Why was Boarding Party FP changed?

Like many others here I am sure, before the patch I used to do solo BP runs with my lvl 50 for credits.

The run would take about 15 mins and would net about 35k to 40k. I ran it last night and was annoyed to find that it has been changed to prevent players from doing this any more. We can no longer use our speeders and the loot seems to have been drastically reduced. In one of the large chests for example - I looted a single grey junk-loot item - no credits or stims - just a single grey item.

I checked the patch notes and there was nothing about this.

Flashpoints and Operations

Boarding Party

Storm Squad's enrage timer in Hard Mode has been increased to 2.5 minutes.

Storm Squad can no longer be pulled out of the bridge area.

Now I know I can run dailies for credits but I preferred to get my credits this way - it was my choice. The game is already so linear and restrictive but this is another example of Bioware taking choice for players out of the game.

So please Bioware, change it back so we can use our speeders in this Flashpoint again and put the previous loot system back in place.

Like many others here I am sure, before the patch I used to do solo BP runs with my lvl 50 for credits.

The run would take about 15 mins and would net about 35k to 40k. I ran it last night and was annoyed to find that it has been changed to prevent players from doing this any more. We can no longer use our speeders and the loot seems to have been drastically reduced. In one of the large chests for example - I looted a single grey junk-loot item - no credits or stims - just a single grey item.

Flashpoints and Operations

Boarding Party

Storm Squad's enrage timer in Hard Mode has been increased to 2.5 minutes.

Storm Squad can no longer be pulled out of the bridge area.

Now I know I can run dailies for credits but I preferred to get my credits this way - it was my choice. The game is already so linear and restrictive but this is another example of Bioware taking choice for players out of the game.

So please Bioware, change it back so we can use our speeders in this Flashpoint again and put the previous loot system back in place.

Wish I had known u could make that much from Boarding Party - Reg. I typically make about 100k per hour doing dailies X 4 level 50's. At your rate of 140-160k per hour I would've been much better off. Plus there's no chance of dying and can be done multiple times over and over.

Anyone else have any good money making lowbie dungeon run ideas for that kind of credit return?

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC

Wish I had known u could make that much from Boarding Party - Reg. I typically make about 100k per hour doing dailies X 4 level 50's. At your rate of 140-160k per hour I would've been much better off. Plus there's no chance of dying and can be done multiple times over and over.

Anyone else have any good money making lowbie dungeon run ideas for that kind of credit return?

Yes please - if anyone can advise an equivalent replacement for BP - with similar time/reward - please share!

This may be the reason you've seen a change. I know it says "end game activities", but they may mean loot drops are now affected by group size.

General

Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.

Edited by Amuntet

You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)

You don't see anything wrong with the fastest way to farm credits being soloing a mid-level flashpoint? You don't see anything wrong with the fact that Imps have an easy access, no challenge way to farm credits that Republic didn't have access to? (Taral V farming is extremely inefficient)

NO. to each their own, if thats how people wanna make credits then let them. Personally I hate dailies and would rather.

In the end were still talking about video game money right?? Who cares

• 2 weeks later...

level 50 republic players can just keep redoing herioc on hoth for 200k plus credits an hour. so why cant we have acces to an easy way?

Kinda sad this was a way for me to make money without the painfully boring daily grind. Then again the BP grind was pretty boring too. But at least I could just let my mind go blank and listen to some music lol.

really wish they would increase credit rewards for doing Ops though. Progression can get expensive :( and I dont always have time to login and do dailies >.<

level 50 republic players can just keep redoing herioc on hoth for 200k plus credits an hour. so why cant we have acces to an easy way?

1. The Hoth credit farm is no more. I know that for sure as of Wednesday night the large chest next to the champion in the front of the heroic has been completely removed, and even before that the amount of credits dropped by both it and the champions in there were nerfed something fierce.

2. Imp players have been running BP widespread since launch, whereas the Pub side has only been familiar with the Hoth credit farm in the past month or so. No complaining.

"I don't have time to do the dailies, but I do have time to do Boarding Party multiple times..."

