Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

zero teamwork also means abscence of voice Communication. and that ppl are new to the game. I can live with both. But it doenst work vs an opponent that has all uberpowers. Therefore its better off:

Premades vs Premades

PUG vs PUG

end of story. (Now i got other stuff to attend, cya some other day!) :D

Did you know that you can communicate via typing to your teammates?

And then God said "LET THERE BE TEAMWORK VIA KEYBOARD" And there was /mindblown

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or....I hide in a premade sheepheard, carried by others so I can pretend im good?

Also like i said before i almost never premade, ever, (because i'm on a server i know no one on). What server are you on i would love to 1v1 you, lmao, are you even 55 yet? :rolleyes:

/Fail post

Edited by PowerReaper

Ladies and Gents, I believe we all just got trolled.

Call me an optimist, but I like to believe no part of humanity can be that stupid and still manage to use their computer. As observed, they avoided any decent point and continued to type the same generic rebuttals like a spam bot.

:confused: and we fell for it.

Call me an optimist, but I like to believe no part of humanity can be that stupid and still manage to use their computer. As observed, they avoided any decent point and continued to type the same generic rebuttals like a spam bot.

I have been convinced for some time that he is just a troll. I just like getting into arguments on the internet, whether or not they are seriousing me or not is irrelevant as they get me through the work day.

It makes the day pass a bit faster xD

He was the comic relief of this thread. We need more people like him :p

zero teamwork also means abscence of voice Communication. and that ppl are new to the game. I can live with both. But it doenst work vs an opponent that has all uberpowers. Therefore its better off:

Premades vs Premades

PUG vs PUG

end of story. (Now i got other stuff to attend, cya some other day!) :D

LOL Premades stunlock PUG chat box, which prevents them from doing any teamwork...

Nope you can't live with both, that much is obvious by your mass contradictions and OPd butthurt...

TBH it's more fun to play as a team and roflstomp noobs. Premades don't ruin PvP, but they make it less fun for those solo queueing.

The main issue I see with both sides of the argument is each wants the chances of a higher winning %, and not concerned about the integrity of the game.

I actually want a lower winrate when i premade ;-)

Sometimes if we run a good team and meet a pug full of inexperienced soloers it really is shooting fish in a barrel. It's boring and a waste of time for both sides. I try to get it over with as efficiently as possible and hope for better luck in the next game.

Thing is i'm convinced only matchmaking is gonna seriously change that, lots of premades are really not better than 4 randoms. (and truth be told, if we run on newish alts, or a stupid comp, we, too get demolished by the top premades on their mains)

Premades don't only ruin WZ as it stands they ruin it for future casual and PVE players who are likely to enter a WZ see whats happening and avoid it almost entirely.

BW has to realise that, although sad to say PVP is a major part of the old republic. To keep players playing to need to offer something much more in terms of being accessible to those mainly PVE and casual players to keep them involved.

A lot of hardcore pvpers care nothing for this game, their only interested in trying to show off their ability to gank and ruining it for others. quite likely they do the same thing in a myriad of other games also. Give them the chance to do something and they will (Farm PUGS).

The evidence for this is clearly stated in this thread and the thousand other compliant threads.

Having played WZ through various means, premade and pug since launch, I see NO viable reason for BW not to add a pug only queue system within the current WZ setup. It would be the easiest way to solve this problem. Not perfect but on the right track atleast.

(and truth be told, if we run on newish alts, or a stupid comp, we, too get demolished by the top premades on their mains)

Wait that's impossible because according to all the premaders on the thread there is no significant advantage to being in a premade and having a target caller and focus fire and group composition doesn't mean anything, and voip coordination as well as rehearsed non-random strategies.

:confused:

To hear you tell it, these things are actually A significant advantage. You know, because we were all thinking it was just such a peculiar thing that all these random pugs keep getting rolled by coordinated ops, hah hah, like, we were all just trying to pat ourselves on the back and tell ourselves how good we are, see, and the main thrust of our argument was to convince ourselves and the world that all these advantages you speak of were just "our own innate talent" exacerbated by "these pugs lack of skill".

Next, I'm sure you'll tell me the Harlem Globe Trotters are not a real basketball team and that they might really just get their sorry arses handed to them in a very humiliating way, if they had to play for realz. (Luckily for premades and the Globe Trotters, they will never have to in an EA game).:D

Edited by Comfterbilly

Premades don't only ruin WZ as it stands they ruin it for future casual and PVE players who are likely to enter a WZ see whats happening and avoid it almost entirely.

BW has to realise that, although sad to say PVP is a major part of the old republic. To keep players playing to need to offer something much more in terms of being accessible to those mainly PVE and casual players to keep them involved.

A lot of hardcore pvpers care nothing for this game, their only interested in trying to show off their ability to gank and ruining it for others. quite likely they do the same thing in a myriad of other games also. Give them the chance to do something and they will (Farm PUGS).

