Hot Prospect Name Concerns

EricMusco

Of course no one will ever stop them fully, but that doesn't mean people should just sit around and tolerate them. Yes, ignoring is the best option we have currently but that doesn't mean we can't urge and motivate the developers to create an ever better option for us in the (near) future. Sitting by idly will never help anything :)

Remember when they said they would think about the RP'ers prior to there ever being merges? What happened to that?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when they said they would think about the RP'ers prior to there ever being merges? What happened to that?

I believe they underestimated the size of the RP community and how many people would turn vocal about it on the forums and other media. I think that is the main reason why the devs didn't think too exstensively of the roleplayers when they discussed the possibility of server merges. The mentality of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" also played a role in that, but with the recent outcry on the forums about it I hope it has motivated the developers to see not only that the RP community is a significant portion of the playerbase, not the biggest but definitely a significant part, but also needs to have some safeguards on the new United Forces servers. Sometimes, if not most times, being vocal gets things done for you :p

Edited by Ylliarus

So, we go from a hot prospect to a hot m.i.l.f.

Doesn't matter what they call the server, Swtor players will find a way to sexualise/demean it. People are complaining about having to be "on" Darth Malgus.

Jesus christ.

Edited by thirtydollars

You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" :confused: it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.

1) let ops leaders have an "ignore for all while in group" button so they can ignore a troll

2) let that button also make him stealthed for anyone in the group

= can't see him, can't hear him... so really don't care how many people he does the naked dance in front of, or what he starts yelling about

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

seriously? hot prospect could also mean a hot player in sports. overly pc there guys. what a joke

You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" :confused: it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.

You can't stop them but one can give them less ammo, or at least not help them out.

Woah. I honestly did not expect this to happen! Satele Shan sounds pretty good to me. It would have been awesome to get a few options to choose from and a community vote, but I guess that would have opened a can of worms...then every single server would want to be able to choose names.

How can you not have seen all the innuendo already flying over that server name? Made worse by the fact that one of the rp servers was being merged into there. While it may not effect many it was always going to effect some -- RPers get a bad enough rep as it is because of those who ERP, server name was going to make that 10 times worse- now its one issue that wont be :)

Its still not clear..Why specifically would that server name be offensive? I agree with the no bullying stance, but I would like to told nevertheless.

"The Hot Prospect", sounds like a stripper bar. That doesn't bother me so much but I can see where it would be considered Vulgar by some. Apparently B.W. decided to play it safe and change that name. Satele Shan is a great Name; Shan, a classic name from the games KOTOR past and Its a Big Name here, Plus its Not another Sith/Empire named server. I coulda got over it Mostly and just called'em "Hot Pockets".

Awesome! When I was wondering why two servers were named after sith lords, Satele Shan was exactly the name I imagined would be great for a server named after a Republic character.

I am a bit surprised by the change so soon after you assured us in the dev stream that it would be too hard, but ultimately I have to praise you for working to overcome whatever limitations were there.

Edited by Estelindis

No I was right the first time.

So, ONLY SWTOR players would find a way to demean/sexualize something? Have you seen the rest of the internet? I'm pretty sure a large number of people who do not play SWTOR would also find a way.

To be honest though, I never thought it was a bad name. It didn't really seem to fit with the other new server names but I didn't think it was horrible.