Grouping mechanism badly needed

Some kind of grouping mechanism is badly needed in the game. A system that allows you to select a flashpoint or perhaps a selection of up to 10 that you need to run and put in your role (ie, tank, heals, dps, etc), and be automatically grouped within 30 minutes or so. I would guess grouping servers to create a larger pool for the players in queue for the flashpoints. Other MMO's have this and it is sorely needed in SWTOR.

Maximum productivity while in game is the bottom line for me as I have a life....wife, kids, job etc. , and I would rather not sit staring at a monitor shouting " LFG " for hours on end.

/strongly agree

The problem is that there is no global mechanism in place to look for a group. Hence the only calls for group happen in the central hub (Republic Fleet). I'm not suggesting a global chat channel - though that can work (but usually is overrun with spam).

If you could indicate interest and role in the Mission Log and be able to see others who have indicated interest and role in that log page you could be anywhere in the galaxy and could get invited to a group - then it would just be a matter of using your fleet pass and joining the Flashpoint.

Yes, it's badly needed: a cross-server LFG system.

I played off peak hours yesterday and couldn't do a single HM FP, not even the easy mode BT. I feel obligated to play during my servers peak time if I want to do group stuff. Am I supposed to stay in fleet spamming General chat, while PVPers can just queue to Warzone and do whatever they want (although, currently, without cross-server Warzone, the queues are taking up to hours if you are outside peak time)?

Seriously, I don't even need a cross server LFG system, just one that works for ONE server. With the current system you're pretty much limited to selecting a group from those folks who are in Republic Fleet with you. The LFG system should be able to span zones so folks in their ships and folks off doing missions can put themselves on notify - otherwise you're pretty much standing around in Fleet NOT PLAYING while you spam over and over looking for a group.

An effective LFG system should allow the players to PLAY while they have an indicator flagging themselves as wanting to join a Flashpoint group.