Phase walk needs sinergy with talents/skills

IInox

Hello guy!

Phase Walk IMHO needs some sinergy with skills/talents cause in PvE..yes it can be huge when you have certain bosses but it's only a gap closer, is a skill that you use few times; in PvP saves you from a sure death and another time..ti's only a gap closer.

In other situations it's useless and imho (like tanks) needs a sinergy for us dps, example:

For infiltration we can have a talent that lower the cast time of 100% and it gives a dmgBuff to project or something else..or more crit..etc, like Shadowstep of Rogue..it can be HUGE and a lot funny :eek:

(sorry for my english :p )

I'm starting to really wonder about the usefulness of Phase Walk for PvE and kinda wouldn't mind something being done to it. Yeah, the heal buff is nice but since a lot of fights require a lot of movement, the healer might have to move out of it and if you deploy it on yourself to help your self heals, you might have to move out of it. I also really don't see how its an effective gap closer in PvE. It doesn't really do anything that force run doesn't do. I can't even imagine what the purpose of it for a DPS Shadow is.

It would be nice if in PvE, the tanking talent just buffed the heals of the group whenever it is out.

I'm starting to really wonder about the usefulness of Phase Walk for PvE and kinda wouldn't mind something being done to it. Yeah, the heal buff is nice but since a lot of fights require a lot of movement, the healer might have to move out of it and if you deploy it on yourself to help your self heals, you might have to move out of it. I also really don't see how its an effective gap closer in PvE. It doesn't really do anything that force run doesn't do. I can't even imagine what the purpose of it for a DPS Shadow is.

It would be nice if in PvE, the tanking talent just buffed the heals of the group whenever it is out.

I'm a madness assassin and I use it as an off force cloak power. I usually set it as a "ohh crap" power before I enter combat or if I'm on a real crappy random queue in a FP. Other than that, it kinda sucks. I posted a couple of ideas for madness in another thread on how this power could be more useful. It really needs to have some sort of dual purpose.

Darkness gets a nice synergy with healers using it if they spec into Assassin's Shelter. Very nice for a stationary tank n' spank fight, less so for a mobile fight but could be useful as a spot for ranged to stand in, assuming they too don't need to move around.

I think something like that needs to be added in for each tree.

My biggest issue with it is the cast time. I really don't see how it would be unbalanced if it were an instant cast. It's not like you're using it when you're fighting toe-to-toe with someone. It's normally casted in advance - prior to entering combat.

Then again, if it were instant cast, maybe you could use it when fighting toe-to-toe with someone...

Fighting a non-charging melee(in full darkness):

-Cast instant phase walk*

-Force speed away

-Force pull

-Force slow

-Phase walk

-Recklessness

-3 stack force lightning

REALLY situational, but it gives it a little more versatility without really being OP and allows for more inventive ways to use it.

*Sure you can do it now, but as a sin, you don't want to be doing anything that requires a cast time outside of a 3 stack HD FL.

I like it in the open world its nice if you can jump down somewhere open a chest and port back up.

it's nice in some boss encounters too, but I'm stuck on my scoundrel because we have to many tanks and to few healers so I hadn't had much opportunity to use it. The scoundrel roll is Awesome no comparison to the port.

As a tank you simply don't have the leisure to run into the Healer bringing a nice small :p and preferably aoe spamming present with you (of course you can do it but if I were your healer ,or the melee dd you force to move unnecessarily, I'd probably kill you, not the Pixels YOU! :rolleyes:

a solution might be: +5% heal standard for all shadows and -5% heal for that high tier talent I know it's sad to nerf a high tier talent but 2% more heal received is still very nice and we won't lose anything but it won't make the talent much better for Tanks.

perhaps the shadow tank (or all shadows) could get the ability to place it below someone within a perhaps 10m radius, no free cast someone has to stand there and it must be friendly.

instant is always preferred, but we can't have everything.

But I won't mind even if they don't change it, as I said it's a nice to have the way it is.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

Bloodthirst: Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Bloodthirst to you and your party, increasing all damage and healing dealt by 15%. Lasts 15 seconds.

makes no sense since that's a Healing ability. :rolleyes:

Edit: even better:

Mind Control: Controls the mind of the target, forcing it to attack you for 6 seconds. player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Lasts 6 seconds.

if that's not a Tank ability:confused:

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

Phasewalk is compared to double saber throw rather useless

Phasewalk is compared to Deflection is useless.

Phasewalk is compared to the roll is useless.

Phasewalk is compared to Bubble is useless. ( but not really given our low force )

Phasewalk is compared to Powertech rocket pack is useless.

Phasewalk is compared to Electronet is useless.

which two didn't?:rolleyes: just out of morbid curiosity you understand :p

The marauder and juggernaut skills are particularly useful. Not unusual to see dual lightsabers flying all over the place in warzones now...

And oh, what a surprise! It's the Sith Warriors who got the good stuff yet again... :rolleyes:

The marauder and juggernaut skills are particularly useful. Not unusual to see dual lightsabers flying all over the place in warzones now...

And oh, what a surprise! It's the Sith Warriors who got the good stuff yet again... :rolleyes:

Have to agree the marauder double saber throw is an epic ability.

In my own opinion Phase Walk start working when will works instant without 2 sec. cast. or just delete this ability for some other more offensive. Because Phase walk is useful for sorcerers but assassins don't want flee. We are for killing and we want stay close our targets. If I all time flee from my target I never kill him. Smart/experience player use this situation for healing yourself or run away for their group or healers, that situations doesn't make sense for me. I like so much one skill in WoW which rogue have, this skill name shadowstep which let you teleport from some range behind your target.

Anyway don't need that ability looks like this one from WoW but i wish that should be some offensive because i want to kill no flee. Or maybe change Phase Walk for some skill which makes me for some short time extra force regeneration and help me build better combo. I know we have 6sec. after stealth better regeneration. but I mean something extra and use out off stealth.

Edited by patyc

In my own opinion Phase Walk start working when will works instant without 2 sec. cast. or just delete this ability for some other more offensive. Because Phase walk is useful for sorcerers but assassins don't want flee. We are for killing and we want stay close our targets. If I all time flee from my target I never kill him. Smart/experience player use this situation for healing yourself or run away for their group or healers, that situations doesn't make sense for me. I like so much one skill in WoW which rogue have, this skill name shadowstep which let you teleport from some range behind your target.

Anyway don't need that ability looks like this one from WoW but i wish that should be some offensive because i want to kill no flee. Or maybe change Phase Walk for some skill which makes me for some short time extra force regeneration and help me build better combo. I know we have 6sec. after stealth better regeneration. but I mean something extra and use out off stealth.

I tend to agree with you that the Phase Walk skill concept seems completely at odds with the usual stealther sneaking up quickly behind their prey. But that's really what you have Force Speed for.

Whereas, Phase Walk acts as a very important escape skill, which is absolutely necessary for the concept of a stealther, since they need to get in fast, drop their massive damage bombs, and get out equally fast, since they usually have little or no durability under pressure.

The skill is very new, so people are still trying to find their way in discovering new synergies and uses for it. But if you were only looking for an "I WIN" button, then this ain't it. :rak_01:

• 2 weeks later...
My only point is people saying the healing buff is useless for tanking: You cast it on your healers, go jack the other teams healers (now with +15% heals coming to you) then if you need to peel for your healers, zap back. As a pure tank, it does have plenty of use, especially if you have a pocket healer that you can communicate with, and DEFINITELY in Rateds.