AoE Flame DoT

Kashard

Is there a way to cure the AoE flame DoT's ?

I ask becasue most most warfronts (Civil War & Void Star) depend on not being interupted to take an objective. The problem is that DoT's are a ticking interupt and as such id like to know if and how they can be removed from other people.

Im not asking for self "remove all debuffs/agressive effects" but an actually "cure target" ability.

There must be one otherwise that would make the DoT overpowered. Not sure if its just the flame one, might be another AoE DoT too.

I just posted this in the thread about DoT's preventing caps.

Each healing tree for the 3 classes can spec into adding a heal to their dispel aswell as dispelling an additional effect.

Sorcs/Sages can dispel Force and Mental effects by default and also spec into being able to dispel Physical effects.

Commandos/Mercenary's/Scoundrels/Operatives can all dispel Tech and Physical, with speccing into being able to dispel Mental.

So, Sorcs/Sages are unable to cleanse Tech whilst Commando's etc cannot dispel Force.

So I guess it's Tech damage and can only dispelled by non-Sage/Sorc.

Plasma Probe isn't cast on people, so no, you cant dispell it

I'd be willing to bet that this is what the thread is about.

Plasma Probe targets a specific location and simply pulses damage in the area for the duration. It cant be destroyed/removed.

Given how god-awful Engineering and its equivalent 'Slinger tree is, dont expect this to change. Its one of the few things the spec gets.

I just posted this in the thread about DoT's preventing caps.

Each healing tree for the 3 classes can spec into adding a heal to their dispel aswell as dispelling an additional effect.

Cheers very helpful to know

Just need to hope to be cured when capping I guess, its either missle spam or aoe flames

So it's not a DoT and just deals damage periodically? Then you cant get rid of it.

Never actually seen this myself, I thought the OP was referring to a Cybertech grenade DoT, but I guess not.

It isn't widely used, because Engineering is awful as a main-spec tree. Ive never run into another Sniper or Slinger who was spec'ed deeply into it.

Scoundrels/Ops can cure tech effects. I see a BH unload his flamethrower on me and think, "Oh, how cute, bye-bye flames."

Then I die anyway because I'm out of stealth, didn't get the opener, and my stun's on CD.

Edited by Abanoth