Heroic +2 & +4 feels kind of useless (at least for me)

I havent done a Heroic +2 or +4 since Dromund Kaas, im now level 45.

This is not due to me not liking Heroics, but rather several in game issues that work against me.

Some background info.

Im now level 45

I have not done a heroic +2 or +4 since Dromund Kaas

Im on EU-PvP Basilisk Droid- one of the most populated servers in EU

Even though im on one of the most populated servers in EU, there are hardly anyone to join up for a Heroic +2 or +4 quest run. I am sure that if i bothered to stand around and spam general chat for 30+ min, i could probably get a group in the end, but I just cant be bothered to do that!

The gain for the +2 or +4 is just to low. It is not like those quest lines give you any game breaking stuff (im not considering the story here, the story in +2 and +4 are brilliant at times) You might get an item upgrade and some planet commendations.

Plannet commendations i get so much of, that i dont know what to use them for any more.

Also with the commendations I do get, by just doing normal quests and bonus series, I can buy item and mod upgrades that will match any stuff I get from +2 or +4 quest lines.

Bottom line is.. +2 and +4 takes a lot of your time. It is time to get into a group + the time to do the quest line it self. All this for a mediocre reward that you can match without a problem by just doing normal quest + bonus quest line.

Only reason i see to do +2 and +4 is for the story. For those who have the time to stand around and wait to get a group- i salute you, i dont.. so i drop all the +2 and +4 heroic's.. i just dont see the point in doing them.

Arda

So shout that you're LFG for Heroic +2 and +4s WHILE you keep doing your normal quests in the mean time. Don't just sit on your butt waiting for people to reply or invite you, but actively quest and look for those groups in the mean time... what's so hard about that?

^Exactly^ Plus they give massive XP bonus.

On my server, I generally have no problem getting groups for Heroic 2/4 quests or flashpoints as it seems there are always people LFG in general chat...though most Heroic 2s I can solo and most heroic 4s are doable with 2 people and 2 companions. I find the rewards from them much better than normal quests, though I do them mostly for the story and increased challenge. Edited by Siltyn
typo

They just give an alternate way to quest and also give some good loot. My guild is doing a once a night "alt night" and we are pretty much just doing class quests, heroics and flashpoints, and that gets you leveled up pretty well. Also, by doing one of the bonus series heroics on Balmorra, I got the pants to complete the armor set I wanted.

Bioware created 2 and 4 man groups assuming it would be easier for people to group with. However, few in charge at Bioware understood that you need to have a base game that brings a community together, so people form friendships easier and thus...group.

Instead, the created a game that does next to nothing to create a community and you have basically almost all players PUGGING with few exceptions outside those that came here with a guild from another game.

Enjoy the game for what it is, a single player game with online capabilities masked with some MMO aspects.

Actually I agree completely with the OP. The rewards aren't worth the time it takes if you don't have a normal group to team with. If you have a group you can fall back on (be it real life friends you play with or a guild that's active enough) then sure the exp is nice, but if not it's honestly a waste of time. The loot is ok, but considering you can get gear you can mod it's not needed and the exp isn't worth sitting around trying to get a group.

I do agree the story lines are nice, but again in a game that actually is built for you to NOT group it's just not in me to worry about the heroics. The created the game the way they did (so solo friendly that most don't group and the social aspect of the game is so small) and I'm not complaining I like the game but the heroics are simply a waste.

For every zone I've been to, someone on my friend list has asked me (or I've asked them) to do all the heroics in a zone all at once. This has happened while I'm soloing, so I'm effectively not waiting at all. I have experienced your issue as well though.

I wouldn't say heroics are a waste, but the are not the most time-efficient method of leveling. But for me, they are fun. Moreso than flashpoints even, because sometimes I like grouping with someone else and still being able to use my pet. While in flashpoints, I primarily group with three other players. It adds another flavor to grouping.

Edited by Qonor

Well,

there's one big advantage you can get from doing it (as a group).

1) You can find out if you can "friend" a tank or "healer" for future flashpoint runs.

or basically find out the other way around .... to "avoid" a bad player.

There are one or two times that I had "grouped" with someone while I was at lvl 13,

then only recently I joined a group doing 16 man ops,

and low and behold, I remember that one person and he remembered me.

FYI, he was the very first person I grouped up with, LOL.

Even though he outlevelled me throughout the leveling process.

It's actually a good way to get a feel of a some people if you want to "join" their

guild, and some time to "talk" to them about their guild if they're inviting or recruiting.

Edited by Crawfishies

Rakata Mind Prison here, not overly crowded but I have had no problem finding groups and on more then one occasion when a 4man heroic went well we continued on to do a flashpoint together. Don't just disband as soon as quest is done...:rolleyes: Edited by Veriza

Well,

there's one big advantage you can get from doing it (as a group).

1) You can find out if you can "friend" a tank or "healer" for future flashpoint runs.

or basically find out the other way around .... to "avoid" a bad player.

There are one or two times that I had "grouped" with someone while I was at lvl 13,

then only recently I joined a group doing 16 man ops,

and low and behold, I remember that one person and he remembered me.

FYI, he was the very first person I grouped up with, LOL.

Even though he outlevelled me throughout the leveling process.

It's actually a good way to get a feel of a some people if you want to "join" their

guild, and some time to "talk" to them about their guild if they're inviting or recruiting.

OMG THIS. This defines what an MMO is to me.

the problem are the commendations.

Why take time to complete a harder/time-consuming part of the game, if you can find better luck right next door.

GET RID of the commendations. it will fix the crafting and the quest system.