Class Quest The Lightspring

kjensen

Lightspring can be the hardest smuggler mission. My advice is to find some of the other Lightspring threads here in this part of the forum where people have posted very good strategies to beat it. It should not be a level thing (after all, you can see what level your enemies are and I think for class quests they are always your level). Lightspring just needs a bit more thought, strategy and planning and possibly a bit of luck. Pretty much everyone dies a few times in this mission.

Any quest that requires a Smuggler to instantly jump into battle is a anti-class quest.

Let me explain that Smuggler and Gunfighter need a preparation time in order go have skills up and ready to fight. And Lightspring like many other quests are designed for JEDI or SITH Warriors ONLY.

When the game is designed around only the Light-saber class of character you get these situations of CRAZY HARD CLASS QUESTS.

Let me ask you what quest do the Light-saber class have that equals the Lightspring?

Answer: NONE!

Reason: All quests are designed around the Light-saber class to play and do.

I say they should have more missions like this. Missions where you have to actually think before you act and where going in guns blazing does not work.

I disagree that this is a Jedi mission. It is smuggler mission all the way. What would a smuggler do if he saw two Jedi fighting. Leave them to it. Go after Diego first and it will go much easier. And don't go all out on the Jedi/sith. Let the force user tank.

Combat was very smuggler oriented. Use disappearing act and have fun watching sith and jedi jumping at each other throats. I died many times trying to do it conventional ways - and I enjoyed it. More than any other class quest. Even recorded on my fraps. Easiest way is of course to let jedi tank sith and kill smuggler first.

Just remember that your Jedi friend (or sith friend too, I suppose depending on your choice) is practically invincible. What this means is the fight is pretty much 1 then the next.

Just make sure corso (or whoever you have out) isn't aoe'ing the lightsaber wielder onto you. Single target, interrupt heal (stun, flash nade, traditional interrupts) and then heal up (using the energy free channeled one) and slowly beat down the saber wielder.

I disagree that this is a Jedi mission. It is smuggler mission all the way. What would a smuggler do if he saw two Jedi fighting. Leave them to it.

Apart from all the other times when you've kicked the living daylights out of Sith and their little friends.

Go after Diego first and it will go much easier.

Why in Ifni's dark Abyss would you even touch a target that's been CCed? Jedi CC breaks on damage, so leaving the fat oik dangling is the natural thing to do. Only, if you're a Sawbones you can't churn out enough damage to finish the Sith before the CC finishes and Diago starts healing her. You'd have to be pretty lucky or fast with the Disappearing Act (and even then, I'm not sure you've got enough interrupts to beat Diago down from full) to get this down first time through without pre-warning.

I just wanted to say, that after finishing most of the planet and the class quest on alderaan I finnaly managed to kill those bastards in Lightspring. (lvl 30 gunslinger). Killed the sith first and somehow had Bowdaar still alive, that made the second part almost easy.

Now I only wish that I could bombard that cave from space so that my healing could begin.

I really hate that mission.

Why in Ifni's dark Abyss would you even touch a target that's been CCed? Jedi CC breaks on damage, so leaving the fat oik dangling is the natural thing to do. Only, if you're a Sawbones you can't churn out enough damage to finish the Sith before the CC finishes and Diago starts healing her. You'd have to be pretty lucky or fast with the Disappearing Act (and even then, I'm not sure you've got enough interrupts to beat Diago down from full) to get this down first time through without pre-warning.

My emphasis added. But that is exactly why a Sawbones kills the fat man first. Letting the jedi/sith duke it out is ghetto CC as long as you need it and don't do something stupid like AoE them or step into their AoE range. If it takes you more than a minute to kill him, it's no big deal because the girls are still busy with one another.

That is not a cc its a stun. You can easily get the guy down to at least 1/4 health before the stun wears off.

My problem is: I brought Bowdaar with me...Fight starts, fat man floats, I pull back to a safe distance and send Bowdaar after the fat man. He whacks on him awhile. I heal him as well as I can for as long as he is alive....He dies...fat man comes after me. I can't get him to die..I get in cover..heal myself..He keeps firing and healing...Same with me...Girls don't die either..They keep at it..I did this for 35 minutes...Got bored with it and let him kill me. Now it's them same thing over and over...Should I use Corso to pull Fat man from where the girls are fighting?

Apart from all the other times when you've kicked the living daylights out of Sith and their little friends.

This is what happend to me over and over. The Sawbones has no Damage to finish the quest so what happens is he is standing there watching his tank take damage from both the sith and Diego.

Clearly if you are not way above the level of the quest a Sawbones is not going to pull it off.

My solution was just have someone come in and help me keep the Diego off me so we could then work on the Sith. Every time I tried to kill either the Sith or Diego they would both go after my tank. Or me.

What is sad is when Take Cover is so worthelss and he shoots me through rocks and everything else.

Edited by Metalmac

Hello everyone,

For any Smugglers who are having issues with The Lightspring, we do have several threads offering assistance on defeating the encounter:

While this thread will remain open for discussion, please do see the others linked above for further assistance for this class mission. Hope that helps!

Any quest that requires a Smuggler to instantly jump into battle is a anti-class quest.

Let me explain that Smuggler and Gunfighter need a preparation time in order go have skills up and ready to fight. And Lightspring like many other quests are designed for JEDI or SITH Warriors ONLY.

When the game is designed around only the Light-saber class of character you get these situations of CRAZY HARD CLASS QUESTS.

Let me ask you what quest do the Light-saber class have that equals the Lightspring?

Answer: NONE!

Reason: All quests are designed around the Light-saber class to play and do.

Ummm, I got to choose when I actually joined the battle in Lightspring. Sure, there was fighting going on, but I wasn't in combat until I chose to be in combat. That gave me setup time to turn off companion taunts and manually harpoon shot a certain person over to me. I also got a period after killing said person where I was out of combat giving me time to heal up and res Corso before going after another certain person.