Act quickly to address the faction imbalance.

LionRampant

They aren't going to add a third faction so no point wishing for that.

You can punish the player for choosing a particular faction. With so many Sith it will be harder to "stand out", therefore only getting half the medals sound fair to me.

Waiting around doing nothing is nonsense - we've seen what it did to WHO. If this game flops because of faction imbalance it'll be a really needless tragedy.

This is not fair in any sense of the term. The plain fact is that the Sith have always looked cooler. Their powers are neater, their clothing is neater, and most importantly people playing the Sith get to be the bad guys which is fun for most people. You need to adapt to the idea of being outnumbered and have fun with quick warzone ques and constant PvP.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone just ban this girl from trolling. Tired of hearing nothing but qq. The game hasn't started. What you are saying DOES NOT always happen and all you are doing is whining. I had no problem with AH on my server because it was HIGH POP. No issues occurred until people just stopped playing wow, which had nothing to do with imbalance, merely boredom.

Close this thread in my opinion, she is trying to base a year into the future after playing the game for 2 days of live, and qqing like she is a 10 year old girl who got 1 less present than the kid next door.

First of all, you can not address the imbalance because you can not force people to play one side or the other. Every MMO i've ever played the "evil" or "bad" guys always out number the good ones. So nothing you can do there...I think the REAL issue that needs addressing is the problem with full servers! And log *** que times. THAT needs to be repaired.

You can not make someone play the other faction...There will always be imbalance. The "Balance" part of it is that the side with the less numbers gets warzone pops much faster, usually at higher levels its easier to get good gear because there are fewer people around to fill in your role so its easier to get geared out because your depended upon.

Downside to being the "underdog" you get overwhelmed in Openworld PVP...but thats about it...and if they just make all openworld PVP FFA...WHO CARES?

Last I checked Jedi Knights are on Republic Side. Last I checked kids and star wars fans (not necessarily hardcore MMO players) LOVE Jedi Knights. Last I checked those same people probably didn't rush out to pre-order this game, so they probably aren't playing yet. I bet they will pick up a copy of it once it's released though... and you know what they will roll...

Republic more than likely.

No I don't think this is some magical cure for server imbalance, but I think it is looking A LOT worse than it will really be a few months into the game.

Edited by indahra

Frankly it's unacceptable that the Sith outnumbers Republic 2-1 on many servers. This will just lead to the same kind of absurdity seen in Warhammer Online. Did you learn nothing from that game? All the sexing up of the Sith has just made it worse - how can the same mistake be made twice?

WHO had to add xp bonuses etc for the underplayed Order side a few weeks after the game started, for me SWTOR it needs to go further and penalties need to be added to the Sith players.

I'd start with giving out only half the medals to Sith who are on servers that outnumber Republic by more than 30%. Then maybe think of a system to slow down the pvp queues for them. Huttball allowing same factions sounds great until you realise that it's stopping these people from being stuck in queues - that is precisely what is needed here in order to make some Sith get sick of the wait and reroll. Not only that but with so many Sith v Sith huttballs games going on they'll soon get far better at that warzone.

People need to be penalised for rolling Sith or it will just get worse. Not some wishy-washy Republic xp bonus added too late. Act now or this game will go the same was as WHO - great pvp ruined by faction imbalance.

Please stop immediately. Its day 4-5 of early access. FOR THE LOVE OF YODA STOP!

You have NO IDEA what your talking about.

Warhammer the faction balance was a cyclical cycle that changed every few months. The people who made it worse were the ones like you crying that the sky is falling before we even know how its going to play out.

You can not make someone play the other faction...There will always be imbalance. The "Balance" part of it is that the side with the less numbers gets warzone pops much faster, usually at higher levels its easier to get good gear because there are fewer people around to fill in your role so its easier to get geared out because your depended upon.

Exactly. To add to this, what would BioWare do to fix this "issue" of player factions ratio issues? Keeping in mind that not every single person on a server is going to engage in instanced/world PvP. On my server, Belgoth's Beacon, the Empire does out number the Republic; in who wants to PvP. Though only 30 or so people on our server queue on a regular basis, this means we play the same teams over and over.

