for the best. Neither child nor parent has the option to say no.

Nalen Raloch is Force-sensitive. He gave up everything to protect his people. Yes, he fell to the dark side's influence, but so have Jedi, and for less noble reasons. The Council would see him trained as a Jedi. But how can I take him from his people? All he was, all he became, was for them. They love and support him for that. Nalen Raloch believed his goddess called him to the role of protector. We would remake him in our own image. Why can we not teach him to be the protector he wishes to be, and let him serve his people as the Jedi serve the Republic?

Qyzen follows me out of devotion to his goddess, the Scorekeeper. I believe this is an error. I do not believe in his goddess. I am uncomfortable with the tenets of his religion as I understand it. I do not wish to mislead him. But I cannot take away his belief of me as Herald without also taking away his faith. I will not do that. I do not perceive his Scorekeeper. He does not perceive the Force.

Were I a Trandoshan child, what would I make of the soft, old things who say my Goddess’ gift is the Force, and they will show me the best ways to use it?

I am a Jedi. I am supposed to have answers. All I have are questions.

Edited by Striges

A little late. Just a blurb for the Prompt - I love this Bar.

Irrissa - Imperial Agent

(this is also a little glimpse of Monthly Meet n Greet & Guild Rush I host on Prophecy of the Five Server)

Warning. This is filled with screenshots to illustrate :) Hope you don't mind

Slippery Slopes Cantina.

Irrissa paused in the doorway to take in the familiar sights. It never failed to amaze her, all the folks that intermingled here. She made it a point to stop in during the last week of the month no matter where she was, what she was doing.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov20125.jpg

The regular crowd was there. The beautiful Chiss bounty hunter who often joined her on the dance floor. A pair of female Jedi, Clubber and Stella, who were always together, one fierce and glowering, the other always laughing.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/NovClubbernStella-1.jpg

She nodded at a fellow agent, Freida who moved from the shadow of the stage to link arms with a large intimidating looking man named Cervantez, arms crossed watching the revelry. They had helped her out on a few assignments.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov20128.jpg

The music was loud, pulsing. Smoke caused a haze in the air. Cartel security roamed the room,ready to remove trouble before it started.

Jedi and Sith,smugglers,bounty hunters, Imperial troops, Republic troops, and general citizens all talking, drinking, dancing enjoying this insular world, if only for an evening.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201212.jpg

A group that seemed to be working together came in to blow off some steam. A couple of troopers and Jedi, they sat at a table near the bar downing shot after shot. She bought them couple rounds as they seemed to be having a great time. It amused her greatly as she delivered a round to their table that they exclaimed they would dance for her in return. Sure enough a few minutes later the men were up on the stage, shirtless no less, putting on quite the show.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/RCTG2RM.jpg

Before long a contingent of Party Jawas joined the shenanigans adding to the merry mayhem in their own unique way.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201219.jpg

She circulated, chatted up folks she knew,stored away all tidbits that would be useful for the future. (she was after all still an agent and knowledge was power) then tossed back her drink and went to join the Chiss Alli on the dance floor.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201229.jpg

Tomorrow she would be back to working on her assignments but for tonight she would relax and have some fun.

We always have great fun each month. Its been a place for unguilded and guild recruiters to meet and since both factions can hang out without any unwanted PvP it just a big ole party with only consensual dueling. If you have a character on PotF that can get to Nar Shadaa you are always welcome to drop in. Its held the last Friday of each month 9:00 pm server time (EST)

A little late. Just a blurb for the Prompt - I love this Bar.

Irrissa - Imperial Agent

(this is also a little glimpse of Monthly Meet n Greet & Guild Rush I host on Prophecy of the Five Server)

Warning. This is filled with screenshots to illustrate :) Hope you don't mind

Slippery Slopes Cantina.

Irrissa paused in the doorway to take in the familiar sights. It never failed to amaze her, all the folks that intermingled here. She made it a point to stop in during the last week of the month no matter where she was, what she was doing.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov20125.jpg

The regular crowd was there. The beautiful Chiss bounty hunter who often joined her on the dance floor. A pair of female Jedi, Clubber and Stella, who were always together, one fierce and glowering, the other always laughing.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/NovClubbernStella-1.jpg

She nodded at a fellow agent, Freida who moved from the shadow of the stage to link arms with a large intimidating looking man named Cervantez, arms crossed watching the revelry. They had helped her out on a few assignments.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov20128.jpg

The music was loud, pulsing. Smoke caused a haze in the air. Cartel security roamed the room,ready to remove trouble before it started.

