Nerf Denova?

I actually really like the difficulty to be honest. It took us a few attempts on story mode but we did it in the end. The first was tricky for us to do too, but once you get the hang of it, its fairly simple. When we did it the second time a week later, we downed them first time no problem.

The difficulty is what made it fun and you get far more satisfaction when you down a boss.

Please DO NOT nerf this!! It is nice to see that something is actually a challenge. I'm really looking forward to doing it on Hard.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we are republic and 90% of our healers are sages and they just got nerfed abit :p

Doesnt matter. Sorc/Sager healers are still the most powerful healers for PVE. With the new damage/healing meters, it's easy to prove too.

in a 16man, sorcs are the clear winners due to their AOE heal. In 8mans, if you ensure you have at least a group of 4 people for your AOE heal, you can beat operatives every time. The funny thing is, a sorc/sage's "oh shyt" button is our bubbles which dont show up on healing meters. Even without my absorption counting as healing, I'm still beating operatives in healing done

Edited by Akumati

I really hope they don't nerf it. It really isn't too bad if you have a good group of geared/somewhat skilled players. My first night there, we did it on 16 man and it was a lot harder than the 8 man version. The second week there, we 1 shot every boss on 8man and i don't think we had more than 1 death the entire run.

Learn the mechanics and it's simple. The hard modes are also tuned well. Took my guild about 1 night of attempts per boss to kill so far. Bioware did a good job with this new operation.

Edited by Akumati

Learn the mechanics and it's simple.

Beyond gear and knowing the mechanics of your class learning the mechanics of the raid is the only challange of a raid.

You basically just said, get the raid on farm and then it's easy.

The question is how hard should learning the mechanics be, particularly on a story mode raid.

Explosive Conflict is the newest content, even in storymode it should not be a walk in the park. Like practically all other MMO's the newest content to be released starts out hard, but IT IS DOABLE. After enough time has passed it gets "nerfed" so that more people can clear the content, but at least it will have had its time of being difficult and in my opinion a greater sense of achievement and reward upon completion.

My guild just recently cleared SM EC after 2 days of raiding (~5-6 hours total time in EC) and we have NMM KP/EV on farm. Most people are full rakata but some aren't.

I would consider SM EC to be more of a transition point of finishing rakata and gaining black hole gear (albeit slow to gain the black hole gear, 1 earpiece off of last boss).

To those complaining about healer nerfs and whatnot, my guild's 8 man set up is: 1 sin tank, 1 pt tank, 1 mara, 1 sniper, 1 merc arsenal, 1 pt pyro, 1 merc heals and 1 sorc heals. Yes we have cleared SM EC with what many people claim to be the 2 most "nerfed" healers with the recent patch. Sorc healers will still stand out as the best AoE heals due to their AoE heal affecting the 8 nearest ALLIES as opposed to the "bombs" from mercs and agents being their group of 4 getting the most out of the "bomb" (the initial blast of the "bomb" does however heal anybody nearby as far as I can tell).

Toth and Zorn wasn't too bad, have anybody that can cleanse DoTs do so, it helps the healers.

Double Tanks, just be quick about getting into safe zones.

Colonel minefield, we actually had multiple wipes from hitting the enrage during the minefield phase. Melee DPS priority = PROBE. Ranged DPS priority = 2 droids > PROBE > 3 humanoids. You can also ask healers to throw some dps on the PROBE.

Warlord, many, many wipes. Have somebody (preferably a ranged dps) call out locations that the chicken walker is doing his AoE so you can transition quickly. You cannot miss killing the bomb carriers because if you miss too many, you will eventually run into time where the warlord is immune to damage while the chicken walker is still alive, thus hitting his enrage is almost guaranteed (have healers help dps bomb carriers if you are struggling here). Warlord himself hits like a mofo truck, when he does his breath and the void zone phase is going, his double slash was hitting one of our tanks for about 14k dmg and his regular hits were doing something like 4k-6k.

Edited by Vaahanian

You basically just said, Give me everything free because I'm too lazy to actually think for myself and have to cry to get the devs to nerf the game so I can faceroll everything on first try to make me feel good about myself.

I said nothing of the sort....

Denova is a major step up for Bioware. This instance is not something you walk into day one and clear 75% of the instance.

This instance is challenging.

Because its challengings, its FUN.

We just killed Kephess on HM last night (server first btw). I can tell you it is BY FAR the most fun fight in game at the moment. I'm still coming off the high of the kill. (We beat another guild by a couple hours at most).

Don't nerf Denova.

People are finding this that difficult on story mode? We wiped twice on Zorn and Toth, 3 times on the Tanks, 3 times on Colonel Vorgrath and then 3 times again on Kephess. Why did we wipe? Because we went in blindly to learn the mechanics and have a set strategy. I can't understand how this Operation can possibly be that difficult. It's all about mechanics and situtational awareness. You should really think about the people you are raiding with if you are having that much difficulty doing this raid.

