Will EA let SWTOR fall apart?

Ouardajason

Yes, that is their exact plan, you've figured it out. They invested money and are still keeping the game around to milk you.

I assume you posted this very important question, because you're looking for an official answer, right?

Something in the lines of "yes, we intend to milk you and we purposely leave bugs in the game to torture you"?

I would feel alot better if it came from a Moderator with the special glowing words highlighted making it a official EA announcement.

EA is not going to say either way, if they were going to let the game fail (which they're not) then they wouldn't announce it. If they were planning on trying to protect it, then they still wouldn't say, because of all the conspiracy theory nuts out there.

PS. I put the word "would" into your quote to correct it.

I feel alot better if it came from a Moderator with the special glowing words highlighted making it a official EA announcement.

Why does or why would a company sit here and lie through their teeth about their financial goals/ambitions for said product? It's not good business and it's bad for press.

I was just wondering if EA is limiting the support and the only strategy they have planed for this mmo is just to milk out as much cash from our wallets before the game becomes unplayable from all the bugs..

I think I have played this game for nearly three years now. A year prior to launch, in the closed beta, and the years since EGA. I've had MAYBE one crash to desktop. Even then I can't recall it, it's been so long ago. These bugs are rare, and it's generally a very, very vocal minority.