Server Merges: Unclaimed Cartel Market items?

Mubrak

Some time ago you changed the unclaimed CM items from account wide to character specific. Will this conflict with the characters being copied to the new server? Surely some internal IDs will change in the progress.

In short: Are unclaimed cartel market items safe during server merges or should we claim or refund them now?

Edited by Mubrak

Does anyone happen to know why it was set up this way (toon specific for unclaimed items)? I've never quite understood what purpose it serves being this way.

Its not toon specific its server specific.

I have unclaimed items on Harbinger that are different to unclaimed items on Beregen Colony

Its not toon specific its server specific.

I have unclaimed items on Harbinger that are different to unclaimed items on Beregen Colony

Unclaimed items are toon specific. The stash itself isn't, I'm talking items you have purchased that you have not claimed yet (haven't moved them to your inventory). I do that with Command boosts, an armor set I like that I'm not sure about yet...things like that.

Unclaimed items are toon specific. The stash itself isn't, I'm talking items you have purchased that you have not claimed yet (haven't moved them to your inventory). I do that with Command boosts, an armor set I like that I'm not sure about yet...things like that.

Ah, I usually just purchase packs like a hypercrate now and then so all my stuff is in the stash.

However you could just claim all those unclaimed items, they will unbind after 2 days and you can put them in your legacy bank.

Ah, I usually just purchase packs like a hypercrate now and then so all my stuff is in the stash.

However you could just claim all those unclaimed items, they will unbind after 2 days and you can put them in your legacy bank.

I could...I hope I don't have to. Like last night, I bought the armor set that's on sale (unrelenting terror I think it is) - I love the set, but I don't have a toon to use it on really...it's kinda dark for a light side character...so...I bought it, keep it in my unclaimed items area until I have a toon I know it'll fit. This may sound silly, but I like the direct sale of the gear, love the look, just not sure I would use it yet.

In Episode 3 Luke Skywalker wore black/dark toned outfit and he was THE lightside. :jawa_wink:

Episode 6 ;) Although Luke was technically in Episode 3, he was only wearing a space blanky...but I will consider this as motivation to unlock the outfit now :)

Wait, why are you not just claiming the items?

Because I get to procrastinate if I don't...

This way, I store it where it can be returned if I:

a) end up not wanting it

b) can't sell it on the GTN for what it's worth

c) find something I like more in the next 'sale'

This way, I store it where it can be returned if I:

a) end up not wanting it

b) can't sell it on the GTN for what it's worth

c) find something I like more in the next 'sale'

d) get it from a chance cube or find it cheap on the GTN.

I did the DVL event on numerous servers. Gaining lots of packs which I opened but did not claim. I am curious what will happen to them, whether they be all added into the same stash or lost. I keep trying to decide which alt to claim things on... decisions..

I did the DVL event on numerous servers. Gaining lots of packs which I opened but did not claim. I am curious what will happen to them, whether they be all added into the same stash or lost. I keep trying to decide which alt to claim things on... decisions..

Items in the cartel market stash are safe

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

Cartel Market Item Stash

The Cartel Market Item Stash’s current cap of 500 items will remain in place. If the United Forces update will cause there to be more than 500 items in your stash, those items can be found in your item stash. However, you will be unable to add any items to your stash until you go under the 500 item cap.

In the OP I'm asking about the items bought directly from the cartel market that are still listed as unclaimed in the cartel market window. Those are not mentioned in the FAQ.

It would be nice to have clarification on that. I don't think I have an instance of this myself-- but it'd be nice to know.

While they talk about Stash... I'd like to assume that any non-claimed purchase for a character would simply remain attached to that character. But assumption can get'cha in trouble. :p