You could have equal ratios, but that does not mean people are going to queue for PvP the entire time.

2:1 isn't game breaking nor is it slowing the warzones that much. Also, as someone stated earlier the full population isn't in yet. I play empire actually, still had decent queue times last night on my server(granted we absolutely dominated Rebels all night.)

Putting a faction cap on a server is about the only thing BW could do, but they obviously don't have that set up and I honestly doubt they'd be able to do so between now and launch. Roll with it.

Also, this might seem strange, but not everyone on a pvp server does pvp. They might not even care for it at all and simply followed friends/family that decided to play there for whatever reason, other servers full, already made a char, etc.

Worst case scenario, the devs can do something like server vs server warzones, matching servers with opposing population ratios, or more mixed side wzs like huttball.(something different though or there wouldnt be a point.)

Also, I cant speak for everyone, but for myself, I tend to make one character on each side and level them both and then pick which faction to stay on. A lot of folks dont even have their first level 50 yet let alone their 2nd, so its a little too early to see where the population ratio will stabilize at.

Please stop immediately. Its day 4-5 of early access. FOR THE LOVE OF YODA STOP!

You have NO IDEA what your talking about.

Warhammer the faction balance was a cyclical cycle that changed every few months. The people who made it worse were the ones like you crying that the sky is falling before we even know how its going to play out.

You didn't actually play Warhammer did you?

someone just ban this girl from trolling. Tired of hearing nothing but qq. The game hasn't started. What you are saying DOES NOT always happen and all you are doing is whining. I had no problem with AH on my server because it was HIGH POP. No issues occurred until people just stopped playing wow, which had nothing to do with imbalance, merely boredom.

Close this thread in my opinion, she is trying to base a year into the future after playing the game for 2 days of live, and qqing like she is a 10 year old girl who got 1 less present than the kid next door.

The game hasn't started yet?

That's odd because there seems to be full servers and level 50's already... I do believe that game has started already sir.

Warhammer Online was a game designed around, based around, and developed around the idea of PVP.

It was intended to be a PVPers MMO. Yes, there was pve content, yes, there was other content, but the marketing etc... all lead PVPers to salivate over the potential the game had. Particularly the focus on open world keep based content.

This focus on Open World, Keep based PVP content exacerbated the faction imbalance in Warhammer Online, and made the game less enjoyable for the underplayed faction.

This game is a full fledged MMO that does not focus on Open World PVP. It focuses primarily on the fact that it is a Star Wars MMO, but has a little bit of something for everyone. They have Raid Content, PVP Content etc...

Other games survive the faction imbalance in part because of the quality of the game, but in part because the primary focus of the game is not something which is made excruciatingly painful due to that faction imbalance.

When people discover that the coolest class in the game (the smuggler) is on the republic side, they'll come en masse. Besides, whats the harm? Not like there is much quest zone overlap anyways, and war zones are usually balanced anyways.

People always wanted to be bad guys, more than good guys. If anything, past the Darth Vader fascination, and the general tendency to enjoy roleplaying a sociopath, Star Wars really played up the good guy Jedi thing. There is very very little exposition given to the Dark Side, there are only really 3 novels that dig into it in the EU, and you get a very kind of vacuous shallow fall to the dark side for Annakin in Ep 3, so of course being evil is going to be interesting. Its going to be the newest thing in Star Wars since usually the predominant perspective is given to the good guys.

Also, don't underestimate the fascination with being your own private Boba Fett, easily one of the most popular characters in the Star Wars.

Its inevitable, and the flaw is in the nature of Star Wars itself. Being evil is the new cool. They never let you be it before, even in KOTOR you could be evil but were still basically fighting for the light side.

The one issue that seems most apparent to me in warzones atm (didn't experience any open pvp yet), is that a lot more Sith players seem to be rolling sorcerer than there are republic players rolling sage.

That makes it so there are usually more potential healers on the Sith side, giving them an edge in survival.