Comparing mod-able gear

ShawnWelker

OK, I think I've almost got this whole modding thing figured out, but here's what's really confusing. If I get a new piece of gear, and it has slots for mods, then I compare it to an existing piece of a equipment, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way of telling which piece of gear is actually better (except possibly removing all mods from the existing piece of equipment, but then I'm worried about spending a bunch of money for removing them and not getting anything).

Is there an easy guide somewhere that explains how all this modding stuff works?

Thanks,

Shawn:rak_02:

All mod-able gear (orange/purple) pieces without any mods in them are equal so there is nothing to compare. Just compare the mods piece by piece and if any are better than the mods you have, you can strip them and replace them. Edited by Thanatus

All mod-able gear (orange/purple) pieces without any mods in them are equal so there is nothing to compare. Just compare the mods piece by piece and if any are better than the mods you have, you can strip them and replace them.

You sure about that? Pretty sure I have head garments that are different but I may be wrong.