Jedi and Sith,smugglers,bounty hunters, Imperial troops, Republic troops, and general citizens all talking, drinking, dancing enjoying this insular world, if only for an evening.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201212.jpg

A group that seemed to be working together came in to blow off some steam. A couple of troopers and Jedi, they sat at a table near the bar downing shot after shot. She bought them couple rounds as they seemed to be having a great time. It amused her greatly as she delivered a round to their table that they exclaimed they would dance for her in return. Sure enough a few minutes later the men were up on the stage, shirtless no less, putting on quite the show.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/RCTG2RM.jpg

Before long a contingent of Party Jawas joined the shenanigans adding to the merry mayhem in their own unique way.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201219.jpg

She circulated, chatted up folks she knew,stored away all tidbits that would be useful for the future. (she was after all still an agent and knowledge was power) then tossed back her drink and went to join the Chiss Alli on the dance floor.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/Rissa_DL/Star%20Wars%20The%20Old%20Republic/Prophecy%20of%20the%20Five%20Meet%20n%20Greets/November%202012/Nov201229.jpg

Tomorrow she would be back to working on her assignments but for tonight she would relax and have some fun.

We always have great fun each month. Its been a place for unguilded and guild recruiters to meet and since both factions can hang out without any unwanted PvP it just a big ole party with only consensual dueling. If you have a character on PotF that can get to Nar Shadaa you are always welcome to drop in. Its held the last Friday of each month 9:00 pm server time (EST)

:D I feel so awesome when I make it in to peoples' fics one way or another.

Okay. Catching up from a busy week myself. I still love you guys, even when I go flaky AWOL!

@Striges, I love Varrel's voice. Ever so much. And I was so glad to see the old headcanon thread stuff return. I had forgotten the Rixik one, but Varrel was familiar. <3 And then, Master Yuon: Projecting much? Jurial's observation that "I am a Jedi. I am supposed to have answers. All I have are questions" is something I feel more Jedi should come to. Even people raised rigidly in one belief system will start wondering. Finally, I would sign up for any thread you made. Once I remember to check the fic forum in general instead of just skipping to my subscriptions. (I'm secretly terrible at supporting my fellow authors.)

@Magdalane, my thoughts are with you and your son. Whatever else happens, it is a good thing to come home.

@LogicLoup, some wonderful descriptive prose in Maneera's entry. And a very nice realization of Maneera's ability to see what she couldn't understand the night she ran away. The cantina story...well, "Warm memories, questionable booze, weirding out the farmboy. Good times." I suddenly have nothing to add about smugglers. Ever. Perfect. Also, I like the way Conor Breslin talks. I like a lot about him.

@elliotcat, best of luck with all the beginnings coming your way.

@kabeone, Scourge...how very long a life he'll have to live. Feeling nothing would almost be easier.

@iamthehoyden, Scourge is never one to suffer fools. Gladly or any other way. As for Skari, well, "Skari scowled at the blip her heart did. Stupid. Always the stupid with that man." I sympathize.

@Irrissa, relaxing...with visual aids! Looks like a good time :)

I suppose that after six months of posting fic nearly daily, it's no surprise that writer's block would eventually strike. Even my addictive tendencies have their limits. Carry on, all!

Oh, thank you for the Night of the Living Prompt; it'll allow me to do some major catch-up. (Striges, I love your idea of keeping the NotLP a permanent prompt.)

I'm sorry for disappearing temporarily - first, Hurricane Sandy hit hours after I posted my last story, and I've also joined a new raiding guild in That Other Game, which has been taking up most of my game time as of late - but I've actually got a lot of random half-finished ideas running through my head that I'd like to share with you guys soon. Be afraid ... be very afraid. :D

Also, while I'm here -- hi everyone, I've missed you <3

Edited by Ereiniel

Night of the Living Prompt: Family; incorporating elements of I Love This Bar.

This is the first in a series of introductions, because I have way too many characters, each with their own story to tell.

Introducing Andrina, smuggler extraordinaire. With Andronikos Revel, Ariena, and a non-speaking cameo from Corso Riggs. This is nowhere near Andrina’s favorite experience in a cantina, per se, but a memorable one nonetheless. A few Smuggler and SI story elements, but nothing I’d call full-on spoilers. The general details of Andronikos’ backstory are from the SW:TOR Encyclopedia. 1,800 words.

