Merc healers are OP

Jabbb

I run with a merc healer. He does 550k heals with me, 4 or even 5 on two we are able to pull it out with me burning one after another while he just keeps me up np. They have the strongest heals too. Edited by Jabbb

they have strong single target heals and need to be stationary. Learn to exploit there weakness.

make them move around (hard to do I admit)

Use AoE to bring a few people down than you can FF one while he's trying to heal the others.

Edit: Nice work man. Your a good team. You're not OP.

Edited by zacger

One keeps forgetting about the armor rating. Sorcs have the lowest. Once ya primary a sorc, he's done healing. Barrier can last only for so long and it takes 30 secs to cast back on. Edited by Scav

STOP NERFING! If a class is op dont make that one less op by nerfing him just make eveyrone else up too par. You keep nerfing all the classes and nerfing abilities. WHY? players are always going to complain about certain classes being OP. Thats the name of the game. Make them all fair and balanced but dont go down or less go up and more!

amazing. As a commando healer, while being quite tough, i dont see how this class is overpowered. As soon as someone with the same gear is on me, i have to stop healing to sirvive. Plus with bubble on cd i am easy prey for every dd, ranged or melee.

My healing output, while quite something when undisturbed, is less than a sorcs. In PvE I have a hard time as soon as multiple people get damage. Same in PvP. As soon as Mercs / Commandos got more than average numbers, DoT classes could easily counterbalance that, since purging has cd and damage on mutiple targets is tough to handle. If not impossible.

Furthermore there is no healer class as vulnerable to interrupts. A well timed one shuts our healing down.

Chances are, if you cant bring down a merc or cpmmando, your gear is bad, your interrupts are badly timed and you are not able to stay on a target until its dead.

I'm in full champion gear and I occasionally pull off 550k healing (610k is my all-time record). Additionally, it is true that I occasionally win 4v2 and 5v2 situations with my BM power-tech partner, but this is mostly due to the fact that (a) we out gear them, (b) are coordinated and © they're really bad.

My bm sorc guildy once pulled off 740k healing in a voidstar game. So while mercs do excel in single target healing and do have great survivability (due to our shield), we have a hard time keeping ourselves alive and our group members alive simultaneously (also tend to over-heat when healing simultaneous targets + ourselves).

In short, if you want to neutralize a bodygaurd merc then you merely need to put 1-2 well-geared melee dpsers on him/her (preferably marauders/assasins) in order pressure/interrupt.

an op healer in my guild hit 775k the other day from what i heard, seems like all the classes can do it

i was also under the impression that sorc was the op healer?

Pics or it didnt happen. Without a continuous AoE heal you are lying.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Energy Shield should basically be treated like Undying Rage. It gives them interrupt immunity so you're probably not going to be able to kill the Merc no matter what and he's got much higher mitigation than even tanks whiel it's up, so just hit something else.

Mercs are almost unkillable if the enemy is good, but since Energy Shield can only be up for 12s, you don't actually have to kill them to interrupt their heals. Stop their long CD heal and you pretty much stop their other heals too because the spammable heals depends on the long CD heal. They wont' die but you can ensure they won't get many heals off and that's usually good enough. You can't kill them because if you DPS them enough they'll just pop their CD, but nobody is going to pop Energy Shield at 100% just to heal another guy (and if they do, then you can definitely kill them after it runs out).

Operatives have the best mobility and being able to move is often the best way to avoid getting killed.

Sorcerers seem to have high thoroughput but is easily killed on flat terrain.

Edited by Astarica

Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....Rapid Scan....

yea merc /commando healers are op... lol give me a break. Yes they can beast mode when their 12 second sheild is up every 2 minutes but after that? Practically immoble healers that have 1 stun and no escapability. Put two of any melee dps granted the players have brains and the merc/ commando is done. Opposed to op/ gun healers who have vanish..cc....AND sorc/sages with infinite cc, sprint, bubble, bigger heals. Lets not even get started on the whole pull mechanic. The real problem in this game is the GUARD and taunt ability in pvp but thats just a whole nother broken mechanic that makes the mindless pvp in this game easier for the masses.

The healing class with the longest cast times needs to be nerfed? Even the talents that lower that cast time are ridiculously weak.

And from a tanks point of view, you just leave my healers(any of them) alone. I'm fine with balancing a class, but a merc performing that well is not over powered, they just have skills.

Pics or it didnt happen. Without a continuous AoE heal you are lying.

ill have to ask him if he SSed it then

im lying that i heard it? do you ever think about what comes out of your mouth before you say it or does it just come out and you have to clean up the mess later?

ill have to ask him if he SSed it then

im lying that i heard it? do you ever think about what comes out of your mouth before you say it or does it just come out and you have to clean up the mess later?

I wont hold my breath

Nice strawman, continue to stay classy.

STOP NERFING! If a class is op dont make that one less op by nerfing him just make eveyrone else up too par. You keep nerfing all the classes and nerfing abilities. WHY? players are always going to complain about certain classes being OP. Thats the name of the game. Make them all fair and balanced but dont go down or less go up and more!

You do realize how absolutely foolish you sound here, right?

Edited by Humankeg

Any healer with guard can become a self healers 3-4 on 1 healing tank. However 1 person on healer interrupting/stunning and 3 on the tank and the party will be over in 30 seconds.

Err, you can just have everyone attack the healer and interrupt him. No heals means Guard is meaningless.