SOA HM - A battle against bugs

So both our guilds raid groups went into KP HM and cleared in in like 1.5 hours. Then both our groups went into EV HM and one shoted every boss up until SOA.

Last week we got SOA into third phase near the end of our raid on sunday. (we had a little bit of learning to do in the second phase.)

So this week, virtually every attempt we made, we were getting him to like 15% or lower, and we had like 4-5 attempts where we had him down to three percent.

Although we managed to play around the bugs in the second phase (ie. Lighting balls that target someone right before the floor drops, and as the lighting ball drops to the bottom floor it decides to come up through the floor of the platform and kill half our raid.) We were unable to beat the two major bugs in the third phase.

Bug 1 - SOA randomly dropping aggro and targeting some random person in our raid making it nearly impossible to position him under the spikes.

Bug 2 - Spike landing clean on him, but not removing his shield. We have footage of multiple attempts where this has happened.

Raiding in this game seems to be very frustrating because although you have the gear and the mechanics of the fight down, the bugs are not letting you progress.

Anyway, just needed to vent some frustration after hours of fighting bugs.

Edited by TripleOG

So both our guilds raid groups went into KP HM and cleared in in like 1.5 hours. Then both our groups went into EV HM and one shoted every boss up until SOA.

Last week we got SOA into third phase near the end of our raid on sunday. (we had a little bit of learning to do in the second phase.)

So this week, virtually every attempt we made, we were getting him to like 15% or lower, and we had like 4-5 attempts where we had him down to three percent.

Although we managed to play around the bugs in the second phase (ie. Lighting balls that target someone right before the floor drops, and as the lighting ball drops to the bottom floor it decides to come up through the floor of the platform and kill half our raid.) We were unable to beat the two major bugs in the third phase.

Bug 1 - SOA randomly dropping aggro and targeting some random person in our raid making it nearly impossible to position him under the spikes.

Bug 2 - Spike landing clean on him, but not removing his shield. We have footage of multiple attempts where this has happened.

Raiding in this game seems to be very frustrating because although you have the gear and the mechanics of the fight down, the bugs are not letting you progress.

Anyway, just needed to vent some frustration after hours of fighting bugs.

We had Soa randomly target off the tank during the second phase. You'd think it was the tank just losing aggro but it felt like clockwork.

Hit the tank, switch to a DPS and hit for 4k damage, hit the tank, switch to a DPS and hit for 4k damage and repeat. I swear something must have been altered with his aggro table.

We didn't have that issues in the second phase, but I wouldn't doubt that something has been changed with his aggro table. There is something to be said when 3/4 of our raid is overgeared for this place (most of our players have more than 5 pieces of rakata) and we still can't down it simply because the bugs stop us from following the "intended" mechanics of the fight. Edited by TripleOG

This week we had

- soa randomly deaggroing and going for random raid member in all phases. very annoying in phase 3

- ball lighning staying permanently alive

- invisible ball lightning owning the entire raid during phase change

- platforms missing, not just one...

- tank mid trapped

- obelisk dropping onto soa but not removing the shield up to 3 times in a row

never was as bugged as this week

Welcome to Star Wars: Battle of the Bugs, where you don't beat bosses, you beat bugs.

I'd rather overtuned content which is ridiculously hard than banging my head up against a wall to all the bugs present. BioWare really needs to hire a team to test this stuff, because I would call ******** on anyone saying they do currently test their content.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the bug wherein Soa's targeting behavior is too random in the quest "Eternity Vault." Kindly be advised that this is a known bug. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

;)

Thank you for contacting us regarding the bug wherein Soa's targeting behavior is too random in the quest "Eternity Vault." Kindly be advised that this is a known bug. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

;)

Fixed it for you.

Yup. Soa fight on HM definitely feels like a battle against the RNG of bugginess than anything else. It would be nice if we could get acknowledgement from BW regarding this. Even if they don't have a fix set for the next immediate patch, it'd be nice to know that it's under investigation officially.

kept getting screwed by random aggro me and the mara would be on the mind traps to kill them the tank has him under the pillar and he agros to one of us across the room out of range as the pillar drops and this **** still isnt fixed get your act together bioware

We only had the deaggro happen once, and it was very obvious that people were trying to dps him in spite of him being immune. After the wipe they were told to be more intelligent, and it never happened again. The real bug we have is the pillar falling.. hitting Soa.. and the shield stays up.

Wonder how many times I have to write this.

The so called random aggro is NOT random, SOA resets aggro as soon as he casts mind trap, this happens in both phase 1 and 2. If your tank can't figure out what to do, then this particular "bug" is clearly a l2p issue.

Wonder how many times I have to write this.

The so called random aggro is NOT random, SOA resets aggro as soon as he casts mind trap, this happens in both phase 1 and 2. If your tank can't figure out what to do, then this particular "bug" is clearly a l2p issue.

I don't know how many people have to report that this is NOT how it's happening to everyone.

Last night we had Soa drop aggro off our tank both before and after Mind Traps, despite taunts. Mindtrap would be cast, tank would taunt.. he'd start to move towards the tank then suddenly shift to random raid member.

We only had the deaggro happen once, and it was very obvious that people were trying to dps him in spite of him being immune. After the wipe they were told to be more intelligent, and it never happened again. The real bug we have is the pillar falling.. hitting Soa.. and the shield stays up.