--

Andy and Andie

Andronikos sauntered into the dimly lit cantina and made his way, by the light of a dilapidated and nearly dying “Live Music” neon sign, to a blonde girl in a brown leather jacket, sitting in the far corner with her feet on the small table. She was accompanied by a dark-haired boy about her age.

“Hey, Rogue.”

The blonde girl greeted him with a smile. “Hey, Silvershot.”

“Who’s your friend?” Andronikos squinted in the dimness at the boy sitting with her.

“This is Corso. Met him during a run on Ord Mantell, now he’s part of my crew. Corso, this is my half-brother, Andronikos.” The girl cocked her head at the empty seat next to her. “Yeah, yeah, I know, we look nothing alike – I unfortunately missed out on the dark exotic looks. Different moms.”

“Hey,” Andronikos said to the boy with a small nod as he sat down, then turned back to the girl. “Andrina, uh, thanks for meeting me here.”

“Nice place,” Andrina replied, swinging her legs off the table. “Not what I’d have picked, but it was your call. So, what’s up?”

“Not much. Busted out of Imperial prison a year and a half ago, got rid of all those guys that betrayed me, and got myself a spot on a ship. Nice deal. I got myself a girl too.” Andronikos picked up a bottle of Corellian ale from a passing mobile drink service droid that looked just as run-down as the rest of the cantina. “So, I hear you’re trading under dear stepmom’s maiden name now.”

Andrina nodded. “Well, there’s really only room in the galaxy for one Andy Revel, and you had the name first.”

“Heh, I got thirteen years on you with that name,” said Andronikos with a sardonic grin. “So you’re ‘Andrina Girard’ now, then? Not too bad, I guess, if that’s your thing.”

“Only professionally, but yes. Glad you approve,” Andrina said. “I’m sure you didn’t ask me to this awful cantina just to chat, Andy. I know you better than that. You need something from me, don’t you?”

“Down to business right away, huh. Well, you know that girl I just told you about? I’m gonna ask her to marry me.”

Andrina smiled, hoping that this interesting new development would make him less rough around the edges. “Congratulations. Tell me about this lucky girl.”

“Not much to say, really. Met her on Tatooine when she was looking for some artifact I’d gotten.” Andronikos shrugged. The only thing he cared to remember about that period of his life was that he’d met Ariena then. The rest he could do without. “She helped me find and kill my mutinous crew, and I helped her get that thing. We’ve kinda been together ever since.”

“Sounds romantic.” Andrina finished off her drink. Corso whispered something in her ear, then got up and made his way unsteadily toward the restrooms. She smiled. “I bet you anything he’s going to come on to me later tonight when we get back to the ship. He does that when he’s drunk.”

“Sounds romantic,” Andronikos returned smartly.

“Oh, shut up.” Andrina rolled her eyes. He could be so irritating sometimes, but she supposed that was what older brothers were for. “Alright, so you want to marry this girl. What do you need me for? You’re not here to ask for my approval or whatever … are you?”

Andronikos looked a bit uneasy. It was traditionally not in his nature to settle down or anything like that – he thrived on adventure and action – but Ariena was different somehow. “I need a ring to give her. All the places I know are on Coruscant or back home on Corellia, and I ain’t going back there.”

“Well, you’re in luck,” Andrina replied, taking a light blue pouch out of her jacket pocket and waving it in front of her. “My friend Risha and I were on our way to Port Nowhere to put these up on the black market when you called. It’s a bunch of her old stuff she didn’t want anymore, stuff she felt she didn’t need after reclaiming her birthright and all that. She gave me first dibs, of course. Like my earrings?”

“Uh-huh, yeah, sure,” Andronikos said, keeping his eyes fixed on the blue pouch. “So what else do you have in there?”

“Rings, necklaces, you name it. Mostly jewelry but a few other items too. We’ve also got a couple of bigger things in my cargo. You interested?” Andrina looked at him hopefully. The vorantikus egg in the cargo bay was starting to creep her out.

“Maybe next time, huh. I’m just interested in what’s in there.” Andronikos jerked his head toward the bag she was holding.

Andrina tugged the pouch strings open and peered inside. “Don’t worry, it’s all very good. Much higher quality than you’ll find pretty much anywhere outside of Coronet Jewelers or the Old Galactic Market. And I can guarantee they’re all real. None of that fake plastoid gem stuff.”

