Highlighted names in GS roster

Colovis

Basically they are separating each 12 pilot side into four pilot squads.

They aren't so much highlighted as just differently colored so as to differentiate one squad from the next.

Only really applies in the context of folks who are entering a battle in a group of four.

Edited by drwcroaker

• Dev Post

The highlighted folks in the main list are the 3 other players in your squadron. Galactic Starfighter groups people into 4 man squadrons. Secondary fact, if you look at your minimap/map you will see the 3 other members of your squadron highlighted there as well!

Get out there and coordinate!

-eric

The highlighted folks in the main list are the 3 other players in your squadron. Galactic Starfighter groups people into 4 man squadrons. Secondary fact, if you look at your minimap/map you will see the 3 other members of your squadron highlighted there as well!

-eric

Is it possible to rearrange squadrons before a match starts? That way if a guild or other pre-made wants to truly work in dedicated teams, they could do so.

They are just there to server as dividers so you can easily see how many people are on your team etc. It is 4 non-highlighted, 4 highlighted, and 4 non-highlighted in a 12 person team.

Does the order from top to bottom mean anything? As in rank or anything?

I seem to be placed higher on the list immediately following a match which I did really well on. Could be coincidence too, just wondering if anyone knows.

Is it possible to rearrange squadrons before a match starts? That way if a guild or other pre-made wants to truly work in dedicated teams, they could do so.

I'm assuming that when people queue as a group of 4 that they enter as a squadron? That seems to be point of this. So guild and pre-made groups can easily arrange their squadrons before they queue.

-eric

then what is the point of queuing up for group battle with 4 guildies if GS is not going to put us all in a squadron together?

also what do the 3 highlighted names on the OTHER side mean...they are not in my squadron?

The highlighted folks in the main list are the 3 other players in your squadron

Er, what? It's green-bar paper: dark, light, dark. But yes, the people in your "shade" are your squadmates.

Order seems to be alphabetical unless you group queue, then the members of the group are put into the same squad.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

I'm assuming that when people queue as a group of 4 that they enter as a squadron? That seems to be point of this. So guild and pre-made groups can easily arrange their squadrons before they queue.

Is that the case?

I was thinking of a guild wanting to have maybe 8. But it would be two teams of 4, but to have those groups in the same WZ, but not rearrange them.

Just thinking here.

This. Would be nice if you can communicate somehow, etc, or get some bonus if fighting close? What is the point in them?

Well, you spawn a different place, but that's it... (There are three spawns if I recall correctly)