The evidence for this is clearly stated in this thread and the thousand other compliant threads.

Having played WZ through various means, premade and pug since launch, I see NO viable reason for BW not to add a pug only queue system within the current WZ setup. It would be the easiest way to solve this problem. Not perfect but on the right track atleast.

There is no real evidence which supports that players only group to (I cant believe you said the same term as unclesam) gank and farm pugs. Most evidence points to players grouping to avoid having one less player on their team in which they cannot count on.

The only thing ruining casuals and PvE players from getting started in PvP is their lack of understanding of what PvP in this game is. You need to have knowledge of your class and its roll(s) and different specs, you need to know about other classes roll(s) and specs to learn their strengths and weaknesses so you can counter them in warzones. You need to know how each warzone plays out and how objectives work. You need to know how to itemize your gear to maximize ones effectiveness in warzones.

Those things I listed is a major reason why I suspect a great many players run a few warzones and never queue again. I don't think it has much to do with 'premades stomping their faces in' I think it has more to do with a lack of understanding on PvP as a whole. There is a reason why Bioware blessed us with the mess that is bolster and it was directly linked to fresh 50's or new players trying out PvP at level 50 from either not picking up the recruit gear or not wearing it in general. Its things like that in which players need to understand the simple mechanics of PvP, all of which can be learned right here. All you need to do is ask and not sound like you are complaining because X class did this to you or whatever the complaint may be.

It would be the easiest way to solve this problem. Not perfect but on the right track atleast.

The easiest way is for bads to stop being bad, players to care enough about PvP to actually showup with the minimum requirements as dictated by the designers, and have a clue about what's going on. No design change required.

I know, its too much to ask isn't it.?...:rak_02:

Edited by L-RANDLE

There is no real evidence which supports that players only group to (I cant believe you said the same term as unclesam) gank and farm pugs. Most evidence points to players grouping to avoid having one less player on their team in which they cannot count on.

The only thing ruining casuals and PvE players from getting started in PvP is their lack of understanding of what PvP in this game is. You need to have knowledge of your class and its roll(s) and different specs, you need to know about other classes roll(s) and specs to learn their strengths and weaknesses so you can counter them in warzones. You need to know how each warzone plays out and how objectives work. You need to know how to itemize your gear to maximize ones effectiveness in warzones.

Those things I listed is a major reason why I suspect a great many players run a few warzones and never queue again. I don't think it has much to do with 'premades stomping their faces in' I think it has more to do with a lack of understanding on PvP as a whole. There is a reason why Bioware blessed us with the mess that is bolster and it was directly linked to fresh 50's or new players trying out PvP at level 50 from either not picking up the recruit gear or not wearing it in general. Its things like that in which players need to understand the simple mechanics of PvP, all of which can be learned right here. All you need to do is ask and not sound like you are complaining because X class did this to you or whatever the complaint may be.

No evidence huh? I was just on a team that did that very thing, and do so on a regular basis. Why? because I can I suppose and I know for a fact that there are a great many others of the same mind.

I agree that players need to learn about WZ but disagree that stomping them continuously will make that happen in anyway shape or form.

Wait that's impossible because according to all the premaders on the thread there is no significant advantage to being in a premade and having a target caller and focus fire and group composition doesn't mean anything, and voip coordination as well as rehearsed non-random strategies.

I think enough evidence points to there being advantages for being grouped and using VoIP but you make it sound like these advantages are insurmountable. We all know group comp matters, if it didn't than all specs/comps would be excepted in ranked. We all know that having someone call out targets for focus helps. What we (the ones who both group and solo) know is that we don't need to rely on these when grouped with pugs.

It's not hard to call out anything in a warzone like incomings, or target star or hilt. Its not terribly hard to see someone beating on a healer that if you help out it increases the chance of bringing that target down. Also if you PvP often enough you will start to notice who the heavy hitters are for both healing and dealing damage so its never a bad idea to use ''acquire targets target" to help with focus fire and help peel for healers so they can do their jobs.

We don't say there is no advantage, but you and others think that with these advantages and when faced with a premade that it will be a loss every single time.

No evidence huh? I was just on a team that did that very thing, and do so on a regular basis. Why? because I can I suppose and I know for a fact that there are a great many others of the same mind.

I agree that players need to learn about WZ but disagree that stomping them continuously will make that happen in anyway shape or form.

So you queue up to play TDM?

I have never seen a premade/guild who's sole purpose in life is to queue for regs and crush poor little pugs. Most want to win and to win in this game is to work as a team to control objectives while maintaining the ability to dps/heal/tank.

The easiest way is for bads to stop being bad, players to care enough about PvP to actually showup with the minimum requirements as dictated by the designers, and have a clue about what's going on. No design change required.