“Heh, I wasn’t worried about that. That’s why I came to you, Andie. You may be a smuggler, but I know you do honest business.”

“Thanks,” Andrina said with a smile. “Means a lot coming from you. So what’s her favorite color?”

“Pink,” Andronikos replied immediately.

“Pink?” Andrina laughed. “You’re full of surprises, Andy. First you surprise me by telling me you’re planning to settle down, now you’re telling me she’s a girly girl.”

Andronikos grinned. He really was happy, something he never thought he would be after all he’d been through. “Yeah, you wouldn’t really expect that from a Sith, but there you are.”

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Andrina looked up sharply, dropping the necklace she was holding back into the pouch.

“A Sith. Probably should’ve mentioned that before, huh.” The smile disappeared from Andronikos’ face as he shifted uneasily in his chair. Maybe coming here wasn’t such a good idea after all.

“A Sith? Are you kidding?” Andrina said incredulously. She and her half-brother didn’t necessarily always get along, or see eye-to-eye on some things, but he was still family, and that counted for something. “You know that she’s going to chew you up and spit you out, right, when she’s done with you? That’s what Sith do. You know that, Andy. What about Casey? Why don’t you call her and see what she’s up to?”

“Casey and I broke up a long time ago. We’re just friends now.”

“I liked her, you know,” Andrina pressed. “Dad liked her too.”

Andronikos glared at her. “Just. Friends.”

“Alright, alright, that’s fine – but come on, Andy, why are you doing this instead? Of all people, a Sith?” Andrina shook her head sadly. “It goes against everything you spent years fighting for.”

“What do you want me to say? Because I love her and she completes me?” Andronikos crossed his arms. “No. I spent years fighting for a Republic that repaid my service by hanging me out to dry and sending my squad straight into an Imperial ambush. I barely got out with my ship and my life. Bet daddy didn’t tell you that. What did he say instead? Told you I was some sort of war hero, huh?”

“He didn’t tell me anything,” Andrina said in a small voice.

“Damn right he didn’t tell you anything,” Andronikos said, his voice getting louder. Some cantina patrons turned in their direction to watch. “He didn’t want it to get out that a big CEC official’s son went AWOL from the Republic Navy out of spite or whatever it is they say about deserters. Yeah, right. I left the Republic behind because they failed me. I’m better off where I am now, away from all of that.”

Andrina stood up to face him, matching him glare for glare. “Stop it, you know the Republic isn’t like that. You loved running those dangerous missions, and you knew full well the risks that came with them. They weren’t out to get you then and they’re not out to get you now. I’m contracting out to the Republic now and they’ve been nothing but great. They’re even willing to turn the other way when I make my trips to Port Nowhere.”

“Lucky you,” Andronikos said sarcastically. “I’m done with them. Like it or not, Andie, I’m with a Sith now. She treats me better than any of the Republic ever did.”

“Ha. That’s not saying much, is it? She’s only keeping you around as long as you amuse her. And when she’s done with you …” Andrina made a stabbing motion with her hand. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“I really don’t give a **** what you think, Andie,” Andronikos snapped. “You don’t know what it’s like to be betrayed by the people you thought were your friends. The Republic abandoned me, so I’ve abandoned the Republic. I don’t need you, or Dad, or anyone else. I’ve chosen my side. You’ve chosen yours.”

“Fine, Andy. Whatever. I’m going to agree to disagree with you and move on. And by move on, I mean never speak to you again. You’ve made it clear that you’re intent on leaving our family and everything you stand for behind because of – yeah, out of spite. Like you said.” Andrina reached into the pouch and threw a small metal something at Andronikos’ face. “There. Risha’s sloppy seconds. Enjoy your Sith and enjoy your life. I hope she chokes on it.”

The entry ramp to Ariena’s ship retracted with a hiss and a puff of smoke. Andronikos wearily made his way up the stairs and leaned against the wall. The bridge of his nose still stung where Andrina had hit him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring she had thrown at him.

A clear, brilliantly cut pink stone lay in a white ciridium setting, surrounded by twelve tiny diamonds.

It was perfect.

But at what cost? He asked himself. He would be trading one family for another. He never thought he would have to make that choice. Of all the people in the known galaxy, he’d expected Andrina to be the one to understand.