Raid Composition:

DPS

2 Marauders

Half Rakata Half Columi

Mercenary- Full Rakata

Sniper- Full Rakata

Tanks

Powertech- Full Rakata

Powertech- Columi Gear

Mercenary Healer- Full Rakata

Operative Healer- Full Rakata

If we did it with this group composition and People who have full Rakata are complaining about this raid, I don't know what to say.

Edited by KonohaFlash

I hope they don't nerf it... its taking us a couple nights to learn, but its a new tier, new challenge. Maybe just slightly harder than Nightmare EV/KP... besides part of it is learning the new mechanics. We're 3/4 Story right now and everyone is very excited about the new level of challenge that this Op brings. A nerf would be sad

My guild one shot 16 man hard mode Z&T when it went live and only 6 of us had done it on the PTS.

Hard mode is undertuned, and story mode is rediculously easy. Why are you people complaining? There won't be new content for months, learn to do this content in that time.

While some raiders will spend some time in there to see the sights and experience the wonders, that quickly wears off when silly mechanics operate in strange ways - like having 3 lightning spires spawn inside the bombardment shields on the tank bosses.

That only happens if you don't have a person outside the domes soaking up the lightning properly.

Denova is a GREAT experience. Once you actually learn the mechanics properly, everything is predictible, there is no need to pray to the RNG gods, and no long boring phases in any of the encounters.

The mechanics are not as insanely intricate as in high-end WoW, but that is offset by the lack of mods telling you where to stand and when to do what. I think it works really well.

If people are being "randomly" gibbed, or you feel like something unreasonable is going on (like lightning inside domes), take a step back and consider if you've missed something, instead of automatically assuming that something is broken.

Edited by Grobluk

<Praxeum> Republic guild

First night in EC it took us 5-6 hours to get to the puzzle boss, as we never watch any tacts videos on any bosses and it was a great feeling when we killed them and now we have EC SM, NNM KP/EV on farm but the fights in EC are some of the best i'v seen in this game and we need more :) and really enjoy doing them and the sense of achivement when u kill it on your own with no help with tacts give u a great sense of satisfaction..

i love the new raid and flashpoint, not 2 easy not 2 hard but all doable if u can coorordinate :)

And to all the ppl wanting it nerfed i sugest you all try harder and stop complaining.. theres nothing wrong with it.

Edited by JaMMIE

We did 8 man story mode with 2 healing sorcs. Most of the group in rakata/columi. Took us about 7-8 pulls to get toth / zorn and 3 pulls to get firebrand/storm caller. After that it was kind of late so we called it. We figure tonight we should be able to get deeper into the instance now that we know the 1st 2 fights.

Then they shouldn't be raiding. End of argument.

You aren't going to get everything handed to you for free, you have to work for it.

This is an Elitest attitude. I can beat, so i am better than you. its not for you to make that determination, Story mode is just that story mode. bioware is telling a story not everybody likes to devote 200% to being the masters of a video game. they like to play causally, so why is your right to deny them content that they pay for?

Edited by Snakeyees

This is an Elitest attitude. I can beat, so i am better than you. its not for you to make that determination, Story mode is just that story mode. bioware is telling a story not everybody likes to devote 200% to being the masters of a video game. they like to play causally, so why is your right to deny them content that they pay for?

Do you honestly want no challenge?

This is what I don't understand about MMO players. If something isn't conquered right away they start to cry about it's difficulty. I would be truly mad if this new (really enjoyable imo) operation offered no additional challenge to players. That is what kills progression, and when you have no progression, you have no game.

If Denova went down as easily as EV or KP, then what is the point of raiding in this game? Challenge yourself for once. The instance drops rakata and black hole gear for a reason.

Considering our raid is made up of 90% of people aged 25+ with families, jobs and lives (I myself am 33 and have a wife and 4 year old son getting ready to start school this year), and a few college students.

We raid 2 nights a week - 4 hours those nights.

We are casual.

We easily beat story mode on 16 man and 8 man, we have beaten 3/4 on hard mode.

Your whole argument of elitist and casual is 100% completely wrong.

Time spent playing =/= skill. Period.

And it doesn't take much skill for the new operations - it just requires people to actually pay attention.

nerfing it will be bad if you ask me.

however after the healing nerf we are having some issues on toth/zorn. we run 1 commando healer and if DPs takes some unessesary dmg he goes out of ammo in no time on HM, story mode he makes it easely. so if you ask me, the healing nerf hit abit to hard in PVE and that couses EC to become real hard for some guilds.

my five cents (sry for bad english)

Before 1.2 there were no challenging operations. But finally they added some more challenging operation, and now will people have it nerfed. If they nerf it, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will quit this game.