How to fix the reset bug in Eternity Vault

To understand how this fix works, you need to first understand the problem.

Soa is not supposed to put the tank in a Mind Trap, but you will notice that he does exactly that before he resets. He resets because he puts the tank in a mind trap, then when he is able to attack again he looks for a target and cannot find one.

To fix this, you need to have somebody Taunt Soa immediately after your tank has been put into a mind trap. From there, you can either keep the new player as the main tank or have your previous tank taunt Soa once he is no longer in a Mind Trap.

Simply trying to transfer agro by anything other than a taunt will be ineffective because in this stage (3rd and final) of the fight, he WILL NOT switch targets without being taunted.

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Sounds like a threat issue to me.

We never had any main tank (neither Guardian nor Vanguard) getting MTed in our 16m NM raids.

Just level threat with taunts, and if you're really losing aggro you still got the AoE taunt (which you shouldn't need tbh).

Only way I could possibly see this happen is the tank immediately hitting the mind trap after it spawned, prompting it to capture the first player that hit it (which I did often deliberately, as I was still tank specced anyway in all our kills).

Sounds like a threat issue to me.

We never had any main tank (neither Guardian nor Vanguard) getting MTed in our 16m NM raids.

Just level threat with taunts, and if you're really losing aggro you still got the AoE taunt (which you shouldn't need tbh).

Only way I could possibly see this happen is the tank immediately hitting the mind trap after it spawned, prompting it to capture the first player that hit it (which I did often deliberately, as I was still tank specced anyway in all our kills).

Happens a lot in 8 man due to bioware changing to encounter to only putting each person in mind trap one time. They seem to have forgotten to exclude the tank from this list. It has zero to do with the threat being generated.