View Single Post

Loadsamonie
05.09.2019 , 06:45 PM | #1
Pods are quite nice while I'm able to use them, but they run out of ammo far too quickly, and though ammo isn't as big of a problem with Clusters, even Double Volley doesn't put out a lot of damage. So I'm content to make my secondaries more about utility than raw damage.

To that end, I'm curious about Plasma Warheads on both Pods and Clusters. Does the damage over time do anything to stop shield regen? That's my biggest problem in dealing with Strike Fighters, is overcoming their Quick-Charge Shields and getting to their Hull. Bombers and Gunships I don't have too much problem with, either secondary works well against them (though I favor Pods for Gunships since it gives them less time to boost away), but I still have problems against Strike Fighters as a Flashfire,with either secondary or just about any laser, Burst included. I've fully upgraded Rapids, Lights and Bursts at this point, and while Bursts have their moments, I still favor Rapids for their consistency and ease of use (easy to aim, big firing arc, less power drain even with Freq Capacitor).

I need some way of overcoming their Quick-Charge shields and preventing them from regenerating so quickly, hence why I'm asking about Plasma Warheads. Does the dot do anything to prevent shield regen?