Jedi Sage vs Jedi Shadow (Consular)

russellisyellow

Well, there does not appear to be a search bar on the forums so it looks like I'm posting what I think someone has already done. I'm trying to choose my AC for my Jedi Consular but I don't know what to pick. I heard about possible discrimination against Jedi Shadows because there is a lack of healers. Is this true? I really don't want to get stuck picking a Shadow if the damage is not good and if the class is useless to groups. Help me decide? Shadow is appealing to me more, but I really don't want to be stuck at level 25 unable to find a group or unable to solo on my own.

Really, don't worry about it.

If you like assasin go for it!

They make good tanks and dps and you will be usefull to groups.

If there is any imbalance between the classes this will be patched sooner rather then later.

Don't take a FOTM (flavour of the month) class, It might get nerfed next week.....

Either class can be specced to DPS, so I wouldn't say discrimination is the correct term. If you're looking to get places in Flashpoints, and play the game in easy mode, I'd suggest you level up as a healer and take a tank companion to take the damage for you.

At the end of the day though, the choise is yours and yours alone. You shouldn't bow down to what other players think of your class. If they want to worry about a lack of healers, they should roll one instead of avoiding the responsibilities associated by healing, and going DPS instead.