Synthweaving totaly useless?

Maaajk

My main character is a 50 Conceal/lethality concealment Operative, however i maxed synthweaving after already having max biochem on my other 50, it feels so useless and wasted time/skill to have.

What should i get instead? It feels like i can buy wz med packs +exotech stims(or whatever the new will be in 2.0)

but what craft skills are usefull?

I do dailys, gonna try and do some raids if op will be usefull other then that i only pvp.

Also got 4x Marauder i plan on doing moore pve but still mainly pvp with, i put biochem on him, but same there, can use exotech and wz med packs..

Thnx for all ur help and suggestions

Cybertech is the only other viable end-game crafting crew skill, because of the re-useable grenades.

If your intent is making profit, SW/Armormech can craft augment kits and some valuable augments some will rush as soon as 2.0 hits live.

sure i have plans on making money, but i dont get it for only the money, i want something thats usefull and worth doing, i got synthw 400 and its skills along, but never crafted anything...

Indeed, we'll continue to see these threads for all skills where people think when they reach 400 they have to craft end game items only. Synthweaving does useful levelling orange gear, augments and kits. RE some levelling stuff and well, you make credits.

Indeed, we'll continue to see these threads for all skills where people think when they reach 400 they have to craft end game items only. Synthweaving does useful levelling orange gear, augments and kits. RE some levelling stuff and well, you make credits.

If only players had that sense, the game would be so much better....also, they don't really need to just craft orange items, they can make standard gear too.

It depends really if you are so stuck up on how your character looks or not, i think buying crafted blue gear for a reasonable price is more of a money saver then buying the mods themselves.

I will be stopping here, i tend to get flamed when i post stuff that others don't agree with.

my intention wasnt to make money, sure i wanne be able to, but i want it to be usefull for anything mainly, like pvp for bio u can use reusable healing potions and stims(i know exotech exists) and cyber gives augments + grenades

my intention wasnt to make money, sure i wanne be able to, but i want it to be usefull for anything mainly, like pvp for bio u can use reusable healing potions and stims(i know exotech exists) and cyber gives augments + grenades

Cybertech doesn't make augments. Synthweaving, armstech and armormech make augments. I am not sure how synthweaving is useless when you can make augments and augmentation kits, which are necessary to maximize the potential of your character.

sure i have plans on making money, but i dont get it for only the money, i want something thats usefull and worth doing, i got synthw 400 and its skills along, but never crafted anything...

Synthweaving is mostly about making armour for force users. An Operative is not a force user, and I don't think any of your companions are either. Armormech might have enabled you to make equipment for your group, Armstech might have created/upgraded their weapons, Cybertech would have been a source of mods. Synthweaving or Artifice are a lot less useful for an Operative.

If only players had that sense, the game would be so much better....also, they don't really need to just craft orange items, they can make standard gear too.

It depends really if you are so stuck up on how your character looks or not, i think buying crafted blue gear for a reasonable price is more of a money saver then buying the mods themselves.

I will be stopping here, i tend to get flamed when i post stuff that others don't agree with.

You mean like providing zero proof? Or the fact that you stated in another thread you hate crafting, yet you complain about crafters. Maybe people "overprice" stuff compared to your standards because they don't enjoy it either, but they need cash.

Synthweaving is mostly about making armour for force users. An Operative is not a force user, and I don't think any of your companions are either. Armormech might have enabled you to make equipment for your group, Armstech might have created/upgraded their weapons, Cybertech would have been a source of mods. Synthweaving or Artifice are a lot less useful for an Operative.

Synthweaving have some oranges that are ment for operatives (have class restrictions for mara or agent that is).

They also have one companion Victor (bug guy) that wears stuff that a Sythweaver would craft.

Is this the best choice for a agent to pick up to him I would of gone Bio or Cyber if this was my first toon. As they both will help more with alts, and end game. But that is just my thoughts.

I wish they'd let Synthweavers RE any static piece of wearable gear to an empty orange modable schematic. That would give us one more useful thing to do for other players. Really like that lvl 23 look, but you really need to upgrade your gear, get the piece RE'd and plop in the latest mods! Thanks game-relevant Synthweaver!

Unless I totally missed something, but does the Perfect Upari Crystal still have no use? By the time 2.0 arrives it's going to be outdated. Starting to feel dumb for actually taking the time to collect some. :jawa_frown:

It is used in the gormak crystal alphawave inhibitor recipe, an artificer crafted consumable that you need for battling the nightmare pilgrim.

Edited by Karkais

It is used in the gormak crystal alphawave inhibitor recipe, an artificer crafted consumable that you need for battling the nightmare pilgrim.

OS to answer his question, other than for that there is no use for the crystal, and on our server I have not heard anyone dropping the pilgram in a long time. Our guild has a ton of the inhibitor's in the bank, because they used to make money and we used to kill the pilgram before (TFB dropped).

• 2 months later...

The problem i find with synthweaving, armortech (in particular as i have those two and armortech was my first crew skill) is the following.

1) Whilst leveling you always found something better than you could craft yourself

2) Due to the modding aspect, once you found a "orange" armor in slot, it was easier to maintain whilst leveling.

3) Although it's possible to get epic level armor, via reverse engineering, the process is slow, tedious and by the time you did get the epic version, you leveled past it's need, plus you then needed to procure rarer materials to be able to make the item. All in all expensive, credit wise and time wise.

4) I think the reverse engineering proc on lower level schematics is too low.

5) Its also not possible to craft all slots from the beginning, i.e you can only make 2 items at level 9, then you gain another 2 at level 11. Yes fair enough it doesn't take long to level from 9 to 11 but it would be REALLY nice if once i get the crew skill i could basically make all slots from the start, call it an added benefit / advantage of being able to make my own armor?

6) End game you turn into a augment machine, fair enough, however it would be nice to be able to learn to make near top level items, with certain conditions so that they were comparable to gearing requirements for harder content for both pve and pvp.

In close, the concept of being able to wear my own armor, has allot of appeal, however from a leveling point i found it inadequate and expensive to maintain, in comparison to slicing, made me considerably richer which subsequently made gearing allot easier.

Then again it depends on ones expectation, mine was to be able to make my own gear whilst i was leveling to 50, but the reality was i quickly found good quality replacements which in most cases didn't cost me anything.