View Single Post

AdjeYo
09.03.2018 , 07:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Rotation for Serenity is a weird thing, to be honest. I just looked on top 6 Hatred assassins on Parely - every single one of them has a different number of GCDs between DoTs. There are players with 1,2,4,5 GCDs. One even starts with Creeping Terror instead of Discharge. Yet they are all on top of the leaderboards, sure, there is crit RNG involved but it still means there are many ways of making it work.

So my point is, the only truly outdated rotation would be the one before 3.0, when there were less abilities. Plus, another thing you could conclude is that there is no real best of the best rotation. I do prefer Solana's version the most, probably. Just because Solana is constantly up there.
While some of them start with 2 or 4 GCDs between dots, they all seem to end up going to an odd number of GCDs between dots eventually. (For instance Solana starts with 4 abilities between dots, but ends up going to 5 later on). My recommendation is to stick with 3 GCDs, because that way you end up never having to delay any discharge, creeping terror, death field or leeching strike (and you'll be able to use demolish fast enough to not clip it) until the burn phase, where you want to maximize assassinate and the whole rigid dot application kinda breaks down.