Cartel Market offerings changing daily now???

Oteefo

not going to happen, I will not be strong armed by "sales tactics" in order to spend more money, if you want it to sell make it a price that people will pay and keep it there! making it expensive and offering "sales" makes me feel like you are trying to push customers into impulse buys, which raises red flags for me and your company as a whole.

Those evil companies putting their products on sale.

Totally absurd, I mean, NOBODY does this EVER. How can they be such bullies!?

You believe incorrectly, I can tell you that for a fact because I failed to check the CM only one day.

Oh Really?

See below (and above). ;)

Hey Dark,

I am sorry for your frustration about this, although we certainly haven't advertised every single change that has come to the CM in regards to sales, we did actually talk about the mount and armor returning to the store. We got questions about that exact thing in our thread about the Gree event here and here.

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT. I am sorry that you missed it, I can make no guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if we put those back in the Market at some point. Especially around the Gree event.

-eric

So while your "protip" does have some merit to it, failing to check the CM for a single day should not be punished so severely. In other words they should keep the damn stuff on there longer if they want anyone to buy it! But of course they don't really care about subscribers who buy stuff with their stipend since they already got our money. And that's another reason I am mad.

See above, and above. ;) Whooopsie. The armor and the mount were up for the weekend, so clearly you failed to check the CM for more then a day..... you missed the entire weekend. Have to wait until next time I guess.

I too collect mounts, but you know what.. I purchase from the CM because IMO my thousands of coins are better spent unlocking mounts and other items for all my characters on my account.

Protip: pay closer attention during Gree Events......you know.. for that Gree Mount. :)

Edited by Andryah

Hey Dark,

I am sorry for your frustration about this, although we certainly haven't advertised every single change that has come to the CM in regards to sales, we did actually talk about the mount and armor returning to the store. We got questions about that exact thing in our thread about the Gree event here and here.

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT. I am sorry that you missed it, I can make no guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if we put those back in the Market at some point. Especially around the Gree event.

-eric

Thanks Eric. But I must be missing something because I know for a fact that the only day I did not check the CM was Monday (I was not on at all that day). I know I specifically checked on Friday and Saturday because we had raids on both of those days, and since I always log on early I often spend the time waiting in front of the instance portal browsing through the CM or Legacy tabs, just as I did on both of those nights. So I guess my question is where the hutt where they listed under? Because I distinctly remember going through all the pages and obviously not seeing it...

Oh Really?

See below (and above). ;)

See above, and above. ;) Whooopsie. The armor and the mount were up for the weekend, so clearly you failed to check the CM for more then a day..... you missed the entire weekend. Have to wait until next time I guess.

I too collect mounts, but you know what.. I purchase from the CM because IMO my thousands of coins are better spent unlocking mounts and other items for all my characters on my account.

Protip: pay closer attention during Gree Events......you know.. for that Gree Mount. :)

Well I will be damned... I swear I didn't see the damn thing anywhere when I was browsing the CM on both Friday and Saturday, as I just told Eric above. Do you remember at all where they were listed under, or think of a technical reason I might not have seen them? Again very strange...

Well I will be damned... I swear I didn't see the damn thing anywhere when I was browsing the CM on both Friday and Saturday, as I just told Eric above. Do you remember at all where they were listed under, or think of a technical reason I might not have seen them? Again very strange...

I'm sure someone is selling it on the GTN so I wouldn't feel to bad.

They were without a doubt up on Saturday and they were both on the front page of the market.

They may or may not have been there on Friday or Sunday but I specifically remember seeing them on Saturday.

There's even a thread that mentions it here where someone was having a problem getting it added to their collection:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665530

Both of those items were on the Market from Friday morning through Monday morning CDT.

Hello,

that timing was not very good, because it was *exactly* the same time the Celebration Europe II was running ... And those attending it might have missed it as well ... (Like in my case as well.)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

that timing was not very good, because it was *exactly* the same time the Celebration Europe II was running ... And those attending it might have missed it as well ... (Like in my case as well.)

One can only assume you are joking. On the off-chance you are not, you have got to realize that no matter when they schedule something, someone is going to claim it was an inconvenient time.

Because I distinctly remember going through all the pages and obviously not seeing it.

You hit the nail on the head.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Hello,

Massive Folk Festival in my city over the weekend. I still managed to log in to get something I wanted.

If not? I wouldn't complain -- because I realize I'm not the only person playing this game.

• Dev Post
Thanks Eric. But I must be missing something because I know for a fact that the only day I did not check the CM was Monday (I was not on at all that day). I know I specifically checked on Friday and Saturday because we had raids on both of those days, and since I always log on early I often spend the time waiting in front of the instance portal browsing through the CM or Legacy tabs, just as I did on both of those nights. So I guess my question is where the hutt where they listed under? Because I distinctly remember going through all the pages and obviously not seeing it...

Hey Dark,

Anytime we have a special item like that it will almost always appear on the "front page" of the Cartel Market in the featured items section. With that being said, I talked to the Cartel Market team and they will be back really soon. By really soon, I mean they will be on the CM again this weekend. I don't have exact timing but look for them in the CM this weekend. Hope that helps!

-eric

They are using the "Featured" Page for this. When you open the market.. it defaults to the "Featured" page. That's where I saw the Gree items and is the only page you need to check. No searching required.

Could perhaps add an actual, sales page to the CM no? Or better yet a search + filter function of some sort.

I think the default landing page ("Featured") when you open the market is just fine. It's equivalent to the sale bin right in front of you as you walk into a brick and mortar store. If you miss it, you were asleep, or you did not even bother entering the store.

Edited by Andryah

I think it was also listed under "Cosmetic".

I picked one up last Saturday for my Sorceror. :)

Glad to hear it'll be back this weekend for the people who missed out!

This is a great question! You may have noticed that aside from the Gree themed items returning to the store, that the items which are on sale sometimes changes as well. I recommend folks check the store every day to see what things are on sale. If we add any brand new items into the Market we will be sure to alert you, but the sales will be changing "on-the-fly."

-eric

I love how whenever the issue of Cartel Coins being spent comes up the Devs answer right away :)

Hey Dark,

Anytime we have a special item like that it will almost always appear on the "front page" of the Cartel Market in the featured items section. With that being said, I talked to the Cartel Market team and they will be back really soon. By really soon, I mean they will be on the CM again this weekend. I don't have exact timing but look for them in the CM this weekend. Hope that helps!

-eric

Awesome, thanks for the update! I guess that settles that. However, I've checked with dozens of people both on the forums and on my server and the items were in fact only up for one day not the whole weekend. I am only saying that because you said they were up from Friday to Monday, but that wasn't the case, and if that is indeed what you guys intended to happen somehow it did not go through and you might want to fix that internally to prevent that in the future. That being said since the items are coming back this weekend no harm has been done, and I will make sure I check everyday this week just to be safe! :)

Awesome, thanks for the update! I guess that settles that. However, I've checked with dozens of people both on the forums and on my server and the items were in fact only up for one day not the whole weekend. I am only saying that because you said they were up from Friday to Monday, but that wasn't the case, and if that is indeed what you guys intended to happen somehow it did not go through and you might want to fix that internally to prevent that in the future. That being said since the items are coming back this weekend no harm has been done, and I will make sure I check everyday this week just to be safe! :)

I know for a fact that the were on the CM on Saturday and Sunday.

I have no idea what time on Friday they listed up, or what time on Monday they took them down. But they were on the CM both Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by Andryah