Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

This was my point earlier. I think it bares repeating.

The other night was great for my muse. :D

It's because we don't have to justify why there is PvP. I don't ask why PvP should be in the game. They are for a minority of the player base but that player base considers it invaluable. As with end game PvE and the current romance options. We shouldn't have to have a justification for SGRs. There is no good reason why that they should be excluded. It should have been in from the start. It was expected of a BioWare game by that point, just as much as end-game PvE or PvP is for a MMO.

There is statistics that clearly state that a minority of any given MMO player base plays end-game content. Same with PvP; most often, PvP servers and content are some of the lowest pop.

We don't know how much of the player base would use SGRs, so that isn't fair to say a minority wants this or not. The minority is the only one that knows about this for the most part. We can safely all agree that the story is the main reason to play. So there is no way to tell who/how many players would use this content, unless BioWare quits messing around. Besides, content for the minority happens all the time, so this should be no different.

Edit: From the looks of it, polls are considered petition threads, so that's why polls aren't going to be happening on this subject/forum anytime soon.

There are even poorer reasons why they should remain silent with Makeb coming. I don't think it's too much to ask to know if this content is even still coming at all. We know about the overall arching storyline for Makeb, so there is no excuse for BW-Austin to remain silent at this point. If anything, the silence is making them look worse and worse.

Oh and I'm sure the number of people that want SGRs as well as the curious that would come back to the game far outweighs those that don't. No doubt in my mind.

Edited by natashina

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled my sub back in february and am back for a bit. Wanted to say thanks for continuing with this and fighting for it. I'm still hoping for the content but I'm not very.. well.. hopeful. It's very sad actually.

Optimism does seem to be dwindling as there are no new updates of information other than the usual "looking into it" and "soon." Hopefully they'll have a more definitive answer any time now since f2p has already launched and the advertising of RotHC doesn't need to last too long with it being released in a couple of weeks.

Hey you guys...

February 14th is on a Thursday in 2013 and comes roughly five weeks after January 15th (Tuesday), which is roughly five weeks from December 11th, when we had 1.6 released.

Cuddles patch? :D

I mentioned that timeframe as a point of interest about 30 pages back Tatile, but most people missed it... ah well

I would like to add my comment to this, I know a lot more people who will start playing again when this comes than people who will quit.
Thanks for that. It bears repeating, over and over again.

rumor is it'll come durin our next added companions so either spring with the expansion or late summer (im starting this rumor btw lol)
It would be awesome to finally be able to play again.... :rolleyes:

It's Yule folks! Let's enjoy another "End of the World" day that is just the beginning of winter. :)
Well, if you'd look out my window right now.... fog and icy cold rain. The actual end of the world couldn't be worse. :p

I haven't been on this thread in a while, and just wanted to say that I'm glad you guys are continuing to fight the good fight. Maybe some day the devs will actually commit to doing what they said they were going to do and add sgr. I'm not gay but that doesn't mean that everyone should live their lives the way I live mine. Especially when it comes to sexual orientation, since it's not even a choice. Good luck in your endeavors guys and gals! Happy yule/christmas/kwanza/hannukah/whatever else i forgot.
Thanks! I wish we could go into the next year with some good news at hand.

As to the DarthRamette convo, no offense Darth, but I simply ignore her since nothing she has to say on this topic is of any interest for me. And that's not even a lie. It just isn't.

Well, if you'd look out my window right now.... fog and icy cold rain. The actual end of the world couldn't be worse. :p

I was disappointed that it wasn't the end of the world. I'm in a lot of pain right now.

I just keep wondering one thing....why do they think that writing romances for same-gender couples is harder or more delicate than writing them for opposite-gender couples. That seems to swirl around a lot of the excuses for why we haven't seen them yet.

Great article, supportive and not marginalising. Thanks SWTORstrategies :).

Aye, thank you to both sites! :D

I did make sure that swtorstrategies got a working link of the Gabe video.

Continue telling the press guys. They're not only listening, but the story is getting picked up.

Don't give up. ;)

Edit: I've been bookmarking all the sites that have written and/or spoken about this as we go. I'll be working on updating the FAQ after Christmas.

Edit #2: They used a ton of my letter for that article. I'm not offended (I'm flattered,) but it was weird to see my words in print. :p

In case anyone is curious, I can send/post the original version of my letter that I sent out to them and other members of the press on December 6th-8th. Just let me know.

Edited by natashina

As for Darth Hater, I finished listening to the podcast now. The guys are divided over what they think the hold up is. They're all for SGRs in game mind you :). They're divided over how BW might implement it, rewriting story or new companions. So it's not just us who have no clue. One also mentioned the deleted tweet, and thought that was odd and could indicate it's coming with Makeb, or not. That's much like we've discussed here. Justin thinks that for them to do it well it would take considerable resources. I'm not sure I agree with that, it wouldn't take more resources than adding any other companion. And I do hope BW had planned to bring more in. If not then yea it would take more resources, but sorry, that's their mess. Overall the guys seem to agree that it looks like this might be a next expansion or further down the road.

I really like the pic they've been using. :p And, great article too.

Before I duck out for a bit, I just wanted to mention another gift I've been given this year.

After severe drought and madness here in my home state, it's supposed to snow all day on the 25th. :)

If it has to be an expac or two down the road, they need to just tell the player base this. They can't string them along forever.

Man it's nice seeing this talked about openly again, with a lot of people left confused at BW's lack of an answer.

Edited by natashina

I got another letter from SWTORstrategies as I was checking my email before I lay down.

They did put the video link down at the bottom of the article of the comments section. So there it is.

He mentioned this little part:

I tipped massively about the article, with luck they will take it up. I 'm also posting it to n4g. If we are in luck someone will post it to LGBT Reddit.

cheers

soeren

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....er, writing. Sorry, I've been watching Pixar. :o

Off to bed.

Removed direct link to Reddit, just in case. :rolleyes:

Edited by natashina

Absolutely stunning work there Natashina. You are to be commended for you professionalism and dedication.

ps: I am a straight male here and can't wait to see that content in game, more for you then me, but i do plan 1 character to use that option. You have my whole support there.

Hopefully BW will start waking up and do something.

Merry Christmas to all here, may you get the gift you deserve and was promised to you at launch

ps: I am a straight male here and can't wait to see that content in game, more for you then me, but i do plan 1 character to use that option. You have my whole support there.

Merry Christmas to all here, may you get the gift you deserve and was promised to you at launch

Thank you. I know a lot of straight gamers out there feel the same. I know because I am one of them. ;) Happy Xmas to you too.

I just posted the article to Reddit's LBGT subreddit. Hopefully it helps pass along the information.
Good job!

I've made a habit of checking in on this issue every couple of weeks and am continually disappointed in the lack of updates from Bioware's side. This issue has simply been mishandled on a scale that would make 3D Realms blush with envy. Hoping for an early Christmas present update on it though.

I posted on my social network site about this to my gaming friends. When I did, I sent out the hue and cry, and I know a few of them in turn will also do the same, since we all share a common belief that SGRA's are actually beneficial to the game, and sorely needed. One of my friends had recently stated that he finally had noticed the lack of them, in TOR, and felt cheated, seeing his experiences with other BW titles and the inclusion of SGRA's in them. Keep your chins high and sabres lit! We're rallying the troops on this!