"Dailies are boring, instead I like grinding Boarding Party..."

You should listen to yourselves, this is pathetic.

Black Hole dailies take no more than half an hour... You'll get around 60-70K and you get daily commendations. Save them up for Rakata items, which can again be sold for decent money flow... the other half hour, you can use to do the dailies on Belsavis...

But I know what the problem is. You just want to faceroll it instead of actually running around and work for it... The risk of actually dying once and paying maybe 1000 credits for repair is too much for you...

In the words of Sherlock Holmes: You...repel...me"

"I don't have time to do the dailies, but I do have time to do Boarding Party multiple times..."

"Dailies are boring, instead I like grinding Boarding Party..."

You should listen to yourselves, this is pathetic.

Black Hole dailies take no more than half an hour... You'll get around 60-70K and you get daily commendations. Save them up for Rakata items, which can again be sold for decent money flow... the other half hour, you can use to do the dailies on Belsavis...

But I know what the problem is. You just want to faceroll it instead of actually running around and work for it... The risk of actually dying once and paying maybe 1000 credits for repair is too much for you...

In the words of Sherlock Holmes: You...repel...me"

Boarding party is simply superior because its unlimited. Dailies you cannot repeat over and over and give finite amount of gold for doing them all, then its all over until the next day. If there was something you wanted to buy, you could just run boarding party and get the money eventually that same day.

NO. to each their own, if thats how people wanna make credits then let them. Personally I hate dailies and would rather.

In the end were still talking about video game money right?? Who cares

You still haven't answered my question. In what world does it make sense that the most efficient way of farming money is by doing a level 33 flashpoint? Not level 50. Not even level 40+. Level 33. It makes more money per hour than farming any other flashpoint. How is that balanced?

You still haven't answered my question. In what world does it make sense that the most efficient way of farming money is by doing a level 33 flashpoint? Not level 50. Not even level 40+. Level 33. It makes more money per hour than farming any other flashpoint. How is that balanced?

Why should it be balanced? Why does it even care so much if peeps want to earn some money that way?

Damn. Did they do the same to foundry?

Anyways, a run of the hoth heroics takes a lot longer (maybe an hour and a half) and isn't repeatable, but also gives out way more cash once the orange and purple crap gets bought on GTN (an abnormal amount of this drops on the hoth heroics). If you're lucky and a supreme inquisitor piece drops from trash, champions or the boss chest in the one on the far east of the map, that's 100k-200k right there no matter what else you pick up. I've cleared up to 500k after all the sales came in on just one run.

And before someone tells me orange pieces are useless now that synths can make augged orange gear, realize that not every customer on GTN is a min-maxer. Some of them buy items for their level, some for their 'look'. The last set of people will pay a pretty premium for a good-looking piece of moddable gear, so you'll want to preview what it looks like before pricing an item. The level 36-40ish gear tends to look pretty darn good across most classes, for whatever reason.

1. The Hoth credit farm is no more. I know that for sure as of Wednesday night the large chest next to the champion in the front of the heroic has been completely removed, and even before that the amount of credits dropped by both it and the champions in there were nerfed something fierce.

2. Imp players have been running BP widespread since launch, whereas the Pub side has only been familiar with the Hoth credit farm in the past month or so. No complaining.

Wait, which chest? The one next to the unique jedi battlemaster by the crash site?

1. I never got much money from the BP chests, I just killed the trash mobs really fast with Ashara and made about 40k per run after selling items I looted.

2. I would recommend farming Foundry if BP has started paying less than 40k, I farmed Foundry for a while but eventually got bored of killing Revan. The HK-47 fight goes a lot faster if you don't aggro his droids, but even then all that does is add a little time (1-2 min) to the entire fight. At level 50 HK-47 is my Bee, Eye, Tea, Sea, H

You can still earn money that way. Nothing is stopping you from running BP.

This. Go ahead and grind BP if you are honestly convinced it's the most fun you have playing this game.

Unless, of course, this isn't about "fun" and is instead about getting upset that someone fixed a loophole you were exploiting for credits.

Edited by XAsymptote