Assasin or PowerTech?

THlSisME

PT is probably the easiest class to get into. Simple rotation, simple resource system, fairly one-dimensional.

Assassin is more interesting, in my opinion. But it can give you a hard time at higher levels while tanking.

As far as PvP goes, PT has the most ridiculous and easy-to-do frontloaded burst. He plants dart+detonator, pulls, sets the enemy on fire, fires off a Railshot and boom, the person has less than half health already.

Sins tend to be a bit more tactical in PvP. Hybrid Darkness/Madness Sins have decent long-mid-short-range CC, and useful mechanics like Shroud, stealth and near-tank survivability.

Edited by Helig

So u would prefer the assasin.

I think will definitly play with the 50% absorb bubble. Which one would u prefer then?

I think u cant really do much dmg with the PT and the defence cell.

No absorb bubble for Sins. Only Shroud - short immunity to Force and Tech for a couple of secs, Dark Ward (your main "padding" skill to shield damage), and Deflection (+50% dodge), as well as mild self-healing.

I prefer Sin not because it's more powerful (both classes are strong on their own right - PT has insane burst in Pyro, Darkness Hybrid Sin is very well-rounded in terms of utility and survivability), but because it's more complex. Like PT, it's relatively easy to pick up, but it's much harder to master.

Edited by Helig

So u would prefer the assasin.

I think will definitly play with the 50% absorb bubble. Which one would u prefer then?

I think u cant really do much dmg with the PT and the defence cell.

that bubble is not that impressive to be honest, it says it absorbs a high amount of damage, but i have seen it break after a single hit.

Okay i mean the bubble to get 50% of the damage dealt to an allie. I think its called Guard and if im right a Sin can it use altime and a pt only in th tank cell mode.

Sins can guard, too. They also have a tank stance, in which Guard can be activated.

It doesn't just reduce damage to allies in PvP. It transfers it to you. Without some loads of HP you risk getting flattened by return damage if they focus your guarded target.

i use both a shield pt and deception assassin

in the end it just depends on playstyle

my assassin is much more "objective" based- guarding/ninja'ing nodes and racing around to help teammates at different locations; scouting and what not- many times an assassin turns the tide of a warzone and no one realizes it- i only get pvp votes if my damage is really high- never mind i racked up 15k in objectives- ninja'd a few nodes and juked and baited 1v3 while calling for help defending a node

my pt is a beast- racks up tons of medals and is easy to spot on the battlefield shooting fire everywhere and laying down the hurt with death from above; rocketpunch; and railshot- kiting melee is fun too

as others have said the assassin takes a bit more finesse and has a higher curve to get really good at but stealth is just too much fun to ignore- both are a blast to play and are effective in pvp

Edited by Daxy

But im mostly playing PVP and i think its pretty helpfull to my team. And im not sure if sin or pt is better for PVP but i think sin.

Both can be good. Pyro PT is good for killing, Darkness hybrid Sin is good for group utility/survival.

• 2 weeks later...

Assassins are good for objective play and team support. Also, popping in and out of stealth can get annoying for your opponents.

PT are good for AoE dmg, high ranged spike dmg, and is fairly simple to learn.

I'd try both and see which one you like more, ranged or melee.

Sins can guard, too. They also have a tank stance, in which Guard can be activated.

It doesn't just reduce damage to allies in PvP. It transfers it to you. Without some loads of HP you risk getting flattened by return damage if they focus your guarded target.

How do you enter tank stance?