Denova - Server Admin: Access Denied

My guild was doing EC HM the other night, we were up to Kephess and got one solid attempt on him. We were ready to make some adjustments and take him down when the people who couldn't be revived were not able to zone in. The error received was:

[server Admin] : Permission to enter on he1034, access denied: could not move player to selected area.

Those of us still inside noticed we were the only players left in that particular instance of denova. My only guess is that the instance was being closed down since the population had gotten lower, and it was trying to force us to reset the phase so it could move us into the first instance.

It frustrates me that the server would force us to reset the phase, respawning all the trash between the speeder and kephess and make us clear it again. We tried many different ways of getting back into that instance, even logging completely out and back in, having the leader zone out and try to get back in again. Once we left that instance there was no way to get back in. Sure enough, resetting the phase put us back in Instance 1, with all the trash back up. It was getting late so some of us weren't up for reclearing all the trash again.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or if my suspicion of what the server was trying to do could be accurate? It appears that it should be changed that either the server will never force an operation group to change instances, or if it does at the very least the trash needs to be gone if it was cleared before.

This happened to us as well on an alt run last week. It was an 8 man Story Mode EC. We cleared to Vorgath, wiped from bad RNG and all but one of us released (so as to make sure it didn't toss us in a new phase, forcing us to clear trash again). When attempting to run back in, all but I think two of us that released could not get back inside the instance and encountered the same error message "[server Admin] : Permission to enter on he1034, access denied: could not move player to selected area."

After that happened, we were all unable to move, unable to see anyone outside of the instance, unable to see general chat, and our health bars were stuck at 1. I tried multiple times to /stuck and reset my UI. Nothing worked. One person in our group re-logged to find the entire fleet a massive grid and then said they were falling through space. The only thing that fixed the issue for me was to alt+f4 out of the game and start it back up. When I got back in, I was standing inside Denova. But by that time we had called it a night.

I believe it is the servers closing down one instance and not allowing anyone back inside of it. This really is a huge problem due to the fact that any wipe you have throughout the night might require resetting the instance or moving to a new one, forcing us to reclear unnecessary trash. Hopefully this can get a serious look at, and we'll receive a fix soon.

This happened to us as well on an alt run last week. It was an 8 man Story Mode EC. We cleared to Vorgath, wiped from bad RNG and all but one of us released (so as to make sure it didn't toss us in a new phase, forcing us to clear trash again). When attempting to run back in, all but I think two of us that released could not get back inside the instance and encountered the same error message "[server Admin] : Permission to enter on he1034, access denied: could not move player to selected area."

After that happened, we were all unable to move, unable to see anyone outside of the instance, unable to see general chat, and our health bars were stuck at 1. I tried multiple times to /stuck and reset my UI. Nothing worked. One person in our group re-logged to find the entire fleet a massive grid and then said they were falling through space. The only thing that fixed the issue for me was to alt+f4 out of the game and start it back up. When I got back in, I was standing inside Denova. But by that time we had called it a night.

I believe it is the servers closing down one instance and not allowing anyone back inside of it. This really is a huge problem due to the fact that any wipe you have throughout the night might require resetting the instance or moving to a new one, forcing us to reclear unnecessary trash. Hopefully this can get a serious look at, and we'll receive a fix soon.

My group had basically the same thing happen with Nightmare KP after we wiped to Karagga. At the time we thought the whole instance was bugging since he was doing stuff like rooting the tank. We even tried resetting the instance and still nothing worked but quitting out of the game completely and coming back in (though it STILL wouldn't let us back into KP).

We had the same problem with Story Mode EV when we wiped on SOA. After quitting the game and logging back in, it seemed to work, and we didn't have to clear the trash again. But it took a while.

You didn't have to clear trash again because there is no trash between Pylon completion to SoA. Once you down Pylons, you can reset the instance, switch instances, etc and it won't matter. There is no trash.

Yep we experianced that as well. Same instance, same error+symptoms, same way of fixing it (alt+f4, wait, re-log).

Had this twice now on SOA once in 8 man, once in 16 man. The game just stops working, you can't type into general chat but guild chat or ops chat still works. Your abilites (such as buffs won't activate either) and it will eventually just log you out. When I logged back in I quit the group but the ops frame was still showing with me in it. I was reinvited and then was told I couldn't enter the instance unless I was in a ops group which I was.

