Question about custom armour and mods

Foofer

Me and my room-mate are going to be playing the game together. I was going to go Artiface because I'm playing a Juggernaught and she's playing an Assassin, so I figured that would cover our weapons. She was going to go Synthweaving for our armor, because we thought it made mods for custom armour sets. Now I'm reading that it's Cybertech that will actually make the mods.

Well, I'm a little confused. What's the best crafting skill for her to take, so we can have some sweet looking custom gear, and the mods to keep it up to date?

I would strongly advise her to take cybertech for the mods, grenades, earpieces, and custom speeder bike to boot.

EDIT: Also, as a Sith Inquisitor, she gets bonuses from companions to two "cybertech" gathering crewskills in scavenging (Xalek) and slicing (Andronikos) + a boost to the cybertech mission skill: underworld trading (again through Andronikos). Small boosts, but better than nothing.

Just another option aside from Synthweaving.

Edited by mfrags

Me and my room-mate are going to be playing the game together. I was going to go Artiface because I'm playing a Juggernaught and she's playing an Assassin, so I figured that would cover our weapons. She was going to go Synthweaving for our armor, because we thought it made mods for custom armour sets. Now I'm reading that it's Cybertech that will actually make the mods.

Well, I'm a little confused. What's the best crafting skill for her to take, so we can have some sweet looking custom gear, and the mods to keep it up to date?

As force users, Artiface has the mods you are looking for. If you need more clarification Torhead.com has a really good database for your crafting needs.

For clarification Cybertech has armor mods Artiface has weapon mods. Weapon mods usually have a bigger influence on stats then armor, but Tor could be the exception.

Edited by ChilliConCarne

As force users, Artiface has the mods you are looking for. If you need more clarification Torhead.com has a really good database for your crafting needs.

For clarification Cybertech has armor mods Artiface has weapon mods. Weapon mods usually have a bigger influence on stats then armor, but Tor could be the exception.

Unless this changed from the last beta to live this isn't entirely correct.

Artifice makes:

Enhancements

Hilts

Cybertech makes:

Mods

Armoring

Barrels

this is for ALL classes. (yes that is a change that occured after the major stress test beta weekend)

as I haven't gotten to my crew skills yet in live I'm leaving this with the disclaimer : this was the way it was at end of beta and may not still be true.

Mostly true above, but barrels are armstech, and Artifice also makes crystals.

But artifice and cyber work really well together, because they make all the possible upgrades besides barrels, which you will not need.

e: And cyber's mods go on armor AND weapons, and the enhancements of artifice go on both as well. Just to clarify.

Edited by Boissi

Artifice makes:

Enhancements

Hilts

Cybertech makes:

Mods

Armoring

Barrels

this is for ALL classes. (yes that is a change that occured after the major stress test beta weekend)

as I haven't gotten to my crew skills yet in live I'm leaving this with the disclaimer : this was the way it was at end of beta and may not still be true.

Since when cybertech makes barrels? Armstech makes barels not cybertech.

Cyber does only:

Mods

and armorings

FOR BOTH FORCE AND NON FORCE USERS

Artifice makes:

Enhancements

Hilts

Cybertech makes:

Mods

Armoring

Barrels

Artifice makes: Hilts, Crystals (not just color but stats as well), Upgrade Packages aka Mods (upgrades Weapons & Armor), Shield Generators, and Lightsabers.

Cybertech makes: Upgrade Packages aka Mods (some work on both armor and weapons but not all), Droid armor upgrades, Teleporters, Ship Upgrades, Ear implants(The only crew skill that upgrades this slot) Grenades, and speeder bikes.

From Torhead.com

From what I've seen there are no Barrels in Cybertech. It seems to me to work a lot like Engineering in WOW(pardon equating that evil MMO to this game but its what most people have played).