WELL SORTED full list of Servers for Transfer

tysuhev

What is the difference in latency between an East Coast and a West Coast server if you live on the West Coast? Or are they in the same server farm (I honestly don't know).

I live on the west coast but I'm on an east coast server from my guild. I get latency in the low 100s, usually 110-120ms. If I was on a west coast server I'd likely get 40-50ms. I'd assume most people fall within that range of about a 60-70ms difference.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's understandable, but I really don't want to go to an east coast server. I'd gladly accept an option to go to a west coast pvp server instead.

I wouldnt be surprised if they open this option to some of you RPers here and in Europe later, but I think right now they want to keep the transfers completely targeted, and only to same server types and see how things balance out.

I really hope BW addressed the lag and FPS issues after the xfers. I play on JC, last night we had 300+ on the Imp fleet,which was awesome but laggy, and our server status was listed as Full; today they added 4 more servers to xfer over to JC. Depending on the populations of these servers we will probably go to 400-500+ on the Imp fleet and I shudder to think of what the lag will be like.

Brace yourself for a new round of QQ,BioWare. "I r on heavy pop serverz nao,but I no can move!!!!"

I really hope BW addressed the lag and FPS issues after the xfers. I play on JC, last night we had 300+ on the Imp fleet,which was awesome but laggy, and our server status was listed as Full; today they added 4 more servers to xfer over to JC. Depending on the populations of these servers we will probably go to 400-500+ on the Imp fleet and I shudder to think of what the lag will be like.

Brace yourself for a new round of QQ,BioWare. "I r on heavy pop serverz nao,but I no can move!!!!"

Are you sure its lag and not your computer?

I had 30-40MS of latency on JC last night, but my PC would chug on occasion.

I'm also on the shadowlands, and I'm disappointed too. we were the third most populated, and it's looking like that's a death sentence. we're populated enough to be a "low priority" but not big enough to be a destination. We'll probably be one of the last servers transferred. welcome to having a name like "Bxji'tre'fc-es" because every other conceivable combination of letters has been taken.

Yes, behind Jedi Covenant and Canderous Ordo, we are the 3rd largest PvE East Coast server and I assumed that we would be a destination server, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

The only other scenario I see is that they stop transferring people into Covenant and Ordo and find like 12 PvE East Coast servers and merge them into us but who knows.

Its funny because from what I hear, Old Republic Dads is one of the largest/most active guilds in the game! And the fact that Bioware is breaking them up and forcing them to reform is just weird but it looks like that is what is going to happen.

Are you sure its lag and not your computer?

I had 30-40MS of latency on JC last night, but my PC would chug on occasion.

It's possible, but I never usually have problems. Apparently I wasn't the only one experiencing this by the chatter going on in General Chat.

Isn't that what they want? Afew super servers?

Hey, im all for it. I mean my guild is kinda struggling to keep its raiding attendence up as it is so id much prefer not to lose anyone on the transfers out but if it has to be it has to be. We can always recover, or even grow given the higher pops.

Has the super servers been confirmed yet? Seems that way ... unless I missed something, Fatman couldnt fit anyone else before now.

Yes, behind Jedi Covenant and Canderous Ordo, we are the 3rd largest PvE East Coast server and I assumed that we would be a destination server, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

The only other scenario I see is that they stop transferring people into Covenant and Ordo and find like 12 PvE East Coast servers and merge them into us but who knows.

Its funny because from what I hear, Old Republic Dads is one of the largest/most active guilds in the game! And the fact that Bioware is breaking them up and forcing them to reform is just weird but it looks like that is what is going to happen.

Im in Old Timers Guild and we thought that The Shadowlands would be a destination server as well. We don't know for sure, but its definitely looking like we will be moving. But, things might change and we will see.

I'm also on the shadowlands, and I'm disappointed too. we were the third most populated, and it's looking like that's a death sentence. we're populated enough to be a "low priority" but not big enough to be a destination. We'll probably be one of the last servers transferred. welcome to having a name like "Bxji'tre'fc-es" because every other conceivable combination of letters has been taken.

With ~40% of servers account for I think it's too early to conclude that there won't be more destination servers.

Good list OP, and as you can see there's a definite pattern of certain servers selected only. What I'm worried about is whether this might change, and they will select another server with which to redirect transfers to. The ones currently selected are generally the most populated, but those of us waiting might be linked to a much less populated server that doesn't fill up similar to the others if they decide to change up the destination servers.

For example look at The Bastion, a server that was low pop to begin with. I haven't seen more servers get transferred there as opposed to the already heavily populated ones. While transfers to The Bastion will assuredly increase its overall population, I don't see it being anywhere close to the others. If they opened new servers as a destination I'd be very worried that ultimately it could turn into a ghost server as well.

I run a guild on kaiburr crystal. Wish i knew if we were origin or destination server and if we r to move what date it would be available to transfer. Would like to give guild members advance warning and heads up for the move. Hate being in limbo. Afraid to try to sell gear on the gtn.

It appears they copied --> pasted the OPs list onto the official thread for servers lol

And this is a bad thing how?

The way I see it, their thread is the official thread that is closed to discussion while ours is the "unofficial" version that is open to discussion.