Adding defense makes me lose defense? o.O

XataCross

Good morning :)

I am a Jedi Shadow tank (lvl 32), I am a Biochem. This morning, after hours of crew mission farming and RE'ing i was able to proc my lvl 29 redoubt awareness implants. From old to new i supposedly gained 3 defense from each implant (not a large gain but, i was excited. Specifically due to the time and mats involved in proccing my new implants). To start, prior to equip, i had 167 defense ~24.21% defense chance. On equip, i lost 2 defense...

If I understand DR correctly, i shouldn't be anywhere near it?! Lol, I mean is there a defense cap per lvl or?

*2nd edit within*********************************************************

Soooo, like i stated in edit, I am completely baffled. Reasoning: I afk logged while i prepared myself for work, showered, shaved..you know the routine. I come back to my comp, log back in...not only was the above true, but it would appear i have gotten reamed with a logout...not only was my defense lower when i had the new implants equiped but!!, I now have 156 def....Bioware, *** dude, SRSLY! In what way have i wronged you?!

*2nd edit within**********************************************************

Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks! :) in advance.

Iskopati

Edited by XataCross
Added question about def cap per lvl....2nd Edit*** completely baffled!!!

Unequip everything with defense on it. Check that your defense is zero on your character sheet. Now equip your new item. Check your defense stat on the character sheet. Does the stat on your character sheet match what you should be having from the item tooltip? If not you should file an in game bug report. This happened to me twice with reverse engineered purple synthweaving recipes. The items were bugged to actually have less stats than they should have. After filing a bug report they were fixed the next day.

Perhaps a dumb question but you didn't level up in the meantime did you?

Otherwise it might be a bug in the database and it could be worth mentioning it to BW. There have been reports about skills, tooltips and such not corresponding to the actual benefits they give.

Edited by ElBacone