My guild was doing EC HM the other night, we were up to Kephess and got one solid attempt on him. We were ready to make some adjustments and take him down when the people who couldn't be revived were not able to zone in. The error received was:

[server Admin] : Permission to enter on he1034, access denied: could not move player to selected area.

This happened to my guild (Imperial Outcasts on The Shadowlands) during an EC SM run on Tues 7/17. We made it all the way to Kephess and wiped on our first attempt. Some folks zoned out to respawn while some of us who died in the corner waited for a rez when they came back in. The folks who had zoned out were unable to get back in and received the above Server Admin error. We all zoned out at that point and none of us were able to get back in (all receiving the same error).

After attempting to get back in a few times, members of the Ops group starting DC'ing and were kicked back to the server select screen. At this point, when they logged in, they were on a silver and grey checkerboard out in space surrounded by the Imperial Fleet ("SPAAAAAAACE!"). They had to run to the edge of the checkerboard and jump off, fall for a fairly long distance, die, and respawn in the museum on the Ziost. I had logged off for the night as I had been DC'd and when I logged in the next morning I was on the checkerboard as well.

Since respawning in the museum I have not had any issues but we have not tried zoning back into EC. I opened a CS case and was told to use /stuck to fix my problem. Pretty ridiculous response (but unsurprising). I really hope that the Devs are aware of this issue and work to resolve it. Not being able to run Ops or running Ops with the constant fear that it is going to bug out on you is a huge disappointment.

Edited by BeeTs

Greetings Jazra!

We appreciate your recent report in the thread titled "Denova - Server Admin: Access Denied" in reporting a potential game play issue. We wanted to know if you could provide some additional information that is listed below:

What is your character name?

Can you please list any approximate dates and times that this occurred?

Do you have any additional information, such as screenshots and/or videos?

We appreciate all your assistance!

Thank you!

-Ellvaan

I gave them more information...

Hey Jazra!

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly and with such detailed information! All information like this helps us so we really appreciate it! While we don't have any ETA on any changes, please be assured that this has been escalated to the correct individuals. If you have any additional information on this, please do not be afraid to let us know!

Thank you and have a great night!

-Ellvaan

They are very much aware of this problem. I've gotten a personal response regarding it and there are multiple threads about it.

I gave them more information...

They are very much aware of this problem. I've gotten a personal response regarding it and there are multiple threads about it.

Nice one, Jazra! Thanks and good to know that they are aware!

After attempting to get back in a few times, members of the Ops group starting DC'ing and were kicked back to the server select screen. At this point, when they logged in, they were on a silver and grey checkerboard out in space surrounded by the Imperial Fleet ("SPAAAAAAACE!"). They had to run to the edge of the checkerboard and jump off, fall for a fairly long distance, die, and respawn in the museum on the Ziost. I had logged off for the night as I had been DC'd and when I logged in the next morning I was on the checkerboard as well.

You mean this one? xD

Yes... these bugs should be fixed.

The same with the wipe -> all thrash back fix, even if you can prevent that from happen its just frustrating when it happens.

My guild has had several problems with this in EV and KP. Thankfully, all of our occurrences have occurred at the beginning of the Op and hasn't resulted in us having to re-clear trash. This is definitely and issue that needs to be given priority and fixed asap. It did result in several Ops being delayed while we tried to figure out the fix for it. We ended up disbanding and having the person in question hard log before reforming, but that's pretty ridiculous.

Happened 3 times now on our EC runs - all about 11:00PM which is usually when we've got up to Kaphees.

3 times now we've called it a night after getting this error message because all the logging off and resetting phases and then clearing the trash again is just a pain in the **** and as usually a work night really puts people off.

Out of interest is there anyway to skip some of the trash between boss 3 and 4 in EC?

Happened 3 times now on our EC runs - all about 11:00PM which is usually when we've got up to Kaphees.

3 times now we've called it a night after getting this error message because all the logging off and resetting phases and then clearing the trash again is just a pain in the **** and as usually a work night really puts people off.

Out of interest is there anyway to skip some of the trash between boss 3 and 4 in EC?

Not anymore. There used to be a way, but because smart players figured out how to skip a whole whopping 3 trash packs to get to the chest in between Vorgath and Kephess, they nerfed it and it one shots you. 3 WHOLE TRASH PACKS!!!! So gamebreaking! If you skipped the chest though, it was only 2 trash packs to kill before Kephess from Vorgath.