Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

This talkings now are useless.

Let's talk about it when there will be enough full war hero geard people, with all possible augments, with changed warhero mods for optimized stats.

Then it will be the talk.

What to discuss now if there are no optimized chars utilizing all potential they could have in full strenght.

You realize equal gear stacks equally? Theres absolutely no reason to wait until people are geared in WH. All you need is two equally geared people and youll notice a healer will never survive and equal dps. Having both move to WH gear makes no difference.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but you have a lot to learn about science. I am being killed way faster then before; I'm talking within seconds sometimes. I'm playing in PvP gear. I can kill people in seconds, as well. There is something else going on besides a <2% increase. Perhaps this is not in line with your experience, but it is true for me and thousands of other players... Calculations that are not representative of reality for a great deal of players are useless. If scientists could get away with half-*** equations, everyone would be one...science is damn hard....think about it...

You made me wonder if the green highlight would go somewhere intelligent...

then I saw all the lack of evidence in red.

Also, prove this statistic. Because I've seen about 10 people on forums total that just keep reposting/spamming about TTK, not thousands (also note that forum population is a small fraction of player base, usually the ones that come to whine).

And FYI these aren't equations I "made" or "half-assed". Look at your expertise and add/multiply (3rd grade skills, not science) and see for yourself.

Also remember that health pools are largely the same, some people reporting a 2000 hp drop with no evidence do exist here in the forums, if you prove health pools have dropped I'll eat my words for you on that subject.

Also remember several classes were changed so your personal experience may be a result of class changes etc, not TTK.

Also keep in mind that expertise vs non-expertise WAS buffed greatly, meaning if you hit a 500- expertise player and you are 900+ expect giant yellow numbers, not indicative of equally geared players (the purpose of this thread).

Edited by MrXen

What ticks me off the most is lack of reply from BioWare. .

THIS

TOTALLY THIS

Of course, as the past has shown, whenever they make a mistake, this is the route they go ... silence.

And I expect, at some point, the answer will be, "our internal metrics show that TTK is consistent post 1.2 with what it was pre 1.2".

GAH

its not the expertise that is making ttk shorter is the boost to burst dmg output... still doesn't me recruit is worth getting more then a few pieces unless your a fresh 50 and even then you should have atleast 1 BM piece when you hit 50 2-4 the day you hit 50 unless you got to bed right after. Tanks can make a huge difference at the start of a fight with well used taunts and guard.

With the changes to loss reward with latest patch I am content for now with pvp.

This talkings now are useless.

Let's talk about it when there will be enough full war hero geard people, with all possible augments, with changed warhero mods for optimized stats.

Then it will be the talk.

What to discuss now if there are no optimized chars utilizing all potential they could have in full strenght.

It will only get worse, you know that right?

ALSO, keep in mind, easily tuned with expertise (or one would think).

Yeah with that statement I was referring more to buffs to classes, not expertise-related ones. Since most of the "too much dmg QQ" threads seem to be directed at maras/sents.

You realize equal gear stacks equally? Theres absolutely no reason to wait until people are geared in WH. All you need is two equally geared people and youll notice a healer will never survive and equal dps. Having both move to WH gear makes no difference.

People do not have equal gear in terms of using the same stats. Someone will put +power augs, someone will put +defense (I will personally try both with rakata + cunning stim/endurance stim).

Healers will change mods with alacrity to power/surge (especially IA/Scoundrel using instants), war hero itemization (not increase of expertise) is different from BM.

My sniper in full BM killed light armor fast before 1.2. After 1.2 nothing, really nothing changed in terms of killing speed for me (actually it was decresed as vanilla BM have lot's of accuracy instead of remodded power/surge and I gave up some rakata pieces).

Sorcs are same squishisness as before, assasin tanks are same opnees as before.

12 k hp bums probably really notice difference, but they can just buy starter set, it's cheap. But of course the most lazy and the most ignorant 12 k hp bums instead of buying starter set start drama on forums.

Edited by BambulaGTS

Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.

I would also like to know if PvP is working as intended.

Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.

Bump the original thread...I would like to know if the TTK is working as intended. The skill required to play pvp now has changed imo. solo skill has gone out the window, working as a grp, or rather a zerg, is now the skill required.

Don't expect to get an answer guys. I suggest you start looking at GW2, thats a game that seems to bring pvp to another level.

They also listen to their testers, nice change of things..

Yeah! Because you have first hand experience amirite? I'm sure GW2 will be different from every other MMO on the market! (optomization issues they're having right now aside!)