No one in our raid is stupid enough to DPS a boss that is immune, so this wasn't the cause of SOA dropping aggro.

No one in our raid is stupid enough to DPS a boss that is immune, so this wasn't the cause of SOA dropping aggro.

Our first couple attempts people were trying to DPS him. After the aggro dumps, I told them to stop except when he was vulnerable, and they did, but the aggro dump continued to happen. I've tried taunting before and after a mind trap and still would have Soa dropping aggro and running to someone else before I could position him for a pillar drop. This is annoying as hell. I'd honestly rather the occasional reset because the tank is mind trapped over this, but the fact they can't just make it so he doesn't mind trap his top aggro is mind boggling.

There are people that do attack and try and build up stacks so that when his shield drops they can hit hard. So saying that I am sure is not so true. I know many people that build up stacks on him but with the aggro bug it causes issues.

Here is a list of the bugs that I have noticed.

Going to list the work arounds because they didnt bother fixing this **** this week :mad:

1. SOA targeting random people on the 5th phase

Its not actually random, its based on the last person to hit he boss in phase 3. The agro will default to this person. Most likely the trooper or smuggler dps. best to stop dps and let the tank finish phase 3.

2. Pillars not hitting SOA

Soa is actually not under the pillar due to his model not updating correctly. When ever he casts a spell it will show him glide over while casting, hes actually still where he was until he casts again.

3. Platforms not there

This is due to a wipe during phase 2 or 4, (reseting during this phase) You have to reset the instance to fix this.

4. Soa aoeing after phase 2 or 4 even with mini pillars all killed

This happens after reseting the instance.

5. Being tossed in the air following a lightning ball detonation.

Nothing you an do about this.

6. Lightning balls being invisible / moving through the floor.

This happens when they travel off an edge, most prevalent during transitions. Make sure all lightning balls are down before transitions.

7. Boss reseting when tank is trapped on phase 5.

If tank was last one to hit the boss on phase 3 and is trapped on phase 5 the fight will reset.

As you have noticed there are a lot of things that contradict each other. Here is the best way to run the fight.

1. reset the instance

2. have one player enter the instance initiate the fight jump off the side and die

3. everyone enter go down and start the soa fight

4. get a bit lucky on phase 3

5. make sure the tankest dps gets the last hit on the boss (commandos work the best)

6. that dps will effectively be the main tank for phase 5.

7. make sure the 'tank' primary agro holder stands directly under the pillars.

8. make sure soa casts at least once while in that position.

This allows you to avoid the majority of the critical bugs. Being instant wipes or fight resets. Hopefully this **** will be fixed next week, and new bugs wont be added.

i gotta say these bugs are prolly the most annoying thing we have encountered in our guilds runs, we can burn through Karraga HM in under 1.5 hours and one shot every boss in EV HM till SOA but ill be damned that if its not one bug its another every attempt we try. usually we get pretty lucky and the stars will align and we can get him down sometime during the week but not this last week. we encountered either 1-3 different bugs each time we did the fight through the three different phases.

this has caused nearly 75% of our guild to stop playing and are looking at going to other games because its not fun banging your head against the wall trying to beat a boss that bugs out everytime.

we initially had 3 seperate teams that raided on a set schedule but now we have had to consolidate them down into 1 group that might or might not go because people dont want to waste hours and hours trying to down a boss whos mechanics tweak out, and make it damn near impossible.

The big post a couple above covered things pretty well, wanted to add a few thoughts.

We've only experienced the missing platforms about 3 times total in all the 8(?) weeks of raiding we've done. If it is linked to wiping during either transition phase, that would make sense since we don't really ever wipe during that anymore.

Balls going invisible happens when you kite them too far. They aren't going to disappear on HM/NM like they do on Normal for you.

Balls still coming after you during transition between phase 2 and 3 isn't new. With the Giant Red Letters letting everyone know who balls are targeting now, it's trivial to have targets jump down away from rest of the raid and eat their balls as normal.

Haven't really had pylons missing hitting him if he's ACTUALLY in position in phase 3. Considering it is a little tricky for tanks to learn how to adjust their camera to find the pylons in the first place, I'm not convinced it's quite as buggy as some make it out to be, although there does seem to be some syncing issues occasionally.

Aggro in phase 3. Admittedly, this seems different now, but what I've seen is that if you attack him right when he spawns in phase 3 while invulnerable still (think Snipers putting up Shatter Shot to have the debuff last through the first vulnerable period) you can screw up the aggro. Seemed to be the major reason for that problem occurring.

Getting tossed right after lightning balls sucks, especially without timers, but if you've done the fight enough, you kind of get a feel for when he's going to whirlwind again and you'd be silly to bust a lightning ball too close to that timer. Have healers look to immediately top off people eating lightning balls or even throw a hot on right after the explode to at least try to counteract any possible air damage.

If you're dying to someone being in the air when the transition goes, your dps was stupid to push him over at that point. Also have had sorcs use their friendly pull to save people getting dropped out of the air in this situation before.

There are a lot of little possible bugs in this fight, but many of it can be dealt with /avoided. It feels a lot more stable on HM versus NM just because of the damage some classes will take from a lightning ball that gets an extra shock off along with an explosion. As a Sniper I haven't really dealt with that issue, but I've seen sorcs with 17k+ health and a bubble get "one shot" by their lightning ball that they run into to soak.