I know, its too much to ask isn't it.?...:rak_02:

I know right, and to be honest I'm getting sick and tired of it. The Pver's can make a "wierd people you meet in groupfinder" thread and it's hilarious, but pvpers have to put up with and accommodate those same idiots...

Make bolster for them, add solo only que for them, nerf all classes into oblivion for them. It gets old.

Why isn't the FP/OP forum full of posts calling for a solo only group finder que?:rolleyes:

I think enough evidence points to there being advantages for being grouped and using VoIP but you make it sound like these advantages are insurmountable. We all know group comp matters, if it didn't than all specs/comps would be excepted in ranked. We all know that having someone call out targets for focus helps. What we (the ones who both group and solo) know is that we don't need to rely on these when grouped with pugs.

It's not hard to call out anything in a warzone like incomings, or target star or hilt. Its not terribly hard to see someone beating on a healer that if you help out it increases the chance of bringing that target down. Also if you PvP often enough you will start to notice who the heavy hitters are for both healing and dealing damage so its never a bad idea to use ''acquire targets target" to help with focus fire and help peel for healers so they can do their jobs.

We don't say there is no advantage, but you and others think that with these advantages and when faced with a premade that it will be a loss every single time.

Good points, but its still much much easier to call focus on a healer in voice chat, especially when there are more than 1 healer marked (as is the case lately), which one to focus first, etc. But the other big aspect of voice comm is coordianting ccs and interupts.

Good points, but its still much much easier to call focus on a healer in voice chat, especially when there are more than 1 healer marked (as is the case lately), which one to focus first, etc. But the other big aspect of voice comm is coordianting ccs and interupts.

Yeah I'm definitely not trying to say no advantages, they are there but anyone can over come them it just takes a few keystrokes and a brain.

I agree with you 100% on your last point about using CC's and interrupting caps/healers.

Yeah I'm definitely not trying to say no advantages, they are there but anyone can over come them it just takes a few keystrokes and a brain.

I agree with you 100% on your last point about using CC's and interrupting caps/healers.

It's true, but how often do the majority of premade groups on comms do that in regs?

It just usually doesn't require that much effort because there is no matchmaking.

I couldn't even began to count the # of 6-0 huttballs I've won while grouped up and in voice chat and no one even said a word on comms. Why, because the opposition was so bad there's really nothing to say. Everyone already knows what to do and just does it, and the other team does nothing to stop it.

So you queue up to play TDM?

I have never seen a premade/guild who's sole purpose in life is to queue for regs and crush poor little pugs. Most want to win and to win in this game is to work as a team to control objectives while maintaining the ability to dps/heal/tank.

Your the official spokesperson for the majority? sure.

I never said I don't hit objectives?.

It's true, but how often do the majority of premade groups on comms do that in regs?

It just usually doesn't require that much effort because there is no matchmaking.

I couldn't even began to count the # of 6-0 huttballs I've won while grouped up and in voice chat and no one even said a word on comms. Why, because the opposition was so bad there's really nothing to say. Everyone already knows what to do and just does it, and the other team does nothing to stop it.

I get into vent maybe half the time when grouped. I like to jam when I put myself in the right state of mind after work. When I am in vent its maybe 95% BS with my friends and 5% things relevant to the warzone we're in.

This is why matchmaking is the best option for this game. I just cant wrap my head around why people are against it.

I'm iffy about implementation of a matchmaking system just because of possible adverse effects that it could have on low pvp pop servers. Ex. Jedi Covenant is a very high pop server, but no longer has many notable players online until peak time. If a numeric matchmaking system were to be implemented, I'd be afraid that I'd be sitting in queue for half an hour waiting for 16 of the 30 good players on the server who could achieve a decent rating to log in.

I may actually start underperforming on 1 of my toons just to get reliable pops :p

I'm iffy about implementation of a matchmaking system just because of possible adverse effects that it could have on low pvp pop servers. Ex. Jedi Covenant is a very high pop server, but no longer has many notable players online until peak time. If a numeric matchmaking system were to be implemented, I'd be afraid that I'd be sitting in queue for half an hour waiting for 16 of the 30 good players on the server who could achieve a decent rating to log in.

If you have 8 players ranked with an A grade and 8 players ranked as a D grade it wouldn't put all A's against the D's it would split in up half and half. Now obviously the goal would be to have 8 A's face the same grading but you get the idea.

I may actually start underperforming on 1 of my toons just to get reliable pops :p

lets just say there are only 16 players online who are intending to queue. If the player ratings were all over the place they would still all be placed in the warzone. If the population doesn't support it at every moment queues would not fail to pop like you would have with solo only and group only queues.

But honestly most of the community queues after work/school and random times during weekends and that's when the system would be at its strongest.

Edited by cycao