Ariena was standing on the bridge, carefully examining an astrogation chart. She heard footsteps approaching, then felt a pair of arms slide around her waist. She smiled and turned around.

“So are we getting married, or what?” The question was bittersweet, in more ways than one. Andronikos made a concerted effort to smile.

Ariena’s eyes danced, but in her usual understated sly voice, she said, “Do you have a ring?”

Andronikos took a deep breath and felt momentarily lost for words. Her eyes were the same color as Andrina’s. When he spoke, his voice was tinged with something that sounded vaguely like regret. “Yeah. Just don’t ask me where I got it.”

“So are we getting married, or what?” The question was bittersweet, in more ways than one. Andronikos made a concerted effort to smile.

Ariena’s eyes danced, but in her usual understated sly voice, she said, “Do you have a ring?”

Andronikos took a deep breath and felt momentarily lost for words. Her eyes were the same color as Andrina’s. When he spoke, his voice was tinged with something that sounded vaguely like regret. “Yeah. Just don’t ask me where I got it.”

This is the best setting and context for that conversation I've ever seen or imagined. Love.

Ereiniel - I love how you integrated Andronikos' backstory into your character's lives. It felt very much like it all fit together.

As Time Goes By

And What Have You Done With My Crew?

bh - Skari, Crae, and crew

no spoilers

The ship had been quiet for days.

Not that Skari could hear much from the effing medbay, but what she could hear sounded like...normal. Blizz was working away in his workshop, welding who knows what at all hours of the night. Mako was in and out, checking on her and Torian, cheerfully meeting all her questions with instructions to rest. Gault popped in every now and again, but mostly she just heard him muttering to himself a lot as he walked past with datapads.

There was a distinct lack of tension, fear, and paranoia. Which, given that Crae had returned last week with the brand new kolto tank where Torian was now floating, was...weird. Crae had tried to get her into the tank, but Torian needed it more, and that was the end of the discussion. She'd thought for a moment he was going to knock her out and put her in himself, but it hadn't come to that. Instead, she'd been confined by her slicer-turned-medic-turned-jailer to the medbay with strict instructions to sleep.

F**k that.

Skari sat up slowly, breathing through her nose as the pain in her gut slowly subsided. Slowly was the key. Fast movements hit her like a ton of plascrete, but if she moved slow enough, the pain was manageable. She stood - slowly - and made her way to the door in the loose pants and tank top Mako had helped her change into that morning. She pushed her hair out of her face and wished she could stand to put her hands above her head to pin it up as usual. Every muscle was stiff.

She could make out faint voices upstairs on the bridge, so she headed that way. Things needed done, strategies needed planned, and damned if she was going to rot in medbay while Nadras retrenched. The steps took forever. She had to stop multiple times, gritting her teeth and hanging onto the railing, but she made it to the top where she stopped short.

On the bridge, Crae stood behind Mako and Gault, who were seated at their consoles. He was pointing at something on one of the screens. "People who use that design. They tend to locate their safes in corners, underground. Squirrels hoarding nuts for the winter."

Gault rubbed his chin. "Now that you mention it, I've seen a few of those designs myself. Had a job on Corellia years ago. Three days of charming the heiress to a sizable shipping fortune to find where they'd hidden the family jewels. Under the floor, corner of the main building. Not bad, Crae, not bad." Skari blinked at the respect in Gault's voice.

Mako tapped in a few commands. "So if Nadras is hoarding what he got as kickbacks, they're probably here, here, and here."

"Perhaps," Crae said thoughtfully, "I suspect Nadras is the type that rarely has one place he goes to ground. But he likely has something in those spots." The three of them looked...cozy.

Something drew Crae's attention, and he looked back, meeting her eyes. He quickly closed the distance, and Skari froze as he reached her and slid his arm around her back.

"Sit down," he murmured, entirely too close.

"You shouldn't be up," Mako scolded from her seat, "that wound is only partially healed. Soon as Torian's mended, you're going in the tank. Couldn't believe..."

Mako's chattering continued in the background as Skari reluctantly allowed Crae to guide her onto the bridge where she sat down, stiff, wary. Crae's arm was solid and sure as he eased her down into the chair. She tried not to concentrate on how good he smelled up close, how warm and muscled he was, his face hovering just above her own, the way her heart was pounding.

