All chats down...again?!?

Carnaz

It is kind of ridiculous that this has happened again. What was the point of the 3 hour down time if the issue was not corrected last time? Starting to think twice on my sub, where is my money going?...

Its true... I mean they have the money to afford to pay someone to monitor this **** at the very least... and if thats not enough they should have fixed it the last time it happened. This is f***ing horse **** that our server is getting screwed 2 times in only a few days.

looks like they are just gonna let chat continue to not work and not bother to fix it till scheduled maitenence in 2 hours

They wont even confirm that's what they are doing. The maintenance is probably automated too since they laid off so many people. Really sad that I pay for this service, but I don't even get a confirmation that I'm getting f**ked.

Check this out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=497068&page=6

I like how the chat problem was resolved in under an hour here during a all server wide issue, but now over a half a year later and it hasn't even been noticed in over 4 hours!

No kidding. Anybody seen the "state of the game"? Are they really that desperate to keep faith in them? Well they can start BY FIXING THIS **** Sweet mother of bacon strips! What is wrong with Harbinger? EA for the love of everything that you hold dear-- oops sorry just remembered its only money. That link is proof. They only fixed so quickly as they had so many members. Has EA really gotten so money focused that they laid off their entire server maintenance staff and decided to cut even more costs by merging countless servers into the cheapest (worst) one they could find?

The link is living proof of what once was customer service... 30 minute response time, and 30 minutes after that it was fixed...

Tonight though, 8 months later.... 4 hours and counting... no response PERIOD!

They have clearly cut costs and are more busy paying people to make f**king toothpicks and mounts, because thats where the profit has gone. Micro-transaction Market!

Now I really wish everyone could see this and understand the damage of this Cartel Market. It is a developer detraction from current existing problems! But who cares if subscriber numbers are down so long as they are pulling in 40-80 bucks a pop on each person that buys a set of the latest and greatest gamble packs! WOOHOOO!

Milking the cow dry, and this is the result... server breaking issue with no customer support 4+ hours... beyond confirmed... F.U.B.A.R.!

Edited by chriscshunter

The link is living proof of what once was customer service... 30 minute response time, and 30 minutes after that it was fixed...

They have clearly cut costs and are more busy paying people to make f**king toothpicks and mounts, because thats where the profit has gone. Micro-transaction Market!

Now I really wish everyone could see this and understand the damage of this Cartel Market. It is a developer detraction from current existing problems! But who cares if subscriber numbers are down so long as they are pulling in 40-80 bucks a pop on each person that buys a set of the latest and greatest gamble packs! WOOHOOO!

Milking the cow dry, and this is the result... server breaking issue with no customer support 4+ hours... beyond confirmed... F.U.B.A.R.!

Abso-***********-lutely. Can't wait until fan-fair makes there way to seattle so i can give these pitiful executives a piece of my mind

You hopefully noticed the obvious time difference in the issue cropping up. July 2, 2012 was a Monday, and that post was made in the evening hours. Tonight's issue started late in the evening on a Sunday. Most companies (including 24/7 types) have fewer staff on overnight and on weekends. I can't say with 100% certainty that this is a factor in the delay in acknowledging the issue, but I'm inclined to believe so.

But by all means, continue ranting. You are doing a swell job of presenting your grievance in a reasonable and credible manner.

Edit: Oh, and chat is working again. ;)

Edited by ssfish

You hopefully noticed the obvious time difference in the issue cropping up. July 2, 2012 was a Monday, and that post was made in the evening hours. Tonight's issue started late in the evening on a Sunday. Most companies (including 24/7 types) have fewer staff on overnight and on weekends. I can't say with 100% certainty that this is a factor in the delay in acknowledging the issue, but I'm inclined to believe so.

But by all means, continue ranting. You are doing a swell job of presenting your grievance in a reasonable and credible manner.

I hope when you say fewer, you realize that there was 0 customer service period. Not even a simple "We are working on it" was given. It takes 1 customer service rep a couple minutes, but in 4 hours that never happened.

And I have a right to rant, I pay for a product and this is poor customer service. Please continue to suckle on their teet more and against those demanding better.

Edit: Oh, and chat is working again. ;)

No chat is not back up. I just tried to speak in general.

Also the time and day of the matter is irrelevant, this issue was supposed to have been fixed with the three hour "unscheduled maintenance". Yet here we are, without chat, again.

I hope when you say fewer, you realize that there was 0 customer service period. Not even a simple "We are working on it" was given. It takes 1 customer service rep a couple minutes, but in 4 hours that never happened.

And I have a right to rant, I pay for a product and this is poor customer service. Please continue to suckle on their teet more and against those demanding better.

Of course you have "a right" to rant, just as I have "a right" to point out that you are coming off as a tad bit paranoid by claiming a causal relationship between the Cartel Market and a failure of a feature in game. Not to mention comparing CS response times between a weekend evening and the evening before they patch the game and claiming it proof that "they have clearly cut costs."

All that said, I'm pretty certain that I did not attempt to excuse (assumed meaning of "suckle on their teat{spelling fixed for you}") their slow (relative term, of course) response time. I pointed out a possible, and likely (much more so than your Cartel Market conspiracy) explanation.

No chat is not back up. I just tried to speak in general.

Also the time and day of the matter is irrelevant, this issue was supposed to have been fixed with the three hour "unscheduled maintenance". Yet here we are, without chat, again.

It is working wonderfully for me. And while I agree that it should have been fixed already, it''s a little naive to say that time of day is irrelevant to this discussion.

Edited by ssfish

Of course you have "a right" to rant, just as I have "a right" to point out that you are coming off as a tad bit paranoid by claiming a causal relationship between the Cartel Market and a failure of a feature in game. Not to mention comparing CS response times between a weekend evening and the evening before they patch the game and claiming it proof that "they have clearly cut costs."

All that said, I'm pretty certain that I did not attempt to excuse (assumed meaning of "suckle on their teat{spelling fixed for you}") their slow (relative term, of course) response time. I pointed out a possible, and likely (much more so than your Cartel Market conspiracy) explanation.

It is working wonderfully for me. And while I agree that it should have been fixed already, it''s a little naive to say that time of day is irrelevant to this discussion.

I've been with EA a long time now. This is nothing new to me... Clearly you have no idea how EA conducts business, and I'm sorry that you feel there is anything to defend, because with all the piss poor experiences I have had with EA over the last few years especially, its just at its tail end.

There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing you can say or do to change my opinion, and if you only seen and understood my experiences with this company you would be undoubtedly in a completely different direction and tone. This company is going to continue to have problems if doesn't change its course. Maybe not today, but something is in fact coming.

So to reiterate your point is completely invalid to me and you are in my eyes completely ignorant to the facts and poor experiences a great majority has had with EA.

I couldn't call inc in wzs... But then realized that the other team couldn't also.

You can really tell who's paying attention in pvp when chats are down since good players will patrol around and use their camera to survey the map while the baddies just sit there and get owned by ppl.