Would be interesting to note. Bioware hasn't said anything about the 180 they have pulled on the state of pvp. The initial game was always slower paced, more tactical. Now, it is zergfest after zergfest.

I would like a definitive answer as well. If this is PVP, then it will be something I stop doing. If I wanted zerg pvp, I would play any of the other pvp mmos out there.

A good fix to this is; pre 1.2, dmg and damg reduce scaled with each other, aka slow paced kills.

But now, dmg is 6-7-8% higher than dmg reduce aka fast kill= zerg fest.

If they just buff dmg reduce up to dmg, all will be good again.

The people complaining about a dramatic increase in TTK must be wearing PvE gear in PvP. I notice very little, if any difference in TTK from 1.1.5 to 1.2. The biggest difference is that having a healer on you that is facerolling their keyboard no longer grants you godmode, and healers can't herp derp and facetank 5 people at once. Granted, the GOOD healers I know are right back to being an essential part of the PvP group and dramatically increasing your uptime, it's only the mediocre ones that are still crying.

Fix your gear, learn to play, stop making incorrect assumptions about game mechanics.

The people complaining about a dramatic increase in TTK must be wearing PvE gear in PvP. I notice very little, if any difference in TTK from 1.1.5 to 1.2. The biggest difference is that having a healer on you that is facerolling their keyboard no longer grants you godmode, and healers can't herp derp and facetank 5 people at once. Granted, the GOOD healers I know are right back to being an essential part of the PvP group and dramatically increasing your uptime, it's only the mediocre ones that are still crying.

Fix your gear, learn to play, stop making incorrect assumptions about game mechanics.

Riôt -

They have painted themselves into a corner with the current game. It is all balanced around their "tight" enrage timers for raiding now. Nothing else in the game matters. They cannot nerf dps nor buff healing with the current state of raiding. This is what you get when you design to dumb things down. DPS does x healing does y and it only matters what it looks like on a spread sheet.

You're wrong. This is what the expertise stat is for, to be able to balance pvp damage/prevention/healing. This is why expertise has a different scaling effect on these 3 things, so they can be tweaked individually.

Your post tells me that you were the one face rolling and couldnt understand how to use interrupts to shut sorcerer healers down. Sadly BW listened to you and other horrible players like you.

Long fights like the one where my guardian did 500k damage mostly to 1 healer and got 2kbs and 7 kills total and no one capped the middle turret in Alderan will forever be burned into my brain as the worst possible pvp nightmare ever.

That was not "tactical" pvp it was stupid, completely non-immersive, boring to watch and very non-starwarsy. I'm typing this on a phone or I'd present a more detailed examination of people's use of the word "tactical" to justify op'd healing.

1.2 made me much happier with the game and the pvp.

Long fights like the one where my guardian did 500k damage mostly to 1 healer and got 2kbs and 7 kills total and no one capped the middle turret in Alderan will forever be burned into my brain as the worst possible pvp nightmare ever.

Again, this occurred due to infinite resources, which healers do not have anymore. They fixed this, but further changes weren't needed. Especially the alacrity buff to deliverance change. Honestly TTK is lowered from several things. BioWare's too scared to come out and say why. Either because they don't know, or they just don't care about their community.

I haven't played today on the new patch, but it's my understanding based on the patch notes that reward compensation is closer to what it was pre 1.2. Now, I'm in agreement TTK is out of control now bigtime, and I wanted to also clarify something else that I've seen quoted throughout the thread.

Juggernauts didn't get any additional buffs beyond the same dps buffs a marauder received. As a tank spec jug, my defense has been severely nerfed. When I pop my bubble around a marauder or another dps and go into the field I last more than two seconds-- but I last now maybe seven or eight seconds. Defense has been nerfed significantly to the point there's no use even casting saber ward anymore. Pre 1.2 I'd have a couple seconds once engaged in combat once I popped saber ward to attempt a stun, interrupt or an offensive move. Now, it's like I don't even have protections like saberward and invincible. For me, I don't see a problem with increasing marauder's dps, since their defense is literally their offense, but doing so only works if you leave defense alone.

And to those who think Bioware is caving to forum qq, remember this: In any fan community, the most vocal don't often represent what the broad consensus of the audience thinks. There was evidently far more outrage over pvp that was never shown in the forums by subscribers, otherwise they would not have rolled back the reward system with this most recent patch.

The people trolling and flexing their pseudointellectual muscles about how awesome pvp is now and to just punish those who don't want to waste their time, are evidently not the ones they need to listen to.

REVERT TTK! BRING BACK REAL STRATEGY!

Oh... and about all this chain stun bs and the broken resolve system... well, that's for another series of paragraphs.