He let go of her as soon as she was settled, and she sucked in a shaky breath. He moved around the bridge with his typical grace, his movement smooth as he poured tea from a portable kettle into a sturdy mug and brought it across the room. His brows were drawn down, his face serious as he offered her the mug, watching her closely. She slowly took it, although she certainly had no intention of drinking something Crae had made.

"...Gault and I were thinking about clearing Nadra's accounts, but Crae said he probably has credits tucked away. Crae says we should have a shot at cornering Nadras if we can choke off his credit supply. We already found one escape route too. Crae looked at the satellite feeds of the mountain and spotted it in like five seconds. Why aren't you drinking your tea? You don't think....? Oh, honestly! It's fine!"

Mako snatched the tea. Skari lunged to grab the mug back a scant second after Mako had taken a drink and gasped as the movement jarred her stitches. Badly. She closed her eyes and focused on breathing, her arms wrapped around her stomach. In. Out. In. Out.

"I'm so sorry!" Mako said in horror, her voice faint as the pain ate up Skari's conscience, "I never thought..."

"You okay, hun?" Gault asked quietly.

Skari nodded slowly, her eyes still squeezed shut. The warm hand rubbing up and down her back felt good for a moment until reality returned.

"Crae," she gritted out.

"What do you need, sweetheart?"

"Get out."

He leaned down to look into her eyes and then grinned slightly. "There's that fire," he whispered. He slid his fingers through her hair in a caress that was far too intimate and then left the bridge. Skari let out a breath she'd been holding.

"What the f**k is going on here?" she growled, still holding her stomach.

She glared at Gault as he glanced at Mako and at the door Crae had departed through. "While you were recovering, we started putting together a plan to take Nadras out."

"We."

Gault shrugged. "I've been watching him, but so far he's been up front. I've checked out his suggestions. Even had Mako run a couple of them past your friend, the major."

"You dragged Kaarde into this?" Skari groaned. Last thing she needed was Crae anywhere near her sister and her family.

"Hate to admit it, but the guy's been helpful. Has Blizz making some custom survelliance cameras to plant in Nadras's compound. Set up a watch schedule since we're down a couple people. Even took out one of Nadras's assassins."

Skari raised an eyebrow. "Assassins?"

"We kicked the hornet's nest," Mako shrugged, "Least that's what Crae says."

"What else does 'Crae say'?" Skari said with an evil glare at the two of them.

Mako exchanged another glance with Gault that had Skari seething. "I think it's time you went back to the medbay. You need more pain meds," Mako said, starting to pull Skari up from her chair.

"Why?" Skari grumbled, "Did Crae say I needed them?"

Mako sighed and continued to pull her up. Skari got to her feet feeling childish and unneeded and entirely too vulnerable. The fact that Crae was standing at the top of the stairs, leaning against the railing, his arms crossed as he patiently waited for the two of them, didn't make her feel any better.

"What?" she snapped when they reached him.

He cocked his head to the side, watching her.

"What are you planning, Crae?" she demanded, searching his face.

"To get you to medbay in one piece," he said with a slight grin, reaching for her.

"No!" she said, panicked, not daring to move too fast for fear of setting off another wave of pain.

Mako sighed. "Either he carries you down or Gault does."

"I walked up them. I can f**king walk down them," Skari growled, reaching for the railing.

Crae didn't give her a choice, picking her up carefully while ignoring the torrent of curses Skari rained down on all their heads. By the time they'd reached the bottom of the stairs, she'd settled into sullen silence. Crae took her into the medbay, setting her down on the bed. He pulled the blanket up over her and ran a finger down her cheek. She jerked away, glaring at him. He grinned and left.

"Should have killed that f**king a**hole when I had the chance," she muttered to herself.

Mako frowned at her. "Crae has been great, you know, you really should give him a chance."

Skari stared at her. "Why are you, all of a sudden, Crae's cheerleader?"

Mako started rearranging the bandages in the supply cabinet. "I just think you're being a little harsh. You didn't see him when you got hit. The man freaked out." She looked over at Skari with a very serious expression on her face. "I think he's in love with you."

Skari blinked. "You're crazy," she muttered, shaking her head, "All of you. Crazy. The man is a psychopath. It doesn't matter that he's got those gold eyes and that voice. He is insane and violent and is probably trying to figure out how to kill us all in our sleep right now."

Mako grinned, "So you do like him."

Skari groaned and covered her face with her hand. "We're all going to die."

Author's Note:

Somehow (no idea how, of course :rolleyes:) Crae has developed Troy Baker's voice in my head.