10K hit pvp.

gvettekill

Most spec gets to our dps number, and annihilation in particular, is vulnerable to dispels in pvp.

As said, 10k annihilation is very impossible unless you pretty much hit someone who got naked in the middle of a warzone. They ain't your normal hits, and it would be ridiculous to balance classes out of the few "epics" you get.

Marauder is a very good pvp class, no question there, but its not unbeatable. Its the "rock" to the healer's "scissors", but a well played range makes them very beatable so long as you don't stand there while the mara's in melee range. Just tonight I fought a merc that was very good at his rotation, but didn't time the knockbacks properly. I still ended up at 30% hp on all fights with at least cloak of pain used.

Kiting them can't be easy, I saw games where you could kite a class indefinitely, did not make pvp fun. Melee must have tools to compensate range advantage. On the other side, ranged must have tools to keep melee off them. (still don't understand the changing on merc's rocket punch from kb to root for this)

As far as rage goes, I'll agree it might have to be reviewed, smash hit rather hard (altough popping saber ward while you have defensive roll talented is always fun to troll their face in, but thats hoping you don't meet one in the following 3 minutes :p)

But I'm fairly sure that if they nerf annihilation for pvp consideration, they are screwing the spec for raids. Carnage already pulls slightly better numbers there. Spec has its weakness, and the fact people may not have good knowledge of the class other than "**** I got face rolled pwned by a mara! NERF MARA!" rather than trying to see how they could improve and adjust to each class explains most of the complains we see in PvP.

Saw that picture and if this was a serious attempt to make a point about rage (and in particular rage maras) should get nerfed i must say its a poor attempt. And yes, i do belive that focus/rage got buffed needlessly in the ressource management department since 1.4. But as for big hits, well, i could hit 7k + before 1.4 and anyone who can do this now could have done it before as well. - And make no mistake, everything above 7 k is pretty much the maximum i can do and of 10 smashes maybe one can achive that. U just had to work a bit more for it since it wasnt *free* like it is now and u did have to care about focus/rage management to a certain degree. But now to the picture itself, where do i start:

- the game was a loss, so a single lucky 10k hit obivously meant next to nothing

- damage overall was pretty unimpressive

- so was dps

- and so were kills and probably killing blows

Edited by Quangus

FYI, jugg smashes actually hit harder than marauder does because of their talents that give 6% more force damage, 6% more str, and the fact that they can sunder targets, reducing their damage reduction.

I have been completely min/maxed for a while on my marauder. Typical smash is 4.8-6.5k, average being about 5.4k. This is with the most power/surge/expertise possible. The highest I have hit is 8.5k, on a fully PvE geared sorc. Granted, this was without bloodthirst.

The only way to obtain a smash (or possibly scream) this high is by having Bloodthirst, expertise adrenal, full sunders on target, assassin debuff on target that makes them take 10% extra damage, and the player being naked.

In other words, it would never happen in a real PvP situation, and the OP rigged this with a friend on the opposing side. That or someone was just playing naked and the OP did all of the above to see how hard he can hit.

I think people have it in their heads that every smash jugg / mara goes around getting 7-8k crits non stop on everyone. This is very far from the truth. I am lucky if I get a 7.5k smash in a game, and that will be on either a full recruit or PvE geared player, and it has to be a squishy, like a sorc or dps assassin with no defensive cooldowns up. Even hitting 8k is extremely rare - we are talking once a month maybe I'll find someone sqiushy enough to hit that hard.

Don't believe me? Go watch my stream videos:

http://www.twitch.tv/legionsc2

You'll start to see that while Rage is good, maybe just slightly overtuned, it is not godmode or instant 8k crits all night long. Far from it.

Sigh I told you in another thread that it was probably a combination of a few hits all going off at once and calculating it into one damage score over your character.

Check the Prophecy of the 5 forums for the War Zone Records thread and an op healer has a 2nd place now record for a 9.5k damage hit.

Please learn the game before you go crying nerf.

The only way to obtain a smash (or possibly scream) this high is by having Bloodthirst, expertise adrenal, full sunders on target, assassin debuff on target that makes them take 10% extra damage, and the player being naked.

Expertise adrenals no longer increase the damage you do in PvP. They are only a damage reduction in their current state.

Expertise adrenals no longer increase the damage you do in PvP. They are only a damage reduction in their current state.

ever seen that "red glowy thingy" useally located in the back giving you 15% inc dmg in warzones?

Its not an adrenal, but im pretty sure thats what he ment :p

oh, and naked ppl dont have over 10k hp for this to be recorded to the scorecard.

its either fake (mulitple hits recorded) or hes fully geared out with over 1020 bonus dmg, and used bl, wz buff, 5x juyo form, vindicator buff, sunders/ inc dmg debuffs.

Still i dont belive annihilate hits for 10k. fishy !

Edited by zoranporan

For a Rage Smashing Mara he not only heals alot but is in the wrong stance and is missing, Obliterate & Force Crush..

Guys this dude is in Annihilation spec, hes in Juyo form, has Deadly Saber & Annihilate on his quickbars.

Looks like a glitch to me as it would be near impossible for Annihilate to hit that hard unless it was a complete set up and the guy had every debuff known to man and was in pve quest greens? If i was to hit some one with Annihilate or any other skill for that matter! for 10k i would take note of the fellahs name, after the WZ log over, find him and inspect him... and probably apologise for embarrasing him :-P

That being said grz on the 10k... you can only fight and kill whats put infront of you... :-D

Most spec gets to our dps number, and annihilation in particular, is vulnerable to dispels in pvp.

As said, 10k annihilation is very impossible unless you pretty much hit someone who got naked in the middle of a warzone. They ain't your normal hits, and it would be ridiculous to balance classes out of the few "epics" you get.

Marauder is a very good pvp class, no question there, but its not unbeatable. Its the "rock" to the healer's "scissors", but a well played range makes them very beatable so long as you don't stand there while the mara's in melee range. Just tonight I fought a merc that was very good at his rotation, but didn't time the knockbacks properly. I still ended up at 30% hp on all fights with at least cloak of pain used.

Kiting them can't be easy, I saw games where you could kite a class indefinitely, did not make pvp fun. Melee must have tools to compensate range advantage. On the other side, ranged must have tools to keep melee off them. (still don't understand the changing on merc's rocket punch from kb to root for this)

As far as rage goes, I'll agree it might have to be reviewed, smash hit rather hard (altough popping saber ward while you have defensive roll talented is always fun to troll their face in, but thats hoping you don't meet one in the following 3 minutes :p)

But I'm fairly sure that if they nerf annihilation for pvp consideration, they are screwing the spec for raids. Carnage already pulls slightly better numbers there. Spec has its weakness, and the fact people may not have good knowledge of the class other than "**** I got face rolled pwned by a mara! NERF MARA!" rather than trying to see how they could improve and adjust to each class explains most of the complains we see in PvP.

Well said. Especially the end :D