Weekly Forum Thread Round-Up Discussion: May 17th, 2012

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little annoyed at this post by BW. It would have been great to see this since day 1. But right now? There is a forum and internet frenzy about the supposed death of this game. The quotes supposedly made by EA executives about TOR's priority are particularly alarming. And all BW can do to try and placate its loyal players is compile some forum threads? Some threads that do not even indicate what the real situation is around these issues? I am disappointed.

I have clocked a lot of hours playing this game, hoping for it to become the great game that I know it has the potential to be. BW is just letting me and all other players down at this point. If nothing else, say something to us about the real issues. Server merges? Character transfers? Ranked WZs? Subscriptions? Say. Something.

Should have done this one april 1st Bioware. You guys are trolling us hard at this point. Any news about when we will get what we were promised in 1.2 would be great. Showing us that your forums are more fun than your game is not helping you at this point.

Someone must be bored at work... u seriously think that your selection of fluff postings is really the ones bearing the key interests of the community....

OK The exploring of planets for hidden secrets... what you mean is they loaded up SWTORSPY.com, got the map coords ran to the datacron found that the jump mechaincs are so buggy they had to give up due to RSS... or when they read about the codex entries for each planet they ran off to get them only to find it didnt WAI cos the Codex is still borked.. ok I will give that thread some mileage here... the rest - hmmm who even picks that list of interesting threads anyway and were they given free licence to peruse the full forum board... hymn sheet comes to mind!

Wow.. honestly?

Given all the HUGE important topics of discussion about the real issues that effect the game and the player base, real issues, like population, like why I havent been able to get a pvp game in 3 weeks, why on Uthar Wynn our peek population is 17 etc etc

We get this fluff?

Get ready for a backlash Bioware, as you really take the michael with this one....

Begining to really regret subscribing to this game now. It was a great game, but you CANT IGNORE REAL PROBLEMS

Should have done this one april 1st Bioware. You guys are trolling us hard at this point. Any news about when we will get what we were promised in 1.2 would be great. Showing us that your forums are more fun than your game is not helping you at this point.

I can't say it any better.

I would suggest everyone check this one out. Over 370 responses and 50k views swtor comics, and it's all in the name of fun.

I second this!

Like the weekly forum thread round-up, good idea. Some of the "other" threads nominated here are a lot easier to find.

Hey Bioware I understand you don't take constructive criticism very well with that big ego of yours. But why don't you pick some forum posts with a little actual baring huh? You know threads about bugs, dead servers, your outraged player base.

Hi everyone,

There seems to be some confusion as to why this new blog exists.

We wanted to be able to provide some highlights of constructive and interesting discussions that are happening in the forums that may not have been noticed by most players in our community.

My posting of this blog does not detract from the development of the game or character transfers. As with our other blogs, it is meant to add content for players in our community to read and enjoy.

We are listening. And we know what your major concerns are. Please see this response for more information.

As a reminder, please remember to stay on topic in this discussion.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

This is a terrible terrible idea Joveth. The game is out. We're two patches in. I don't want to hear "soon" anymore. How about some discussion about some of the issues that are in the game right now?

This is a waste of your time and, most importantly, ours. We want to hear from the developers. I want to hear from Georg about what the hell is going on and what is coming up. If he doesn't have time to do that, than hire an additional dev to free up some of his time.

Your communication on the forums has been lackluster in the entire history of the TOR forums. I'd estimate the amount of "gold" posts that you've had from the 12th through today would be an ADEQUATE amount (not a good amount... merely adequate) of posts to have DAILY. We're not saying we need big in depth blogs every single day, but we do deserve better than what currently passes as player interaction.

This is a terrible terrible idea Joveth. The game is out. We're two patches in. I don't want to hear "soon" anymore. How about some discussion about some of the issues that are in the game right now?

This is a waste of your time and, most importantly, ours. We want to hear from the developers. I want to hear from Georg about what the hell is going on and what is coming up. If he doesn't have time to do that, than hire an additional dev to free up some of his time.

Your communication on the forums has been lackluster in the entire history of the TOR forums. I'd estimate the amount of "gold" posts that you've had from the 12th through today would be an ADEQUATE amount (not a good amount... merely adequate) of posts to have DAILY. We're not saying we need big in depth blogs every single day, but we do deserve better than what currently passes as player interaction.

Most of those Gold post I see is to inform the forumites that yet another thread has hit to close to the mark and is being moderated off.... in fact its probably easier to find those Gold posts than it is to find the ones they plucked out of the bag... keep caressing the fluff BW, keep caressing it and matbe someday (SOON) a Djinni will appear and grant you 3 wishes.... then all your tropubles will be over. :)

Edited by Bloodstealer

I would like to nominate:

[suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model

Going on 4 pages, ~980 views and nothing but support for the idea.

(Yes. I nominated my own suggestion. What can say? I'm passionate about wanting another A-300 :).)

I nominate this as well!

The "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model is really cool, and I'd like to see more of them in the game.

Oh gosh everyone! I had no idea we were making monthly payments to enjoy our forums!! They game is clearly not making progress so let us pick the most irrelevant topics in the thread, or the ones that sound least intelligent so that we may try to make ourselves look better.

Good game bioware let's just focus on the least important matters and as usual hide behind soon, at a later date, it is being worked on comments. Glad that the MMO I am paying for is becoming forum based focused.

Very cool idea, thanks Joveth (and BW gang). I do enjoy checking out the Community tab on the website and I'm always glad when you all try something new. Maybe I'll have to post on the Best Companion thread now (PS. It's obviously Qyzen Fess) :rak_03:

Love the game and keep working to make my $15 a month feel well spent. You hooked me and I'm here for the long haul.